England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Decent, professional performance. Stepped off the gas once we got the second goal and would have liked to have seen us score one or two more, but it was a job well done overall. Looking forward to the Poland game next week which will be a better spectacle. Actually thought Kane had an average game overall by his extremely high standards but he still came out of it with a goal and an assist. Rice was excellent.

Why are people (pundits) talking up Poland like they're some greats shakes? They have a decent team with a few good players, and Lewandowski. We have much more quality overall and are at Wembley.

For fuck sake. ENGLAND played a game of football yet these pundits are talking about Kane leaving Spurs. Talk about the international, you know, the game just played, you utter wankers.

For fuck sake. ENGLAND played a game of football yet these pundits are talking about Kane leaving Spurs. Talk about the international, you know, the game just played, you utter wankers.

They should be talking about what kind of photos of Southgate does Phillips have to get into the starting 11 two games running.

They spend all the time talking about Kane looking sad and fuelling an agenda - discussion turns to Mason Mount and everyone is smiles, how committed he is blah blah blah. He's 21

Aidy Bothroyd is stealing a wage as manager of our under 21's. An absolute fraud. That said, our under 21 side should look far, far different than it does. I'm all for blooding young players in the senior side early, but imagine going into the under 21 tournament with something like this 11:

Ramsdale

James
Godfrey
Tanganga
Sessegnon

Skipp
Bellingham
Foden

Saka
Sancho

Greenwood

They would absolutely walk it, at least with someone competent in charge.

Lewandowski out of Wednesday's game. Dissapointing for the game really. Also gives the Poles an excuse once they've lost. "If we had Lewandowski..." blah blah.

I watch streamed games on my laptop and I avoid going full screen because when I exit I get a load of ads and sometimes lose sound.
So these new numbers on the shirts are really irritating.

Watching England I feel like they miss someone like Winks.

Don't get me wrong he's crap for us but he's never had a bad game in an England shirt.

Always looks good on the ball and gets England up the pitch quickly.

Phillips/Rice looked really poor in a creative sense.

Against better teams 2 DM's and other small things will just make England boring and not look competitive against the better teams.

Watching England I feel like they miss someone like Winks.

Don't get me wrong he's crap for us but he's never had a bad game in an England shirt.

Always looks good on the ball and gets England up the pitch quickly.

Phillips/Rice looked really poor in a creative sense.

Against better teams 2 DM's and other small things will just make England boring and not look competitive against the better teams.

I'd have even Barkley over Phillips. At least he can travel with the ball, and is capable of scoring from outside the box, Generally plays well for England too even when he's not at club level. He actually started really well for Villa, linking up with Grealish. But then got injured, came back and looks bang average again. Talented player but just can't put it all together for any period of time.

I'd have even Barkley over Phillips. At least he can travel with the ball, and is capable of scoring from outside the box, Generally plays well for England too even when he's not at club level. He actually started really well for Villa, linking up with Grealish. But then got injured, came back and looks bang average again. Talented player but just can't put it all together for any period of time.
And btw Its not Phillips' fault it would be the same if Southgate made Rice play like Phillips.

One CDM is fine but two isn't fine. You can't expect the other CDM to play like an 8 when they are a 6.

And btw Its not Phillips' fault it would be the same if Southgate made Rice play like Phillips.

One CDM is fine but two isn't fine. You can't expect the other CDM to play like an 8 when they are a 6.

Don't know why he just don't go with Lingard alongside Rice while he's in form. Lingard has a good record for England and while offering a goal threat, still doesn't abandon his defensive duties. Phillips is isn't really this or that.

Don't know why he just don't go with Lingard alongside Rice while he's in form. Lingard has a good record for England and while offering a goal threat, still doesn't abandon his defensive duties. Phillips is isn't really this or that.
I'd just go for Mount with Rice.

For me Mount looks quite good at CM potentially.

Back
Top Bottom