England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

IMO, Mount is this years Dele Alli (2017)..... just wait...just you fucking wait :deledoubt:

Don't see that at all. In fact I can only see Mount getting better and better. He's what we're missing in midfield, someone who can get forward and get goals from midfield consistently. I can only see his record, like Lampard, getting better and better in that regard.

Don't see that at all. In fact I can only see Mount getting better and better. He's what we're missing in midfield, someone who can get forward and get goals from midfield consistently. I can only see his record, like Lampard, getting better and better in that regard.
Is kinda what I thought Dele might do, sad really but its all down to him

Is kinda what I thought Dele might do, sad really but its all down to him

Yeah, I get why you would see that. But Mount has a completely different attitude and mentality compared to Dele. Mount gives the impression he will always be striving to improve and get better. Alli seems all too happy to be what he is.

FAiPV9oXEAA1T5w

No Bellingham......
No Greenwood..... Gary holds a grudge.

Last edited:
1 spurs player, who is there on reputation and the fact he’s captain. Tells a story.

Walker, Trippier, Dier, Winks, Alli, Kane, Rose all in the squad 16-18.

So many measurements showing just how bad the drop off has been. Makes me sad.

It's sad, but Dier, Winks, Dele simply don't warrant it.

1 spurs player, who is there on reputation and the fact he’s captain. Tells a story.

Walker, Trippier, Dier, Winks, Alli, Kane, Rose all in the squad 16-18.

So many measurements showing just how bad the drop off has been. Makes me sad.
If you're picking strictly on current club form Kane shouldn't be in there either.

He's been awful this season.

No clue why he's been called up, not exactly setting the world alight over In Italy.
Rather they give Toney a chance.

No clue why he's been called up, not exactly setting the world alight over In Italy.
Rather they give Toney a chance.

I've watched a lot of Roma's games and he's been great. Unlucky not to have 2 or 3 more goals to his name. I think he'll be world-class one day, or close to, if he keeps on improving. Got all the tools, just lacks consistency and a bit of composure at times.

Look forward to seeing this team for England, which I think will be something like our best down the line -

Pickford

James
Stones
Tomori
Shaw

Rice
Bellingham
Foden

Palmer
Saka
Greenwood

Only issue with that team would be a major lack of height collectively. But it has everything else.

I think Cole Palmer will be sensational - As good as Foden. A City fan I'm pals with is always adamant that he's even better than Phil at the same age. Then of course there's the likes of Tariq Lamptey, Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott, Conor Gallagher, Emile Smith Rowe, Jadon Sancho and Harvey Barnes who can all be there or there abouts. Perhaps even Skipp too if he keeps on improving.

The talent England have now is silly. Some wonderful technical players that we could only dream of having in the team and squad 10-15 years ago. If Southgate or someone else can't win a tournament with the above then it's quite a failure.

Last edited:
Nah, he's in a purple patch right now, it's doubtful he'll maintain his form - he's average let's be honest.

I seem to remember him always playing really well for England some years back. Like Welbeck, one of those players that actually look better for their national team than their club side.

But yeah, his run will end sooner rather than later and he'll sink back to being mediocre. Always capable of a worldie though. I'd say Demarai Gray is closer to a call up than Townsend.

Nah, he's in a purple patch right now, it's doubtful he'll maintain his form - he's average let's be honest.
Not even just for this break? Sancho hasn't been playing well for a while now and I think it would do no harm to show him his place isn't guaranteed.

I agree that it is a purple patch though, just think the guy comes off very well :p

Back
Top Bottom