England Manager

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

England need a match coach. Someone who can see what is happening in real time, know how to respond then get that to the players in simple instructions.
Instead they pick people who put on great training sessions (which requires great preparation, but not instinct) and know theory inside out ... McClaran, Hodgson ... but have no feel for the game.
If they don't speak English then forget it, however good they are.

Richard Branson and Eric Cantona. The manager job is a leadership role. The players know how to play. Coaches can fine tune a system. These guys will inspire and command respect. A mega rich decent bloke and a former player still making millions from advertising. The squad will love them. WC 2018 will be ours.

And if Branson's not available, maybe Robert Mugabe and Cantona
Robert-Mugabe2.jpg

??

Anyway of course Les and dim Tim...at least for the comedy

Richard Branson and Eric Cantona. The manager job is a leadership role. The players know how to play. Coaches can fine tune a system. These guys will inspire and command respect. A mega rich decent bloke and a former player still making millions from advertising. The squad will love them. WC 2018 will be ours.
How about the FA make up for their folly of never hiring Brian Clough as England manager and bring in Michael Sheen to do a Clough impression?

It scares me that I actually think that'd work better than Hodgson.

Boris...

boris-johnsons-quotes-6.jpg

He could lead us out of Europe by choice, rather than this "against our will" elimination we get every tournament...
:ossie:

Actually I just don't care any more. I really don't. I won't be watching the next World Cup out of principle anyway. Nor the one after that. Unless something drastic changes.

If we are keeping it English (and we don't have to) then I would say Allardyce is the obvious choice, he will make the team disciplined and hard to beat if very boring. His record is by far the best of any current English manager given the shit resources at his disposal.

Would say Hoddle as he is the only manager other than Venables in my lifetime who played decent football but he hasn't managed for ages.

IMO Warburton is the best in terms of style but I am rather hoping he stays at Rangers so if Poch ever does leave we have a ready made Spurs fan replacement.

Not really many great options Allardyce for his drive, ability to smash egos and actually have tactics even if they are boring wins it for me.

Back
Top Bottom