England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he had Foden & Jude collecting the ball from either side of him (and Kane ahead of him); he wouldn't need play any overtly brave/creative passes......

Nor is playing Henderson or Gallagher alongside him instead in a dismal 4231 going to open up any further avenues of creativity/playmaking.

Not really sure it works like that, if Rice is the base of the midfield, he's the one who will be dictating the play and initiating attacks, you want Foden playing between the lines and Bellingham breaking the lines and running into the box as opposed to trying to playmake, Henderson or Gallagher would be pointless beside him, Mainoo would be better as would Curtis Jones or maybe have Trent inverting from RB.

I like Rice but there's a reason why Arteta moved him away from the 6 and put Jorginho there and why Partey is better in that position, that game against Fulham exposed his weakness when he's on the ball, he just passes too safe.

Last edited:
Ideally, Rice would be playing ahead of someone who plays the number 6 role. But we don't really have anyone. Angel Gomes plays that role really well but he's just so damn small. Curtis Jones has looked excellent playing deeper for England under 21's, and Liverpool at times, but it's a far bigger ask doing it against the top sides at International level. Maybe Rico Lewis in the future but at the moment it's hard to tell what his best position actually is.

Guess there's only one man for the job...

champions league football GIF by BT Sport

:harrylol:

Can't wait for people who don't watch football all year round to start singing songs about Southgate, saying "it's coming home" and talking about the game like they understand it.

And then, when we fail, start to say stupid things like "the women's team are better"

Can't wait for people who don't watch football all year round to start singing songs about Southgate, saying "it's coming home" and talking about the game like they understand it.

And then, when we fail, start to say stupid things like "the women's team are better"

Exactly. If we do well in both these upcoming games, some people will be saying we should be handed the Euro 2024 trophy already. If we lose both games, it will be all of our players are over-rated, and Southgate public enemy number one.

Ultimately I just want to see us have a go at both teams. Neither Brazil or Belgium are going to be better than us on paper. Belgium peaked 4 or 5 years back.

As you say this I have the person in mind who would say/do all the above verbatim. He's a teacher from Reading....😑

its smart really, they're in a title race and those friendlies are meaningless but could quite easily fuck up your season.
Smart but disgraceful though. How many times have they done that. They couldn't do it any more obvious.

I hope these players staying back 'recuperating' will get real rusty on the coming league game and really tear a muscle so they can have a true, proper rest. I don't like to wish injuries upon players, but that club..... They can piss off.

City pulled De Bruyne and Haaland out and Liverpool pulled Salah out of Internationals.

Don't see the problem with pulling players out if your rivals are doing it TBH, I'd want us to do the same thing,

Back
Top Bottom