Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just don't get this whole Vlad thing, for me we've not had much value out of the £7M we paid for him and i've not seen anything from him that will convince me otherwise. Maybe I'm missing something.....I'd rather see Verts and Kaboul as our first choice with this new kid and Daws (or a n other) as backup. And get some money back for Chriches.
I agree, Vlad has been overrated by many. Daws is better than him in the Prem.

I don't think we're loaning him back. When these deals are announced, if the player is to be loaned back as part of the agreement, they're typically coupled with including that announcement as well.

Personally I'm very encouraged with the (few) signings we've made so far. A couple of defensive youngsters to blend in with the obvious talent that is already in place - I think Poch is addressing some of our weakest areas and looking to the future straight away. Gives me confidence.Up the Spurs :pochbye:

The fact no itkunts called this fills me great confidence.

Welcome and good luck
TBF to old Goaty he did mention it.

image.png

TBF to old Goaty he did mention it.

image.png
Isn't The Goat the ITK that is normally a different one that doesn't want to stick their neck on the block using their normal named account? All the same well done that lad for naming Dier a few weeks ago. None of the normal ITKs saw that one coming. Gives us hope that deals are being struck on the quiet. Still need LWF, bargain Jay Rodriguez perhaps? Schiederlin not so bothered as we're still well stocked in that position.

I agree, Vlad has been overrated by many. Daws is better than him in the Prem.
to defend my countryman , i say Dawson have 30 years old ,Vlad -24 years old ,he's much younger than Dawson,of course that Dawson have much more experience than Vlad in Premier League,Vlad played very well in the first half of the last season (with Dawson as partners in defense -14 ,15 matches in a row) then he got injury in january 2014,and 2 months was out from the pitch ,never get that form from the first half of the season, Vlad when is in full fit is awesome in the pitch ,just to mention that was transfered by AVB ,when he was fired,starting some troubles for Vlad because he play very well in 4-2-3-1 system ,with Dembele in his front as DM , and not so well in 4-4-2 with Bentaleb in his front as CM, and many many times ,players made rotations almost in every match,2 managers last season,each one with his strategy,at a point seen some troubles,Tottenham looks like he never got the "magic 11" system ,many changes in every match affected the relationship of playing between Spurs players

Last edited:
Isn't The Goat the ITK that is normally a different one that doesn't want to stick their neck on the block using their normal named account? All the same well done that lad for naming Dier a few weeks ago. None of the normal ITKs saw that one coming. Gives us hope that deals are being struck on the quiet. Still need LWF, bargain Jay Rodriguez perhaps? Schiederlin not so bothered as we're still well stocked in that position.

I hope we get MS, simply because Poch wants him, it sends the right message to the manager that Levy is committed to backing him early doors. JR on the other hand you might well be right, but I always worry about buying injured players.

I hope we get MS, simply because Poch wants him, it sends the right message to the manager that Levy is committed to backing him early doors. JR on the other hand you might well be right, but I always worry about buying injured players.

The good thing is that Pochettino didn't go asking for us to sign Lallana or Shaw. Clearly saw we had similar already, or could get cheaper, but equally as good statistically Ben Davies. Liking our business so far, not spectacular but filling vital positions.

Again, multiple ITKers called this move. It just didn't cause a big media stink, so many of you did not hear of it. Sorry guys, but our interest in this kid was not some covert operation like some of you oddly seem to be hoping it was.

Yeah, well after seeing him labeled as "the next John Terry" all over the news today, I'm ready to see him out already.

edit: Hell, I might even prefer the label "the next Joey Barton."

Personally I'm very encouraged with the (few) signings we've made so far. A couple of defensive youngsters to blend in with the obvious talent that is already in place - I think Poch is addressing some of our weakest areas and looking to the future straight away. Gives me confidence.Up the Spurs :pochbye:

completely agree and it's young British talent at a fair price to boot

to defend my countryman , i say Dawson have 32 years old ,Vlad -24 years old ,he's much younger than Dawson,of course that Dawson have much more experience than Vlad in Premier League,Vlad play very well in the first half of the last season (with Dawson as partners in defense -14 ,15 matches in a row) then he got injury in january 2014,and 2 months was out from the pitch ,never get that form from the first half of the season, Vlad when is in full fit is awesome in the pitch ,just to mention that was transfered by AVB ,when he was fired,starting some troubles for Vlad because he play very well in 4-2-3-1 system ,with Dembele in his front as DM , and not so well in 4-4-2 with Bentaleb in his front as CM, and many many times ,players made rotations almost in every match,2 managers last season,each one with his strategy,at a point seen some troubles,Tottenham looks like he never got the "magic 11" system ,many changes in every match affected the relationship of playing between Spurs players
Fair comments, but Dawson is 30 :dawsonmean:

Daws and Vlad did do well together for a while, and maybe there is a future for Vlad at Spurs. But for me Daws is the one we need to keep, if it comes to selling one of them.

We'll see what happens. I thought Daws was on his way about a week ago, but now I'm not so sure.

The Celtic and Schalke games will tell us a lot I think.

More posts on here than the Friedel, Naughton and Fryers threads and we aren't even positive he exists, Eric must feel like a million dollars right now with the attention!

Back
Top Bottom