Episode 20 discussion ideas

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you guys share my concerns about the lack of cover for adebayor, across the pitch we have cover whether it is lennon / VDV, parker / sandro, king / gallas etc. If Adebayor were to get injured or suspended for a run of games it would be a big problem. Neither Defoe or VDV can lead the line. We've got Pav but even at the best of time he's a patchy performer and he's clearly got one eye on the door, and I don't think Harry Kane is ready either. The question is who would we be able to bring in who would be happy to play 3rd/4th choice but still be useful cover.

The second question is how much effect do you think that the african cup of nations will have on our rivals. From what I understand we won't be losing any players to the cup of nations, unlike citeh, chelsea, newcastle and the scum who all have players who might be playing, the list of players includes kolo and yaya toure, drogba, kalou, gervinho, chamakh, cheik tiote, and demba ba. whether we are still thinking about a title push or champions league spot by mid jan, this must give us a boost to see our rivals losing players for a run of games. (by mid jan I don't expect to still have newcastle sniffing around us in the league, and I also hope that we will have dropped liverpool by then as well.)

Thelonious Filth said:
The common link with football in those countries is that it's not half as corporate as it is over here in the UK, ergo no set of fans will have that insane level of passion as the PAOK fans did.

Our ultras would be called the Yid Army, very creative I know. :)

Yid Militia?

Also, regarding topics for discussion - how deep is our squad really? We don't really have 2 players competing for each position - central midfield is well-covered, as is our defence but we're lacking in backup wingers & forwards.

Oh, and who we should invest in come January & June. Also whether it's worth shedding some players in January given that we're out of the Europa league - we can charge a bit extra at this time & save on their wages for the next 6 months (& if he did stay, would Pavlyuchenko ever get to play in the Premier League again? - probably not)

Lack of coverage up front is an issue. But given its taken us 3 transfer windows to gain a better class of forward I think the back ups are still as good as we had year, which aren't awful.

kushty said:
Thelonious Filth said:
I think a lot of our younger players will be loaned out in January now.

Agree, I would like to see the likes of Carroll and Townsend maybe go to prem clubs

Wigan is a good shout - in desperate need of anyone who can kick a ball & did really well for Cleverley's development.

Hey Guys,

Might be a little bit late, but I would love to hear some of your thoughts on how us yanks can become legit Spurs supporters. I'm 22, have followed the club for 6 years and I think I've been as much of a yiddo as an American can be. Taken a trip to the UK specifically to see us play and have done as much research as I can. I come from a moderately sized city that is home to few true football fans, and even fewer Spurs supporters. Would love to know your thoughts on the American supporters and American football (soccer... shit) in general.

It's really great having a place to listen to some quality Spurs banter, keep up the brilliant work.

Cheers,
Sam

SamuelT said:
Hey Guys,

Might be a little bit late, but I would love to hear some of your thoughts on how us yanks can become legit Spurs supporters. I'm 22, have followed the club for 6 years and I think I've been as much of a yiddo as an American can be. Taken a trip to the UK specifically to see us play and have done as much research as I can. I come from a moderately sized city that is home to few true football fans, and even fewer Spurs supporters. Would love to know your thoughts on the American supporters and American football (soccer... shit) in general.

It's really great having a place to listen to some quality Spurs banter, keep up the brilliant work.

Cheers,
Sam
There's a fair few American Spurs fans on here, personally, I'm not bothered where our fans are from as long as they love the shirt. *fuck me that was corny*.

I can't stand Gridiron but plenty of people over here like it.

Welcome by the way.

Is there anytalk of TFC 5 a side team to take on teams of fans or get into a league.

Imagine 5 massive fighting cocks steaming at you on a Monday evening.

paulhasissues said:
Is there anytalk of TFC 5 a side team to take on teams of fans or get into a league.

Imagine 5 massive fighting cocks steaming at you on a Monday evening.
a league would be highly unlikely. One-off games are more realistic. Not in the immediate future though.

Might be a bit late to include in tonight's recording, but after Chelsea qualified for the CL knockout stages last night, do we want both Manchester teams to join them in the hope that their league form could suffer as a consequence or do we want to see them in the Europa League?

the running order was done ages ago, I should've said tbh.

I'd love to see them both in the Europa League for the lolz, however that might reduce our Champs League entries from 4 to 3 as it'd fuck up our coefficient (I could be wrong here).

Thelonious Filth said:
the running order was done ages ago, I should've said tbh.

I'd love to see them both in the Europa League for the lolz, however that might reduce our Champs League entries from 4 to 3 as it'd fuck up our coefficient (I could be wrong here).

yeah you're wrong, would take more than just one season and two teams going out in the groups for it to happen (look how long it took Italy to lose it's place with one 2 teams getting out of the groups for years, or Scotland with only ever having one team in the groups never make it out)

Also, apparently, if United and City get through the next round of the EL (or next two rounds), they will get more points than being knocked out of the last 16 in the CL

SamuelT said:
Hey Guys,

Cheers,
Sam

Jesus Christ. Apart from the age, it's like reading my fucking biography. Welcome, Sam. Where in America are you?

cutlass said:
kushty said:
Thelonious Filth said:
I think a lot of our younger players will be loaned out in January now.

Agree, I would like to see the likes of Carroll and Townsend maybe go to prem clubs

Wigan is a good shout - in desperate need of anyone who can kick a ball & did really well for Cleverley's development.
Wigan or Bolton would suit, both manager try and play decent football, and would toughen the youngsters up for the prem for next season.

I'd also include Sanwsea, but with 'less toughening up' and more cliché 'sheep raping skillz'.

Back
Top Bottom