Episode 20 discussion ideas

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Going back to the hat-trick for me it would have to be Berbatov 4 v reading.

I loved that man in a Spurs shirt and those goals said everything about him.

First -telepathy with Keano, Second - Ball fell to him in the box and belted it in calm as you like Third - Ball dropped out of the sky into a packed area and somehow he turned the defenders and just let the ball bounce off his foot into the goal all in one movement/touch, unbelievable at that level, and the fourth ran onto the ball just shoved the defender away and smacked it.

Then just stood there in front of us as if saying "that's how fucking good I am". Great match, great memory.
An enjoyable Paxton experience up there with the 5-1 semi final!

the number of missed chances! should this be a concern? Ade was poor by anyones standards and I'm not sure he contributed as much as usual. Also looked like he was getting lazy/ fatigued about 65-70 mins in

Oh, and as a discussion point, do we want the other English teams in the CL to get as far as possible, thus giving them fixture congestion, but also bags of cash, or do we want them out, meaning less fixtures but less cash too?

3 teams...You can relegate one, banish completely from history another and promote the 3rd. Who would they be?

Also, who do you want to win the xfactor?........I'll get me coat!

Revisit Harry's comments a few weeks ago RE Scotty like Mckay. Few people agreed at the time, but have a few more weeks, when we've started to see more of his footballing ability as well, started to make you see where he's coming from? I certainly do.

Gary Neville? Why does he love us so much?

Who's the whiniest manager in the PL? Wenger, AVB or Dalglish? or any other nomination, but if you say anyone but those three, you are wrong.

DB2k said:
Spurs players as biscuits?

Thoughts on how we feel about having two gooners and a spammer in the squad? I don't mean in terms of performance - we know thats been good, but we have to know - IS IT RIGHT?!

Which will be the game we slip up on? Stoke away?

Who got Benny's shirt after the Notlob game? It went into the south stand somewhere.

Why did Windy stand me up in the B&H on Saturday? Is it because I is black* ?

*I am not black.

@TheBeamish

Two responses to this.

If I was stood 2 rows back I would of had that fucking shirt!

Windy stood you up for a date with me, sorry mate. Should of found us both!

kushty said:
3 teams...You can relegate one, banish completely from history another and promote the 3rd. Who would they be?

Good game. I'd relegate the scum, liquidate chelscum, and promote Brighton or Pompey.

YidoBuckler said:
DB2k said:
Spurs players as biscuits?

Thoughts on how we feel about having two gooners and a spammer in the squad? I don't mean in terms of performance - we know thats been good, but we have to know - IS IT RIGHT?!

Which will be the game we slip up on? Stoke away?

Who got Benny's shirt after the Notlob game? It went into the south stand somewhere.

Why did Windy stand me up in the B&H on Saturday? Is it because I is black* ?

*I am not black.

@TheBeamish

Two responses to this.

If I was stood 2 rows back I would of had that fucking shirt!

Windy stood you up for a date with me, sorry mate. Should of found us both!

ah he did say he had found someone else first. well done. I hope you got some pwoper nawty coke off him.

bad luck on the shirt.

S.L.R said:
kushty said:

Good game. I'd relegate the scum, liquidate chelscum, and promote Brighton or Pompey.
I'd hate Woolwich to be relegated. That's six points a season going there! Plus, every hero needs a nemesis, fuck going without the NLD for even a season. Christ, I'm even cheering Wet Spam on to be promoted so we can boot their arses for them again. Means nothing if the get beat by bloody Leicester or some other no mark team. A Spurs booting to their hang down means so much more.

I'd banish Newcastle, cos it sounds like it would be a laugh seeing all the Geordies go mental.

Relegate Man City to see how the "most loyal fans in the world" would cope in the shite leagues this time round.

Promote Wet Spam for my earlier reason.

I would like special mention to Woolwich and Chelsea and that is for them to become mired in mediocrity in around 15th place in the league. Occasional hope of the Carling Cup semis at best, but no more. Fuck them both.

I enjoyed the bit where Charlie spoke about his away game memory where it was proper nawty. Maybe a quick reflection of a topic each week, or save that for the xmas extravaganza. Favourite player, game, goal etc.

True Aberdeen, I wouldn't want to go without the NLD for long. But one season in the second tier for the scum would please me immensely.

I suppose I wouldn't really want to go without the chavs games either. It's just they're such a bunch of cunts. Maybe I was hasty though. Liquidate Millwall instead maybe, since they're basically Chelsea taken to the extreme.

POAK ultras were bonkers at WHL ... another reminder that even though Spurs fans are a long cry from the inhabitants of the library, the PL no longer has truly mental fans. Is it just not possible for English fans to form groups of "ultras" and be as influential as the ones in Germany, Italy or even farther east? How can Bayern's fan groups be so strong as to force Manuel Neuer to meet with them after he signed, and then hand him down a code of behavior ( http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ho ... 73235.html ) and yet the Premier League doesn't have one single proper fan group in the entire league?

And if a Spurs ultra group formed, what would the name be? POAK has "Gate 4". Dinamo Zagreb has the "Bad Blue Boys". Partizan Belgrade has the "Gravediggers", etc ...

The common link with football in those countries is that it's not half as corporate as it is over here in the UK, ergo no set of fans will have that insane level of passion as the PAOK fans did.

Our ultras would be called the Yid Army, very creative I know. :)

Palace have a group styled on the ultras in Europe. Selhurst Park used to be a morgue but now has one of the better atmospheres, and their away support has a good reputation now. They sing literally non-stop for 90 minutes, no breaks. They organise big displays with flags and banners etc like this:

230357_1815952772835_1660580456_1748906_7498433_n.jpg

So it is quite good, sort of.. but it isn't 'natural' really... the songs they sing are all the bouncy, constantly 'woooaahhh' ing songs you hear at every club across Europe. Some of the banners are just weird, like pictures of panthers for example, it looks like a bunch of kids got carried away with the felt tips.

I think copying the ultras thing would be weird at Spurs. We might not all be crazed like a bunch of crackheads, setting fire to opposition stadiums or whatever, but at least we have our own identity. That's important. I think the ultras thing being copied at clubs in England like Palace, Barrow, etc... is happening at clubs that aren't exactly secure in what their identity is.

Back
Top Bottom