England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Close Call Wipe Brow GIF by The Great Pottery Throw Down

After watching various videos on YouTube, I can't believe how many people are putting Trent Alexander-Arnold in England's midfield. He's played there for club or country how many times? A handful? There's no debating that he's got a wand of a right foot. It's genuinely Beckham-esque. But he's given time to play his long balls for Liverpool at right-back. In midfield against the better sides he just won't get that time on the ball. Don't think he offers anything off the ball either. For me, he's a luxury player that only gets in the squad if both Trippier and James were missing.

After watching various videos on YouTube, I can't believe how many people are putting Trent Alexander-Arnold in England's midfield. He's played there for club or country how many times? A handful? There's no debating that he's got a wand of a right foot. It's genuinely Beckham-esque. But he's given time to play his long balls for Liverpool at right-back. In midfield against the better sides he just won't get that time on the ball. Don't think he offers anything off the ball either. For me, he's a luxury player that only gets in the squad if both Trippier and James were missing.

Not even remotely a midfielder

As a non English but living here and wishing your team all the best I'm worried about Saka thing. Not because I wish any gooner success but simply history tells teams that are willing to die so to speak for the country they are reaching the highest price. Greece, Argentina, Portugal, Italy... the list goes on.
Objectively England has the best group of players in the world right now, generational talent all round, it would be a shame if they don't win a major trophy because of domestic league business and a menager that allows for it to be an excuse to not to participate.

FA apparently 'worried for Southgate a future' amir Man United interest.

:dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:

What a load of bollocks - if Southgate goes to Man United he will last 6 months at most.

He knows that, we know that, the entire world knows it.

Henderson won numerous cups as captain of Liverpool, he’s not part of any ingrained failure. He’s been around the squad during our most successful period since ‘66.

Having someone around who has played in 3 CL finals, a euros final and multiple FA cup finals is a good thing, no?
No

Oh like Hugo Loris you mean....yeah captain of the world champions. It does not merely translate in this way. We have had the 'benefit' of Hendersons leadership at many tournaments including one on home soil. Your seriously over-rating his importance at International level. Its all about opinions mine is he is done and should be dispensed with. As someone pointed out it had already started then Southgate froze, as is his want. By all means keep doing the same thing and hoping for a different result there's an axiom about that. We won't win anything with Southgate's Henderson Maguire and Tripper contributing I 100% certain.
Not a good leader in my eyes anyway - basic, northern scuttler. As if Kane and Bellingham give a flying fuck what that hypocritical, Geordie maggot has to say…. Fuck off Hendo

James is such a sad case. Perhaps the best right back in the world on pure talent, the defending of Walker and the attacking of Porro but he can only play a few games a season, like a new Ledley King.

Chilwell and Shaw we just have to hope at least one of them is fit.
Not similar to King at all. He had an unfortunate degenerative joint injury that couldn’t be helped, just unfortunate genetics.

James is a massive, bulky oaf who is at least two stone overweight hence he’s suffering muscle injuries as he’s far too heavy for his frame. His brother/sister thing is even worse - giant hippo.

Your strongest
Pickford
TAA
Walker
Stones
Chilwell
Gallagher
Rice
SakaFoden
Bellingham
Rashford
Kane
lineup code
[lineup]
Pickford
TAA Walker Stones Chilwell
Gallagher Rice
Saka/Foden Bellingham Rashford
Kane
[/lineup]

France’s strongest
Maigan
Pavard
Konaté
L.Hernandez
T.Hernandez
Tchouameni
Rabiot
DembeleComan
Griezmann
Mbappe
Giroud
lineup code
[lineup="away"]
Maigan
Pavard Konaté L.Hernandez T.Hernandez
Tchouameni Rabiot
Dembele/Coman Griezmann Mbappe
Giroud
[/lineup]

👀

Not convinced it’ll work. That’s two box to box types who love to cover ground. We definitely need someone who prefers the ball at feet and is very technically comfortable trying to slow things down and play in front of the back 4.

Mainoo is in that vein but probably way too early for him. Without that we will have to rely on blood and thunder and getting it to the forwards quickly to make the difference. It can work but you won’t have balance.

You can pick your preferred defenders but I think the six ahead of them should look like this;

Holding Mid - Rice
CM - Bellingham
CM - Maddison
LW - Saka
RW - Foden
ST - Kane

That is six outstanding players, all can score a goal, all can create a goal at any level.

Some may prefer Rashford to Foden, no problems there either but I do think Foden at his best is better
Not even Rashfords mum would pick him over Foden. Don’t talk utter garbage

Not convinced it’ll work. That’s two box to box types who love to cover ground. We definitely need someone who prefers the ball at feet and is very technically comfortable trying to slow things down and play in front of the back 4.

Mainoo is in that vein but probably way too early for him. Without that we will have to rely on blood and thunder and getting it to the forwards quickly to make the difference. It can work but you won’t have balance.
I think with TAA in the team, you could have both him and Stones step into that space with Walker’s pace to cover.

However if you play slab head there then that won’t work.

I’d still pick that midfield against most teams. People want Bellingham in midfield and that’s far more unbalanced!

I think with TAA in the team, you could have both him and Stones step into that space with Walker’s pace to cover.

However if you play slab head there then that won’t work.

I’d still pick that midfield against most teams. People want Bellingham in midfield and that’s far more unbalanced!

Jude played #8 at BVB
Rice played #6 during the Euros (Phillips was the one with license to roam)

Back
Top Bottom