Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't feel like we give him enough credit sometimes. He was massive today. :dier:
He's a leader through and through.

He doesn't have the same positional awareness for the entire backline that Toby has. But he leads by example and displays never say die attitude all the time, which rubs off on the rest.

I think his future lies in defence, for Spurs and England, and an option as a DM. I don't think he'll ever be a great midfielder though, his ceiling's higher as a CB, and he's cutting out the brain farts this season. Toby's injury really gives him a chance to cement that as his best position

I think his future lies in defence, for Spurs and England, and an option as a DM. I don't think he'll ever be a great midfielder though, his ceiling's higher as a CB, and he's cutting out the brain farts this season. Toby's injury really gives him a chance to cement that as his best position
I honestly see him as both and think trying to peg him into a single hole is a disservice. A couple seasons back when he was starring at DM he was doing so primarily in front of a back 4, and slotting back into the defence to cover when we were out of possession. In his appearances recently in a back 3 he's often shifting forward as a midfielder when we're in possession. I feel like this flexibility is what makes him so great, and is why he might be the first name on Poch's teamsheet (certainly looks that way). It doesn't really matter where you put his name on a positional chart, he's gonna be all over the back of the shop depending on the situation. The man who doesn't need a position.

Eric Dier's awesome.

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom