ERADICATE TO ACCUMULATE:

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As for the links, we have comments from Gianluco di Marzio suggesting Roma have expressed interest in Dembele and Napoli have put in a formal bid for Sandro. di Marzio has a track record of being accurate with our happenings from Italy. In fact, he cited the exact terms of our deal with Pochettino last week before the club had even announced him.

Gianluca Di Marzio = Sky Sports.

DI_MARZIO.jpg

Rupert_Murdoch_laughs.jpg

But you did give me a chuckle saying it like it's actually happening.

You are an ITK's or tabloids wet dream.

I often wonder if I type and see words on my screen, but in reality they look different and say something entirely different.

Doesn't happen with other members, so maybe it's not me....

Perhaps you should take Kanes better prem goals for mins played vs Defoe last season, put it in graph form, nail it to a frisbee and throw it over a rainbow?

Lol holy fuck, trying so hard. Did I ever say those two were certainly going to be sold? Fucking hell your desperation is adorable. :roflmao:

I didn't say you thought they were going to be sold. I was laughing at you thinking there was an offer on the table in the first place.

:mong:

I didn't say you thought they were going to be sold. I was laughing at you thinking there was an offer on the table in the first place.

:mong:

Haha whatever guy, the extent of that stretch pales in comparison to the sheer insults to tangible reality you've dropped all over this board. Hypocrisy continued.

Niiiice. Repeating a putdown I levelled at you. Way to be original. No wonder you just regurgitate bullshit from sketchy sources and can't think for yourself.

Can't think for myself?! In comparison to you?! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Go away troll, try to get your kicks of instilling conflict with someone at your own level of intellect.

Last edited:
Perhaps you should take Kanes better prem goals for mins played vs Defoe last season, put it in graph form, nail it to a frisbee and throw it over a rainbow?

friz.jpg

Of course it's not a Defoe vs Kane discussion and never was, but don't let that stop you

friz.jpg

Of course it's not a Defoe vs Kane discussion and never was, but don't let that stop you

2012/2013 was last season? Cheat much?

:leaveityeah:

And it IS EXACTLY a Kane vs Defoe discussion because you brought up the 2013/14 home grown players that were signed up. Defoe was one of them. Kane was youth we could have used instead freely.

You said it was "daunting in comparison if you haven't registered 25 over 21's." and essential...

Kane didn't look daunted once Defoe was out of the picture stinking up the bench did he? Defoe didnt look essential this season did he? He was one of your precious registered HG players this season and you scoffed that they could be replaced by u21 youth. And when I say youth, I don't mean the goals Defoe scored back in 2012 to cherry pick your stats.

From Jan 2013 to the point he left, did Defoe even score 3 prem goals in over 14 months? haha So much for your home grown players!

Who else was on your "essential" list? Townsend? One goal. Lennon? One goal. What a fkn pigs ear you are making of your argument for these types of players being essential. They essentially fucked our season.

Just to check your understanding, you've got 1 GK, 3 CB, 8 MF and 2 FWs.

That's 14 players, 4 short of a matchday squad.

You've not registered Livermore, Assou-Ekotto, Falque, Walker, Rose, Naughton, Dawson, Lennon, Townsend, Sigurdsson or Carroll, so you can't play any of them.

The only 3 players which have any experience of PL football which are 'free' to play are Bentaleb, Kane and Fryers, so which inexperienced youths are you going to field?

Then if you get an injury to one on your list, I assume you'll be playing the likes of McEvoy (tiny dancer)?

Stop being a tit....he clearly only listed the Non HG ones he would pick, and didnt say it was his full squad for the season

Dawson (£4m)
Naughton (£2m)
Kaboul (£2m)
Lennon (£9-10m)
Sigurdsson (£8m)
Adebayor (£8m)
Soldado (£14m)
Holtby (£9-10m) - I really hope not...how we let him go in Jan and kept Chadli is beyond me.
Benny (£4.75)
Falque (a shilling)
Townsend (£10m) - young, English and capped...adds the dollars.
Chadli (£8m)
Capoue (£10 - 12m) - I think he is good but injuries and Tim Sherwood mean we didn't see enough of him.

This is from our first team squad....and clearly all these players aren't going to be sold but I'd be surprised if there is one of them that isn't 'available'

Dawson (£4m)
Naughton (£2m)
Kaboul (£2m)
Lennon (£9-10m)
Sigurdsson (£8m)
Adebayor (£8m)
Soldado (£14m)
Holtby (£9-10m) - I really hope not...how we let him go in Jan and kept Chadli is beyond me.
Benny (£4.75)
Falque (a shilling)
Townsend (£10m) - young, English and capped...adds the dollars.
Chadli (£8m)
Capoue (£10 - 12m) - I think he is good but injuries and Tim Sherwood mean we didn't see enough of him.

This is from our first team squad....and clearly all these players aren't going to be sold but I'd be surprised if there is one of them that isn't 'available'
You've got bear in mind this is Levy selling. Also I can't see us selling Townsend, Chadli or Holtby, especially when their values could still increase massively. We hold players to their full potential and sell them for a huge profit, it's how we improve year on year. So I can't see us selling any of those 3 young and promising players.

Also I know not everyone may agree but I think Gylfi is one of the few midfielders we have ready made for Poch's system. He pressures really well, he can play anywhere across an attacking three and he gets goals. So I think it's unlikely Poch will let him go.

You've got bear in mind this is Levy selling. Also I can't see us selling Townsend, Chadli or Holtby, especially when their values could still increase massively. We hold players to their full potential and sell them for a huge profit, it's how we improve year on year. So I can't see us selling any of those 3 young and promising players.

Also I know not everyone may agree but I think Gylfi is one of the few midfielders we have ready made for Poch's system. He pressures really well, he can play anywhere across an attacking three and he gets goals. So I think it's unlikely Poch will let him go.
In my slightly more demented moments, I believe Siggy could be our Lallana in Poch's system. Seriously!

In my slightly more demented moments, I believe Siggy could be our Lallana in Poch's system. Seriously!

If he sticks around it will certainly be last chance saloon for him.

Ive always been a fan, but it just doesnt seem to be working for him here.

As to the Lallana comparison, Im really not sure he carries the ball well enough to do that job.

If he sticks around it will certainly be last chance saloon for him.

Ive always been a fan, but it just doesnt seem to be working for him here.

As to the Lallana comparison, Im really not sure he carries the ball well enough to do that job.
Completely agree with that. If Siggy dose stay, then I,m hopeing Pochettino can have the same effect/influence, he had with Lallana at Soton. Should Lallana not be a buying option.

COYS!!

I think him chasing shadows doing donkey work has ruined his game. If he's given three tasks, attack attack attack (behind the striker) I think he will be great backup.

Basically he could be a poor man's Matthew Le Tissier for us. Does fuck all then scores a screamer every 3 games.

If we are bossing a game, getting a lot of shots on target but missing, I think siggy would be a good sub to bring on, but EARLY because he can go missing for long periods.

I think him chasing shadows doing donkey work has ruined his game. If he's given three tasks, attack attack attack (behind the striker) I think he will be great backup.

Basically he could be a poor man's Matthew Le Tissier for us. Does fuck all then scores a screamer every 3 games.

If we are bossing a game, getting a lot of shots on target but missing, I think siggy would be a good sub to bring on, but EARLY because he can go missing for long periods.
Like that Gibbs. He has good close ball vision too. i.e slipping a simple but effective pass in!

Back
Top Bottom