Enough Is Enough

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sacking Sherwood wont solve anything...should never have been given the job any way but i will not give Liverpool the satisfaction of seeing of 2 of our managers.

What destroys me is the lack of effort that our players are showing...fucking cunts

Tim will stay, Levy has invested in him being a long term manager and that's been the plan for a long time. The problems lie in a striker that can't score and a back line that my nan could run passed (and she's blind and 74) just remember this is AVBs teams not Sherwood's.
100% correct ... well said Sir

There is a lack of effort but I think it's primarily from lack of confidence. They're scared, they can't play effectively as a team, can't hold onto possession, won't try anything risky or too attacking and then they panic when getting attacked, losing the ball - all of this is probably due to a lack of leadership, a coherent message and expectation. I think a lot if belief was through bale, they weren't 'playing for avb', lots of players were carried by bale.

Sacking Sherwood wont solve anything...should never have been given the job any way but i will not give Liverpool the satisfaction of seeing of 2 of our managers.

What destroys me is the lack of effort that our players are showing...fucking cunts

Agreed but nor should avb have been given the job after his Chelsea debarcle. Levy needs to accept that his management and player buying decisions have been woeful, I hold him responsible for this mess more than anyone else.

Some more passion from Sandro
mLkvs5uaos

Agreed but nor should avb have been given the job after his Chelsea debarcle. Levy needs to accept that his management and player buying decisions have been woeful, I hold him responsible for this mess more than anyone else.
Me to i just hate to see this club being turned into a joke, Players not being arsed, Getting dicked on by teams we should be able to compete with, rumours of punch ups, a manager who has now relegated himself to the stands, a Manager with about as much experience as me.

I remember the days when 7th was good enough for us and yes i know we have been punching above our weight for a few years but you know what i can take losing when i can see the team trying there best and giving it there all but what i cant take is players treating this club like its a sunday league team that they turn up fuck about then fuck off down the pub...The one player who sums this up at the mo is Jan from kick off yesterday he could not give a fuck and he didn't need asking twice did he want to come off. The next appointment that the bald cunt in charge makes better be a good one and he better back the fucker to

Tim will stay, Levy has invested in him being a long term manager and that's been the plan for a long time. The problems lie in a striker that can't score and a back line that my nan could run passed (and she's blind and 74) just remember this is AVBs teams not Sherwood's.
This is so obviously the case I`m just amazed so many people think otherwise. As horrible and stomach churning as it sounds, Sherwoods here for the long term. His body language and cockiness suggest he `s knows he`s safe in his job. Levy knew he could never get away with offering him a longer contract at the time. There would have been a fucking uproar. Once Levy gets his chance, the contract will be extended. I`m 100% convinced of this.

You're saying it illegal immoral and unheard of for a club to search for a new manager behind the current ones back. Are you seriously that naive. It happens. It probably happens weekly at clubs up and down the country. I think the majority of us would be very surprised if the club hadn't already made contact with whoever our new manager is going to be. After all, this is the club that supposedly sacked a manager at half time with his replacement sitting in the stands waiting. Thats the Martin Jol reference. The club has unfortunately done far worse than asking LVG if he wants the job behind Sherwoods back.

I thought the Martin Jol reference was about him going and interviewing at Newcastle while managing us. So as to point out the whole "behind their back" thing swings both ways between club and manager...

This is so obviously the case I`m just amazed so many people think otherwise. As horrible and stomach churning as it sounds, Sherwoods here for the long term. His body language and cockiness suggest he `s knows he`s safe in his job. Levy knew he could never get away with offering him a longer contract at the time. There would have been a fucking uproar. Once Levy gets his chance, the contract will be extended. I`m 100% convinced of this.

I would be shocked if Tim makes it to August.

I think Levy can be easily swayed by someone who talks the talk, i.e. appointing AVB, then Sherwood, but now Tim is showing he can't walk the walk either.

Levy's not going to have been impressed by Tim squeezing in all the bad habits and failures of our last 3 managers into one half season. Tim is cocky, but he needs to be - what use would our last 6 games be if Sherwood thought he was going?

Losing 5-0 at Liverpool because a man was sent off required a drastic meeting that ended up with AVB leaving the club - he's hardly going to high five Sherwood at slap his arse for losing 4-0 with 11 men and not even bothering to make GIF worthy faces on the touchline.

As it is not an option to stop supporting Spurs, should this happen I may have to end my life as I don't think I can deal with that clueless muppet being in charge past the summer. We are the laughing stock of the Premier League at the moment, Tim is so out of his depth it's unbearable and the fact that almost every rival fan wants us to keep Tim in charge (much how we want Moyes to stay at United and destroy it from within) says it all for me.

In the pre-match interview he said that his game plan was to "just hold on". Ignoring the fact that this is a pathetic game plan for a team sitting in 6th in the Premier League, this is also definitely not the "Tottenham Way" which was something so many people were getting on AVB's back about, and an argument that has suddenly disappeared, unless running around like a bunch of headless chickens is what you constituted as the "Tottenham Way". Also, if your game plan is to hold on, how about you play a defensive minded midfielder, not some painfully average youth player and an attacking midfielder when you have two midfielders on the bench capable of bossing a midfield. The fact Rodgers played Sterling and Coutinho in the same team shows he knew our midfield was a joke, funnily enough, as soon as Dembele came on, Rodgers immediately reacted by bringing on Allen for Coutinho so as to shore up the midfield. I think Rodgers is an absolute clown in the way he talks and presents himself but at least he is an outstanding manager, we, unfortunately, don't have the luxury of our sound bite clown being any good at managing a football team.

Sorry for the rant, and I'm not attacking you but how anyone can think it is anything but an absolute nightmare scenario to have Tim in charge next season is burying their head in the sand. Whether or not the overall long term plan was to make him manager, it is clear that Levy did not want to make him manager in January, otherwise he wouldn't have offered the job to numerous other people. The fact is, Sherwood is nowhere near ready to be manager of a club like Tottenham, I'm not even sure he is ready for Premier League management yet but gauging from his comments and general persona, he is too proud and arrogant to admit this to himself and just wants the big job straight away without doing any of the work, he doesn't even have the necessary coaching badges yet ffs!

God, I hope not! I could not stand another season with this muppet in charge

As long as the Club have a new manager by the time pre-season starts then I'm happy.
It occurs to me that who ever comes in is going to have minimal time with the squad before the season starts, and we will almost certainly be pushing our transfer deals to the last moment.

With the WC this summer, the new guy will have a month at most with the players (probably less IMO).

LVG? I think its a safe bet that Holland can get to the semis, thats the 8th and 9th of July. It will take time for him to get out of Brazil, do a deal, take up the reigns... Last season started 18th Aug.

Alternatively we go for a manager not working this summer, de Boer maybe? With half the squad away at the WC what will he be able to achieve before those dates anyway?

We are in for another transitional season. Up to Christmas could be very dodgy, but we will have to stick too it. The board and fans will need to show patience.

As it is not an option to stop supporting Spurs, should this happen I may have to end my life as I don't think I can deal with that clueless muppet being in charge past the summer. We are the laughing stock of the Premier League at the moment, Tim is so out of his depth it's unbearable and the fact that almost every rival fan wants us to keep Tim in charge (much how we want Moyes to stay at United and destroy it from within) says it all for me.

In the pre-match interview he said that his game plan was to "just hold on". Ignoring the fact that this is a pathetic game plan for a team sitting in 6th in the Premier League, this is also definitely not the "Tottenham Way" which was something so many people were getting on AVB's back about, and an argument that has suddenly disappeared, unless running around like a bunch of headless chickens is what you constituted as the "Tottenham Way". Also, if your game plan is to hold on, how about you play a defensive minded midfielder, not some painfully average youth player and an attacking midfielder when you have two midfielders on the bench capable of bossing a midfield. The fact Rodgers played Sterling and Coutinho in the same team shows he knew our midfield was a joke, funnily enough, as soon as Dembele came on, Rodgers immediately reacted by bringing on Allen for Coutinho so as to shore up the midfield. I think Rodgers is an absolute clown in the way he talks and presents himself but at least he is an outstanding manager, we, unfortunately, don't have the luxury of our sound bite clown being any good at managing a football team.

Sorry for the rant, and I'm not attacking you but how anyone can think it is anything but an absolute nightmare scenario to have Tim in charge next season is burying their head in the sand. Whether or not the overall long term plan was to make him manager, it is clear that Levy did not want to make him manager in January, otherwise he wouldn't have offered the job to numerous other people. The fact is, Sherwood is nowhere near ready to be manager of a club like Tottenham, I'm not even sure he is ready for Premier League management yet but gauging from his comments and general persona, he is too proud and arrogant to admit this to himself and just wants the big job straight away without doing any of the work, he doesn't even have the necessary coaching badges yet ffs!

Well said. Anyone who dares to say that we are more entertaining to watch under sherwood clearly has an agenda.

Me to i just hate to see this club being turned into a joke, Players not being arsed, Getting dicked on by teams we should be able to compete with, rumours of punch ups, a manager who has now relegated himself to the stands, a Manager with about as much experience as me.

I remember the days when 7th was good enough for us and yes i know we have been punching above our weight for a few years but you know what i can take losing when i can see the team trying there best and giving it there all but what i cant take is players treating this club like its a sunday league team that they turn up fuck about then fuck off down the pub...The one player who sums this up at the mo is Jan from kick off yesterday he could not give a fuck and he didn't need asking twice did he want to come off. The next appointment that the bald cunt in charge makes better be a good one and he better back the fucker to

My worry is that LVG is a fergie type, hot headed, I cannot imagine how Levy's ego can deal with someone like that, got the feeling we will start doing well after two season under LVG then Levy will have a big arguement and sack him.

As a club we are so fucking dumb, a manager takes us from near the relegation zone and gets us two top 4 finishes playing the most exciting football in the league, we get rid of him and replace him with a guy who fucked up the Chelsea job big style, then replace him with a guy with no management experience and wonder why we are where we are.

And thats the problem, Redknapp is a dick, but LvG by all accounts is even a bigger dick but a far far more talented manager. Levy has to accept that great managers are normally barstards with big egos like him.

My Chelsea supporting friend still laughs at us getting rid of Redknapp and replacing him with 'the crappest manager Chelsea have had in the last 10 years' in his opinion then replacing him with the youth team coach mid season. So many other fans are laughing at us right now and I don't blame them.

[QUOTE="TOMO,

My Chelsea supporting friend still laughs at us getting rid of Redknapp and replacing him with 'the crappest manager Chelsea have had in the last 10 years' in his opinion then replacing him with the youth team coach mid season. So many other fans are laughing at us right now and I don't blame them.[/QUOTE]

I dont have Chelsea supporting friends. They think I`m their friend. I act like their friend. But when I`m not with them I think their all a bunch of glory hunting, plastic club supporting soulless cunts:avbfu:

Anyway, as the thread says, Enough is Enough. It`s now 2 o`clock and still no confirmation of Sherwoods sacking or resignation. What the fucks wrong with this clubs media outlets.I`m starting to worry it aint happening

Anyway, as the thread says, Enough is Enough. It`s now 2 o`clock and still no confirmation of Sherwoods sacking or resignation. What the fucks wrong with this clubs media outlets.I`m starting to worry it aint happening
Been checking the OS all day - no luck, mate

Been checking the OS all day - no luck, mate
One glimmer of hope. Probably means fuck all but all the bookies now have him as odds on to be the next manager out. First time i`ve seen that. Things are getting desperate when I find myself looking at the bookies prices just to raise my spirits. I think I need help. Some sort of counseling maybe

When people say lack of effort in the squad - I blame the back line. Why would a midfielder run his socks off only to have the back four gift possession away every chance they get.

Back
Top Bottom