Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Marshalled the line really well last night and was mightily impressed. Also loved seeing him constantly talking and giving instructions to team and manager. He’s not a starting CB but sometimes having players like himself, Hoijberg and Ben Davies etc. in the squad can play dividends because they are warriors.

I posted it last night but in fairness to dier he could have came on and just fucked about ( he knows he is not really wanted) but he put in a shift and was damn close to a fine equaliser.
Maybe when we attack wolves and he starts higher up the pitch he won’t be as exposed for those games.

He did well last night hat off to him.

But he now has to lead the line going into a tricky run of four games.

On the positive side this could revive him as a player.

On the negative side if we get the Dier of last season we will find ourselves outside the top four after the next four games.

Couldn't have happened at a worse time

Let's hope Ange can get a tune out of him

Last night is the reason why you don't turn on the players that may not be good enough for our starting team.

He has always tried for spurs and he came in yesterday and we held the line for as long as we could.

We can't expect him to slip in and play like Romero and VDV have played, so let's just support him and not get on his back if it doesn't go all our own way over the coming matches

I saw the same thing. Said “Dier back post” quietly to my dog when the players were lining up… what a strike.

I thought that the header might’ve taken a nick off the Chelsea player (forget who) after our touch. Alas.
I'm not sure it matters if it took awhile nick with that stupid rule about intending to hit the ball. Pretty sure it took a nick though

I’m at the stage where I trust the system that much that when a player steps in to replace someone who’s better it will still work. If Dier starts on Saturday then good luck to the guy and I’m pretty sure he’ll do fine.

Small gripe on Dier - I wish he’d make an attempt to block the cross for goals 2 and 3 by sliding.

I’m not sure he gets to either ball regardless but I think it might have made Jackson’s finish a little trickier and I think it was worth the lunge.

Maybe he’s worried about the OG but he did the same for one of the goals against Barca in pre-season from memory and I just wish he’d chuck his body in to make it harder for the CF.

Petty I know, just an observation.

He did well last night hat off to him.

But he now has to lead the line going into a tricky run of four games.

On the positive side this could revive him as a player.

On the negative side if we get the Dier of last season we will find ourselves outside the top four after the next four games.

Couldn't have happened at a worse time

Let's hope Ange can get a tune out of him
Hopefully it’s the dier we had leading up to the World Cup in 22.
Also if he has a stellar 4 or 5 games it puts him in the January window for buying

It’s not Dier’s fault, but i still don’t trust him in our defence over the next month. 1 reasonable game v Chelsea doesn’t change the fact he’s an absolute liability and this will 100% show over the next 3/4 games if expectedly he starts. This is down on Levy for not getting the appropriate back up.

I'm going to get behind the Eric Dier redemption arc. The bloke just needs to feel the love. He'll still make way for Micky or Cuti when they're available but until then, his story at Spurs still has a chapter.

Back
Top Bottom