ERADICATE TO ACCUMULATE:

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quote the whole post Oz, not just a selected line or 2. Ironic!
I go on to say that when the OTHER "stuff" starts, its a waste! Because they are both knowledgeable contributors to this forum.

'But always, always your posts are informed/expressed with diligent knowledge' you cant be serious?

you do cahspur cahspur a disservice by lumping him in with that idiot.
I think OZ makes his point quite clear - Gibbs and Cahspur cannot be compared!!

Many feel that Gibbs does not offer the 'diligent knowledge' you claim he does. I am one and yet to be convinced otherwise.

I still say we get some Asians in this club :dawsonmean::paulinholol:

I was hoping we'd go after Honda in January as rumored. He might've added some needed creativity and diversity to our attack, and I think would've been great alongside Ade in Sherwood's lineup or playing any of the attacking mid positions in the 4-2-3-1 he occasionally fielded.

I was hoping we'd go after Honda in January as rumored. He might've added some needed creativity and diversity to our attack, and I think would've been great alongside Ade in Sherwood's lineup or playing any of the attacking mid positions in the 4-2-3-1 he occasionally fielded.

Thats true. In Jan we were crying out for another midfielder.

:goonermong:

Thats true. In Jan we were crying out for another midfielder.

:goonermong:

Sherwood himself confirmed we expressed interest in Konoplyanka, which is further evidenced by the fact Liverpool were set to pay 5 million over his buyout clause. Do your research before you come at me with such childishness.

Sherwood himself confirmed we expressed interest in Konoplyanka, which is further evidenced by the fact Liverpool were set to pay 5 million over his buyout clause. Do your research before you come at me with such childishness.

Not in January he didnt.

"Konoplyanka is certainly one who's being talked about, but nothing definitive," Late March. Probably after seeing a few months of your boy Lennon eh?

Also lets not forget...Sherwood is a fucking idiot.

Last edited:

Many feel that Gibbs does not offer the 'diligent knowledge' you claim he does. I am one and yet to be convinced otherwise.
I,m not sure I,m comparing? I firstly am trying to make the point that when things with them go pear shaped, its a waste of both of their input. Because imo, they both (when thread focused) have got something of worth to say. But, again just to make it clear as I seem to have to. Not when they go head to head. As individual contributors when either concentrates on the thread. More often than not I like what both have to say. And I think the whole business is a shame and the site worse for it!

In respect to OZ, I,m now off to my sock draw!!

COYS!!

Not in January he didnt.

"Konoplyanka is certainly one who's being talked about, but nothing definitive," Late March. Probably after seeing a few months of your boy Lennon eh?

Also lets not forget...Sherwood is a fucking idiot.

A) Yet another lesson in reading comprehension for Gibbsy: that sounds a whole lot like "expressed interest" to me.

B) A lesson in research skills, as you only went as far as the first page of Google. These are his quotes from January 30th:

"Yeah, he plays off the left. I know him but nothing looks like happening. We’d have to do it now because we’ve only got two days left. I don’t see it happening but that’s why we’ve got people working with us. The chairman here is always asking me if there’s anyone we need but I need to make sure they are of the quality we need and not just a body for the sake of it. It’s very difficult to change clubs and settle. I would be very cautious if we did anything."

C) "my boy Lennon?" You could at least try covering your blatant trolling. Terrible effort.

Fuck off bro, you're way out of your depth.

A) Yet another lesson in reading comprehension for Gibbsy: that sounds a whole lot like "expressed interest" to me.

"Yeah, he plays off the left. I know him but nothing looks like happening.

Sounds like Sherwood alright. He was asked about Kono. And he said nothing was happening. "expressed interest". haha. Anyway...he was more famous for saying he wasn't signing anyone. Days before that interview.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ing-Tim-Sherwood-rules-OUT-Tottenham-signings

We're not looking! Tim Sherwood rules OUT Tottenham signings

Anyway...you pretending Sherwood was interested in Kono signing does not mean your idea to get in yet another friken midfielder in January was stupid.

We needed a left back. Because your boy Rose was shite. But apparently I'm anti English according to you.

Sounds like Sherwood alright. He was asked about Kono. And he said nothing was happening. "expressed interest". haha. Anyway...he was more famous for saying he wasn't signing anyone. Days before that interview.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ing-Tim-Sherwood-rules-OUT-Tottenham-signings

We're not looking! Tim Sherwood rules OUT Tottenham signings

:roflmao: Your counter to these quotes indicative of "expressed interest" is to post an article from before them? You fucking serious?

Anyway...you pretending Sherwood was interested in Kono signing does not mean your idea to get in yet another friken midfielder in January was stupid.

We needed a left back. Because your boy Rose was shite. But apparently I'm anti English according to you.

Well it's comforting to know the people at the club know a thing or two more about football than you do. The first indication, and sufficient evidence that they do, is that they're capable of debate and listening to the reasoning of others.

Now really, run along now and spare yourself from continuing to climb deeper into my pocket.

Laugh away. Your own quote proved that Sherwood was not interested in signing anyone let alone kono.

Not surprised really since you want half our outfield starting 11 replaced. The fact that we are overloaded with midfielders does not come into it with you. Esp unproven wank like the player you suggested.:adelol:

Thats true. He thought we needed a Japanese midfielder in Jan and I wanted Ade back, a left back and Townsend and Lennon dropped. In fact I wanted that before the season started.

Funny how things work out.

Less said about Oz the better.

Laugh away. Your own quote proved that Sherwood was not interested in signing anyone let alone kono.

Not surprised really since you want half our outfield starting 11 replaced. The fact that we are overloaded with midfielders does not come into it with you. Esp unproven wank like the player you suggested.:adelol:

Thats true. He thought we needed a Japanese midfielder in Jan and I wanted Ade back, a left back and Townsend and Lennon dropped. In fact I wanted that before the season started.

Funny how things work out.

Less said about Oz the better.

Lol, awful. Anyone who can read can clearly understand that every last bit of this is utterly contrived, misunderstood, and manipulated bullshit. You are easily the worst debater I have ever seen in my life. The fact you've been removed from four boards previously tells it all. Please just stop trying.

cahspur cahspur what do you think about Lescott on a 'free'?

Depends if he demands first choice or not. If he doesn't, I've no issue with it if both Dawson and Kaboul are sent out. But Lescott should certainly not be our acquisition needed at RCB, especially since he's a lefty and yet more so because of Poch's demanding system for CB's.

Depends if he demands first choice or not. If he doesn't, I've no issue with it if both Dawson and Kaboul are sent out. But Lescott should certainly not be our acquisition needed at RCB, especially since he's a lefty and yet more so because of Poch's demanding system for CB's.
Hmmm. Agree but there does seem to be a dearth of talent in that position. I worry Daws will struggle even more for pace as he approaches 30?

Hmmm. Agree but there does seem to be a dearth of talent in that position. I worry Daws will struggle even more for pace as he approaches 30?

If I'm honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see Levy let him go before his value excessively plummets. And yes, I agree CB is a major problem. IMO, it's far more of a problem than the LB problem.

We really need experience. He is a stalwart that we need. He's still a great player IMO and no risk as we know he can do a job. If he passes a physical we should def sign him.

If I'm honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see Levy let him go before his value excessively plummets. And yes, I agree CB is a major problem. IMO, it's far more of a problem than the LB problem.
Let's be honest, as kids weakest were played at RB or LB. The game has moved on of course but fact is it's still the weakest position on the field. Glen Johnson? Exactly. Get the CB right and you're more than half way there. Admittedly this is prem football but the premiss is the same. I don't think our LB is a particular weakness. We have not been able to defend set pieces for years and I go back to 95-2003 when I had a ST. Solid formation throughout the team (discipline) plus flair. I'll have some of that.

Back
Top Bottom