Episode 27 discussion ideas

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So if Redknapp dies tomorrow - who would you have then?[/quote]

Good question.
Do we assume Allen/Bond/Jordan are not in the running and we have to appoint someone right away who happens to be available?

Roberto Martinez. May not go down well with everyone else because he's not a big name manager but I like the way his team's play, they don't just sit back they go for it. I mean look at Swansea, I know he's not their manager now but he's the one that started it and now look at them.

From a British perspective I'd maybe go Moyes because I think he has done so well at everton with what he's got.
Although working with bigger egos and having.money to spend is a different ball game

On Martinez - Keeping Wigan up is a minor miracle in my opinion.

Lambert has done very well at Norwhich but again, with no egos (his words) to contend with.

So in answer to your question I don't know, if I had to make a snap judgement I'd go Moyes. See what he can do with a really good squad and.some money.

What do u mean lets ignore the Martinez comments? You asked what manager and I said who. There is a reason why Aston Villa wanted him. Just because he's at Wigan doesn't mean he's a shit manager. Redknapp was at Portsmouth before us.

Thelonious said:
I'm really torn on this "winning at all costs" debate, I want Spurs to be successful but to become something that we traditionally aren't doesn't sit right with me. It would appear that the only way to get ahead is to have a team full of kickers and gooners.

I'm confused....

YidoBuckler said:
Thelonious said:
I'm really torn on this "winning at all costs" debate, I want Spurs to be successful but to become something that we traditionally aren't doesn't sit right with me. It would appear that the only way to get ahead is to have a team full of kickers and gooners.

I'm confused....
RVP thread

Update on all the BMC appeal stuff and a comment on Botswana in AFCON - for those listeners that aren't on here..

appropriate use of the word 'cunt'. on forums, at the game, in the pub and general use. not always sure how to use it, so i use it often, in the hope that on occasion it will be appropriate.

edit, bollox , what a cunt.

Dru said:
I think SOME people are afraid of what we may become if we were successful all the time.
All the hanger on fans
Glory fans who ebarrass you in front of people by not having the same in depth knowlege as you about your club.
Prawn sandwiches
Soulless stadiums
CUNTY fans.

The only solution is to win something every 5-7 or so years so we dont get complacent or used to the taste of success. In a way, it would mean more to people than if we were to win the league/cup every year. (Man U)

Spurs have one of the biggest supporter bases around the UK even given our poor record of success over the last 30 years. That says to me that the fans love the club because of the way we play and what we stand for. Even with a 60k seater stadium we would still fill it with proper fans sucess or not. Man Shitty have problems filling their stadiums even for top games as they are a small club with no history. You cant buy that.

Back
Top Bottom