Episode 27 discussion ideas

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totally agree. I think it's naive to think otherwise.

We will with succes sget the token japanese businessman etc that has to be tolerated unfortunately. all part of the vicioous circle of cuntishness

Thelonious said:
We'd never sell out a 60K stadium week in and week out, our fans are hugely fickle

We probably won't sell out a 60k seater stadium every week but at least people like me can get tickets. The stadium we got now is too small for what we want to achieve.

SadlerTHFC said:
Thelonious said:
We'd never sell out a 60K stadium week in and week out, our fans are hugely fickle

We probably won't sell out a 60k seater stadium every week but at least people like me can get tickets. The stadium we got now is too small for what we want to achieve.
50, 55k at absolute tops.

I would take a 50k stadium right now. I just hope we don't fuck it up and make the stadium like Woolwich's, where the fans are far away from the goal. That would be a shit atmosphere.

SadlerTHFC said:
I would take a 50k stadium right now. I just hope we don't fuck it up and make the stadium like a***nal's, where the fans are far away from the goal. That would be a shit atmosphere.

they were sat very close to the pitch at the library, i think its purely down to their support. the new ground, built on islington council's tip, was built with acoustics designed to amplify the crowd noise. :roflmao:

Thelonious said:

Too true. Man Cunteh had more for their EL games last season than we did this season, despite their so called small time support. I saw a lot of empty seats at all of our EL games.

Our fanbase right now is purely built on success, and the reality is a new stadium will mean less investment in the team under the current regime. Which is no offence to Levy he has worked wonders with our finances.

At best a new stadium would be 4-5 years away, and that's a long time in football. Do we expect any of our current stars to be here in that timescale? I can't see Modric lasting past the summer for a start.

The biggest hurdle right now could also be the spammers and blue scum potentially courting the same sponsors and corporates in a worldwide recession. Without big investment or a new rich owner whose ambitions are beyond football the NDP will remain a nice image to look at and talk about.

Or we could sell Bale and Modric for £150m.

58,000 seater would do. As much as I agree with lots of what has been discussed in this thread, we do have 23k season ticket holders with well over 30k on the waiting list. IF we add 30k in season tickets that's 53k. Meaning we'll leave say 5k to members. Now obviously that'll never happen. So by the current season we reduce the season ticket total from 53k to 45k leaving 13 thousand to members for each home game. That still leaves thousands on the waiting list, plus many more thousands as standard tickets who would buy any remaining tickets.

The waiting list is a myth mate, loads of people on that list went to 1 game and that was it. Happened loads last season in the champions league, sign up, get ticket, never return. I don't think we'd sell out 58k week in week out. Only if we're a regular CL outfit which isn't guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom