Enough Is Enough

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

LVG? I think its a safe bet that Holland can get to the semis, thats the 8th and 9th of July. It will take time for him to get out of Brazil, do a deal, take up the reigns... Last season started 18th Aug.

LVG's teams rarely started off with good results. He demands a style of play which isn't going to suit everyone and given there isn't really a strong 'core' XI at Spurs to begin with, I'd imagine it would take a while to figure out who can adapt and who can't (or won't).

It took him 3 seasons to build the title winning (and everything else winning) side at Ajax, 3 seasons to win the title with AZ (admitedly finishing 2nd in his first year) and even struggled in his first 6 months at Bayern before building the foundations of the side that is now dominant. He failed with Holland at his first attempt, and it's only Barcelona where you could say he had instant success.

If we got Van Gaal then I'd expect us to finish outside the top 4 next season but certainly show the kind of progress during the season that has been utterly missing in the last 2 seasons.

When people say lack of effort in the squad - I blame the back line. Why would a midfielder run his socks off only to have the back four gift possession away every chance they get.
First and foremost I blame the manager. But since before xmas we havent had one. So your right. blame the players

about 15 minutes into the game my wife asked me what was wrong, apparently the look of disgust on my face worried her. spurs is ruining my life brehs

Also- Rebrov > soldado.

Yes I did.
No this isn't because of yesterday.

Sir Guy of Rebrov?

Tbh, it's hard to tell. I don't think that our forward line get that many chances, there's no clever through balls or middle play that Strikers need. The guy gets one sitter every now and again and he's too rusty and low on confidence to sink it.

Even Klinsmann did that now and again.

about 15 minutes into the game my wife asked me what was wrong, apparently the look of disgust on my face worried her. spurs is ruining my life brehs

I think it's the face we all do watching spurs at the mo

A similar face that a baby will do when it's about to drop its bowels

296396_10100124616709543_640783625_n_zps8294ce16.jpg

Sir Guy of Rebrov?

Tbh, it's hard to tell. I don't think that our forward line get that many chances, there's no clever through balls or middle play that Strikers need. The guy gets one sitter every now and again and he's too rusty and low on confidence to sink it.

Even Klinsmann did that now and again.
His work ethic is non existent.

I have to confess- I'm hungover and angry. That may contribute to my Soldado rage.

His work ethic is non existent.

I have to confess- I'm hungover and angry. That may contribute to my Soldado rage.

I can bearly see a work ethic in any of our players.

Our back four are playing cruel tricks on Hugo every game :llorisserious:

Guarantee Hugo will be gone this summer. We'll have our defence to blame for it.

BkDI9dWIQAAYSR3.jpg:large

LVG's teams rarely started off with good results. He demands a style of play which isn't going to suit everyone and given there isn't really a strong 'core' XI at Spurs to begin with, I'd imagine it would take a while to figure out who can adapt and who can't (or won't).

It took him 3 seasons to build the title winning (and everything else winning) side at Ajax, 3 seasons to win the title with AZ (admitedly finishing 2nd in his first year) and even struggled in his first 6 months at Bayern before building the foundations of the side that is now dominant. He failed with Holland at his first attempt, and it's only Barcelona where you could say he had instant success.

If we got Van Gaal then I'd expect us to finish outside the top 4 next season but certainly show the kind of progress during the season that has been utterly missing in the last 2 seasons.

Hand on heart, I'd honestly be happy finishing outside the Top 4 next season under LVG if there were signs of improvement and a coherent plan in place. Almost like Everton this year. They are a good side, and even if they miss out on a Top 4 spot, they've improved and the foundations are there for them to get even better. You could say the same about Liverpool in Brendan Rodgers' first season. Yes they weren't great, but you could see what he was trying to do. They had a plan and now it's starting to come together. At the minute, for us, there doesn't seem to be any real plan in place. Nobody really knows what they're supposed to be doing. I bet Sherwood doesn't even know if he's going to be manager next season now that he's missed out on 4th. Tor-Kristian Karlsen made some good points on twitter earlier basically summing up how I feel about the Club at the minute. It's a shambles from top to bottom. If LVG comes in, I just want a steady season with some strong performances. If it takes him that 2 or 3 seasons to get us the title...so be it!!

Also- Rebrov > soldado.
Yes I did.
No this isn't because of yesterday.

Err I think that should read Rebrov != Soldado.

A more correct statement would be Lineker > Soldado or something like that, considering that Soldado is an all-out finisher and you'd need to compare him against others like Lineker, Allen, Bent etc rather than Rebrov who was never that type of player. They both suffered similar problems though - bought on inflated fees to do jobs that they were ill equipped to do. Rebrov especially could have been our version of Pablo Aimar if we didn't instead try to launch long balls to him and hope that he wasn't beaten to them by the 6ft 2in defender standing behind him.

Jan looks like the odd kid at the party that no one talks to and hates to be there

The kid that resents everyone because his dad left.

And the rest of the team sing "Jan is a girls name, Jan is a girls name" whenever he enters the room

I think whatever happens patience is essential next season, because whoever comes in is doing so with minimal time to get everyone on the same page. Its going to be a work in progress through the season.

I do agree it will take time to work out who is in and who is out, what works etc - but I do believe we have an excellent squad that should be able to produce a quality side for a quality manager.
This summer I would expect a few in and a few out, nothing too dramatic.

Jog on, goon boy
Listen mate because I think these two are a an appaling waste of money and a huge mistake does not make me or anyone else who feels the same way a gooner ( you twat ) I happen to think Soldado contributes nought and his body language is awful ( couldn't give a fuck ) ...add to this a catalouge of misses from someone who is supposed to be a clinical finisher and his stats. which no one can deny are pathetic and how anyone can rate him in the face of all the evidence is mind blowing ( have I said anything that isn't right ? ) As for Lamela firstly we paid a fortune for a bloke who coudn't even get picked to play then has gone on the missing list !
I thought if we spent Bale's fee on 4 top class players we would be better than last season...how wrong was I?
I know loads of fellow Spurs fans who have exactly the same views as me so if you disagree perhaps you are a gooner ??

I'd think to think everyone would be patient if there was any sign of progress. Kind of like Liverpool finishing 7th last season, but the Suarez-Coutinho-Sturridge axis starting to blossom (with Henderson and Sterling picking up this season).

The board would probably be the most impatient of all. And those who ring into Talksport.

Back
Top Bottom