EFL Cup - Wolves vs Tottenham - Wed, Sep 22 19:45 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think his confidence is ok but I question his desire to do it for us

I don't think for a moment he doesn't wish he was at City. But I think he does take pride in his own work and he'll soon be back to something like his best regardless. He's had poor/slow starts to the season before on a number of occasions it shouldn't be forgotten. If he starts every game when fit and available, I have no doubt he'll score 20+ goals for us still this season no matter where we finish.

Yesterday's win, Kane's goal and penalty change little.

We should not be relinquishing 2 goal leads if we are serious about a swift return to the top table.

It would have been carnage on here if we had gone out and rightly so.

Credit to those who took penalties. Never easy.

We battered them for the first 30/40 minutes, but then started strolling around, and their tails went up once they scored. We need to be able to move up a gear when required.
Suppose should be happy we're through and although away, we could have had a much tougher tie for the next round. COYS
Same as the Chelsea game at the weekend. We seem to run out of steam and/or confidence after 35-40 minutes now. It's an odd one, and something I hope we can get rid of. If we play with the same belief as we have for the first part of both of our last 2 games I'm sure results will be much easier to come by. And the viewing experience would be much more pleasurable too.

I don't think for a moment he doesn't wish he was at City. But I think he does take pride in his own work and he'll soon be back to something like his best regardless. He's had poor/slow starts to the season before on a number of occasions it shouldn't be forgotten. If he starts every game when fit and available, I have no doubt he'll score 20+ goals for us still this season no matter where we finish.
Hope you’re right

In all honesty, as infuriating as Ndombele's play was on both Wolves goals, who else do the Spurs have in the Midfield to create and actually move the ball forward that is close to his level ? For better or worse, Nuno is gonna have to utilize Ndombele in that Spurs MF for me. Lastly, while Ndombele should have moved that ball faster on the second Wolves goal, Skipp's back-pass put him in that position in the first place.

Same as the Chelsea game at the weekend. We seem to run out of steam and/or confidence after 35-40 minutes now. It's an odd one, and something I hope we can get rid of. If we play with the same belief as we have for the first part of both of our last 2 games I'm sure results will be much easier to come by. And the viewing experience would be much more pleasurable too.
The more we play this way and work on our fitness in training the better it should look.

Ole's united team also struggled with fitness for a fair bit of time after he took over from Jose. The fitter the players get, the more consistently we will be able to play like in the 1st half.

In all honesty, as infuriating as Ndombele's play was on both Wolves goals, who else do the Spurs have in the Midfield to create and actually move the ball forward that is close to his level ? For better or worse, Nuno is gonna have to utilize Ndombele in that Spurs MF for me. Lastly, while Ndombele should have moved that ball faster on the second Wolves goal, Skipp's back-pass put him in that position in the first place.
I do think the 'let's have short Ndombele mark a 6ft something player who is known for their heading skills' idea needs to be put on the back burner.

We should not be relinquishing 2 goal leads if we are serious about a swift return to the top table.

Totally agree
That was a mid table performance against a frankly very ordinary side. Obviously I'm over the moon with a win but that team won't be challenging for anything worthwhile any time soon. We have to up our game somehow. But how? I really don't know.
Suggestions please, on a postcard addressed to D.Levy, PO Box 1882 Arkley.

Last edited:

Agree for the most part, although hopefully the win will boost players confidence a little. A win never hurts!

But yeah, it doesn't change the bigger picture unless we can use it as a bit of momentum.

American pizza is worse.
funnily enough, some of the worst Pizza I have eaten has been in Italy, where traditionally it was a starter than a main meal. The Italian Americans turned it into a main meal and now the Italians do the same for the tourists - which is a bit of a paradox in itself.

As long as the base is good and its cooked in a proper pizza oven, then it's as good as your choice of toppings - the biggest issue with American pizza is that a lot of places make their pizza on factory made bases, so you have to make sure you go to somewhere where they make their own base and ideally use a wood oven.

In short, American pizzas are just as likely to be as shit as anywhere, dependant on how they are made and how they are cooked.

The average yank would eat roadkill on their godawful processed cheese laid on a dead tramps flip flops and think it was great, if they thought it was 'murican and weighed the same as a big baby and looked like a dustbin lid in size - they tend to go for quantity over quality.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

funnily enough, some of the worst Pizza I have eaten has been in Italy, where traditionally it was a starter than a main meal. The Italian Americans turned it into a main meal and now the Italians do the same for the tourists - which is a bit of a paradox in itself.

As long as the base is good and its cooked in a proper pizza oven, then it's as good as your choice of toppings - the biggest issue with American pizza is that a lot of places make their pizza on factory made bases, so you have to make sure you go to somewhere where they make their own base and ideally use a wood oven.

In short, American pizzas are just as likely to be as shit as anywhere, dependant on how they are made and how they are cooked.

The average yank would eat roadkill on their godawful processed cheese laid on a dead tramps flip flops and think it was great, if they thought it was 'murican and weighed the same as a big baby and looked like a dustbin lid in size - they tend to go for quantity over quality.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Same here.... and conversely, one of the BEST pizzas I've EVER had was in *Cardiff!

*albeit at a Neopolitan Pizzeria there!

I do think the 'let's have short Ndombele mark a 6ft something player who is known for their heading skills' idea needs to be put on the back burner.
I love the way the rocket scientists are all making it's his fault, for much the reason you just said, and the fact that even if you are given someone to mark, it's every players job to defend corners, nobody says "oh that's Bills opposite number, I'll just watch and see how he deals with it"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You are banned from New York. I've made a call.

You are banned from New York. I've made a call.
Some of the best food I have ever had the pleasure to eat was in New York, both good quality restaurant food and fast food places as well. Beats the crap out of London for food, cleanliness, friendliness and openness. Loved Churrascaria Plataforma, the Brazilian eatery, which scored highly on quality and quantity.
We do win on the ancient monument and history thing and I would say its a draw on the public transport.

Back
Top Bottom