England Manager

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CnyrTzBWcAEqjup.jpg

Not so bad, Allardyce is a master of making shit teams look average, England are a shit team, Allardyce will at least make them less of an embrassment although very boring most likely.

Sad as it is that is about the best we could probably do.

He'll struggle to do worse than the last few managers - feel a bit sorry for Sunderland.....who are now fucked
Possibly a blessing in disguise if Sunderland land Moyes. Everton opporated on similar budgets to Sam. Moyes' last five seasons at EFC: 5th,8th,7th,7th,6th Everton after Moyes: 5th,11th,11th. Moyes also was great with youth too, he practically built Finch Farm, plus they will get compensation. Expectations are still low & will be one of the teams most likely to go down.

Possibly a blessing in disguise if Sunderland land Moyes. Everton opporated on similar budgets to Sam. Moyes' last five seasons at EFC: 5th,8th,7th,7th,6th Everton after Moyes: 5th,11th,11th. Moyes also was great with youth too, he practically built Finch Farm, plus they will get compensation. Expectations are still low & will be one of the teams most likely to go down.

I know a lot of Sunderland fans - they are dreading Moyes.

Fat Sam is very under estimated in terms of his ability to organise a struggling team and sign players that make a difference.

Sunderland fans are gutted he's going, and more gutted that Moyes might take over.

I know a lot of Sunderland fans - they are dreading Moyes.

Fat Sam is very under estimated in terms of his ability to organise a struggling team and sign players that make a difference.

Sunderland fans are gutted he's going, and more gutted that Moyes might take over.
I can understand why, Moyes's rep was in tatters after ManU gig, but they only need to take a step back and see what Moyes did at Everton to know that if that man was their manager then he will do a better job than Sam IMO. Moyes was given the ManU job because he was good.
Sunderlands main problems lie with the board and have done for many years, so whoever the manager is he will always have one hand tied behind his back.

Big Sam is an awful appointment. England should have drawn a line and started afresh. brought in younger as Eddie Howe. England will always (mostly) qualify directly for a tournament, as long as there isn't a decent team along side in the group.
its playing the tournament football which should be the aim. Big sam will get eaten alive at the WC and the media will be asking questions. At least a younger coach will be given time and allowed to develop. Most of us could pick the side for the qualifiers and we would get there. Its the big occasions that the skill is needed. At least the FA stayed English, i always feel going foreign is embarrassing.

Big Sam is an awful appointment. England should have drawn a line and started afresh. brought in younger as Eddie Howe. England will always (mostly) qualify directly for a tournament, as long as there isn't a decent team along side in the group.
its playing the tournament football which should be the aim. Big sam will get eaten alive at the WC and the media will be asking questions. At least a younger coach will be given time and allowed to develop. Most of us could pick the side for the qualifiers and we would get there. Its the big occasions that the skill is needed. At least the FA stayed English, i always feel going foreign is embarrassing.

Howe wasn't interviewed for the job from what the media say - so maybe he wasn't interested.

Don't think he'd be right anyway, not experienced enough.

Think he will be as good as the recent England Managers- Crap. May do well in qualifiers but as soon as we get to a tournament we will be knocked out early.
In a way it might be better for failure to come quicker and he gets sacked and we get someone that knows how to win major trophies. Sadly no Englishman is in that category.

Think he will be as good as the recent England Managers- Crap. May do well in qualifiers but as soon as we get to a tournament we will be knocked out early.
In a way it might be better for failure to come quicker and he gets sacked and we get someone that knows how to win major trophies. Sadly no Englishman is in that category.

I think the only way you can get someone like that is by lining them up for the job well in advance.

If the FA had the foresight they probably could have got Mourinho this time round, they would have needed to approach him last December though - which would have been risky and heavily criticised.

I just can't get my head around The FA. Their number one choice was Wenger, he said no, so they went with Sam. I'm not going to bang on about who is better but it is clear as day the two men have opposite football philosophies, it simply doesn't make any sense to have this kind of approach, it shows that The FA literally have no clue what the fuck they are doing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom