Episode 27 discussion ideas

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we discussed that a while back, for the Madrid game, a Man U fan got a membership and a ticket on the same day. Disgraceful. Loyalty point system will need revising for the home Champions League games (if we make it) next season.

Can you ask Flav - with all his nonsense about being proper Spurs - examples include moving stadium - not wanting to lose the identity of the club if/when we win things, Why he would be so into a Manager like Mourinho taking over.

Danny Blanchflower would have a fit

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."

I posted this on the NYSpurs board:

There's a rumor going around that a certain prolific Dutch striker for a North London club has put in a transfer request after a defeat to a Manchester club on Sunday.

The rumor is unsubstantiated, and probably false.

However, let's say that it is true (and that Spurs could meet any wage/fee demands made) -- would you take him?

Discuss, especially in light of the impact Ade and Gallas have made (or not) since they came aboard.

So Chelsea werent winning things with style when they had Robben and Duff as 'wing forwards' winning the league?

Also, its Ancelotti's team that have the record for longest without conceding a goal too, not Jose. I think the critism of his teams is a bit of a false one becuase its literally the ONLY thing anyone can think of to beat him with so its overhyped.

ThisGuy said:

There's a rumor going around that a certain prolific Dutch striker for a North London club has put in a transfer request after a defeat to a Manchester club on Sunday.

However, let's say that it is true (and that Spurs could meet any wage/fee demands made) -- would you take him?

Discuss, especially in light of the impact Ade and Gallas have made (or not) since they came aboard.

topic595.html

:thumbup:

Dru said:
So Chelsea werent winning things with style when they had Robben and Duff as 'wing forwards' winning the league?

Also, its Ancelotti's team that have the record for longest without conceding a goal too, not Jose. I think the critism of his teams is a bit of a false one becuase its literally the ONLY thing anyone can think of to beat him with so its overhyped.
Jose's teams are more often than not, dirty cheating fucking cunts, loads of gamesmanship and it's generally a circus. Also, his teams are largely dull. The Chelsea team wasn't dull, granted. But if he manages Spurs, he won't be playing the Spurs way but we'd win stuff.

Case said:
ThisGuy said:

topic595.html

:thumbup:

Ahh, shit, just saw that. Sorry, fellas, I haven't been on the forum for a minute.

Thelonious said:
Dru said:

Jose's teams are more often than not, dirty cheating fucking cunts, loads of gamesmanship and it's generally a circus. Also, his teams are largely dull. The Chelsea team wasn't dull, granted. But if he manages Spurs, he won't be playing the Spurs way but we'd win stuff.

Thats debateable, unless he shipped out Bale Modric, Lennon, Walker, VDV. Which he wouldnt I dont think, but again, debateable.

Also, every team at the top of the league are dirty cheating gamesmanshipping cunts. Thats the nature of being at the top. Liverpool have always had cunts, Man U have always had cunts, God knows Woolwich have had plenty of cunts. Chelsea are absolutely full of them. They may well be cunts but the fans of these teams love these cunts and you may well argue that, in turn, makes them cunts. But if we had a couple of cunts in our team, we'd fucking love them if they cunted off RVP or Balotelli or Suarez or Terry and we would be cunts in the eyes of the cunty fans of the cunty teams they support for doing so.

Its the cunty circle of football life.

You cunt. :wink:

I'm really torn on this "winning at all costs" debate, I want Spurs to be successful but to become something that we traditionally aren't doesn't sit right with me. It would appear that the only way to get ahead is to have a team full of kickers and gooners.

I think SOME people are afraid of what we may become if we were successful all the time.
All the hanger on fans
Glory fans who ebarrass you in front of people by not having the same in depth knowlege as you about your club.
Prawn sandwiches
Soulless stadiums
CUNTY fans.

The only solution is to win something every 5-7 or so years so we dont get complacent or used to the taste of success. In a way, it would mean more to people than if we were to win the league/cup every year. (Man U)

Thelonious said:
Dru said:

Thelonious knows - apart from the last few words

"Bill Nick always wanted us to win with style and entertain the fans. If we won a game and had played badly, he was disappointed." - Cliff Jones, 2001.

Which is why we get Jose for 3 seasons, win everything then get Ginola as manager, play breathtaking football but get relegated then Martin Jol comes back, wins everything.....cycle complete. Ecstasy then Agony, followed by ecstasy. Lovely jubbly.

Dru said:
Which is why we get Jose for 3 seasons, win everything then get Ginola as manager, play breathtaking football but get relegated then Martin Jol comes back, wins everything.....cycle complete. Ecstasy then Agony, followed by ecstasy. Lovely jubbly.

Know your history Dru. Learn it and know it

Calm down Seto, only having a chuckle.

One of the reasons I dont want to lose Redknapp as he knows our history and the importnace of our legendary players.

Dru said:

One of the reasons I dont want to lose Redknapp as he knows our history and the importnace of our legendary players.

I'm not getting uptight fella - truly not.

Do you really think Redknapp gives a shit abou tour history and legendary players??? I don't think he gives a shit about anything but himself.

Seto said:
Dru said:

Do you really think Redknapp gives a shit abou tour history and legendary players??? I don't think he gives a shit about anything but himself.

I'm sure he gives a shit in terms of how football used to be.

I just mean at least he knows who Blanchflower and Mackay are/were to this club. I doubt Jose/Hiddink and the like would do.

Dru said:
Seto said:
Dru said:

I'm sure he gives a shit in terms of how football used to be.

I just mean at least he knows who Blanchflower and Mackay are/were to this club. I doubt Jose/Hiddink and the like would do.

So if Redknapp dies tomorrow - who would you have then?

Might be a bit late to pick up for your podcast tonight, but I'd love to know TFC's opinions (and other Yids obviously) about a change of mentality at the club.
Mainly concerning all the decisions that go against us. I'm sure there's more but... Stoke, City, Adebayors 3 onside goals being flagged offside.
I love Tottenham, but I also consider myself a realist and like to think my bias can still admit when we're shite or lucky.
Everybody says decisions even themselves out over the course of a season, but, where the fuck is our karmic balance?
My query about a change in mentality is this. Every time a crap decision goes against us we seem to whine for a few seconds then shrug our shoulders. Ah well. That's sad but...
If any of the above decisions went against Ferguson, Wenger, Mancini, Villa Boas or Dalglish they'd be crying for weeks to anybody that'd listen. Putting out statements, pressuring the officials in their next games, etc.
Maybe wrongly, but I'd prefer Harry to come out and take an FA sanction (maybe not him this week. He has enough issues/worries) for slagging the ref. Slag anybody. But make them think that the next dubious decision won't be as easily forgotten. Rant. Moan. Bitch
Be a cunt. Fight for us.
Sorry if this rambled on a bit. Hope you get my drift.
Slán. #TTID

Yidden Agenda said:
Might be a bit late to pick up for your podcast tonight, but I'd love to know TFC's opinions (and other Yids obviously) about a change of mentality at the club.
Mainly concerning all the decisions that go against us. I'm sure there's more but... Stoke, City, Adebayors 3 onside goals being flagged offside.
I love Tottenham, but I also consider myself a realist and like to think my bias can still admit when we're shite or lucky.
Everybody says decisions even themselves out over the course of a season, but, where the fuck is our karmic balance?
My query about a change in mentality is this. Every time a crap decision goes against us we seem to whine for a few seconds then shrug our shoulders. Ah well. That's sad but...
If any of the above decisions went against Ferguson, Wenger, Mancini, Villa Boas or Dalglish they'd be crying for weeks to anybody that'd listen. Putting out statements, pressuring the officials in their next games, etc.
Maybe wrongly, but I'd prefer Harry to come out and take an FA sanction (maybe not him this week. He has enough issues/worries) for slagging the ref. Slag anybody. But make them think that the next dubious decision won't be as easily forgotten. Rant. Moan. Bitch
Be a cunt. Fight for us.
Sorry if this rambled on a bit. Hope you get my drift.
Slán. #TTID

What was the actual question?

Back
Top Bottom