Early buy in January or barrel scraping at the end

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will he buy early or late?

• Early

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • Late

Votes: 28 49.1%

• Total voters
I voted early. I think from a pure business perspective, Levy is smart enough to recognize that while you can’t clinch top four in January you can definitely sewer your chances. I guess I’m the eternal optimist, but it would be ridiculously daft to let games slip away because we haven’t got the players to field for 3/4 weeks.

Of course, this is the same guy who literally bought no one a few summers ago, so I’m setting myself up to be disappointed.

What are the odds for Cameron Carter Vickers, Marcus Edwards and Jota in January?
Edwards would be a sensation in Angeball. Would love him back.

Shame he’d cost too much, no doubt (and his body/mind aren’t strong enough for it, very likely).

I voted early. I think from a pure business perspective, Levy is smart enough to recognize that while you can’t clinch top four in January you can definitely sewer your chances. I guess I’m the eternal optimist, but it would be ridiculously daft to let games slip away because we haven’t got the players to field for 3/4 weeks.

Of course, this is the same guy who literally bought no one a few summers ago, so I’m setting myself up to be disappointed.
Yes best not to expect much at all.

I think most of it will happen within the first ten days. I think Ange and the new dudes from Villa will be pushing for things to be done quickly so that Ange can get the noobs on the training pitch early

I would always say late 100% but this year the need for another centre back is so fucking huge it just has to be done next week so like a mug I voted early…..although I expect to be very wrong!

Thank you, Fatty...brilliant ITK stuff from you again. You bring so much value to this great forum that is SC.

I will donate.

I’m now more convinced than ever that it’s just the mods posting on there under different names to drive traffic to the site and get the mugs to pay them. Nothing they come up with is original or if it is it’s always wrong.

We need a both option.

I’m pretty sure they will be looking to get 1 player in at least before the Utd game.

Reality is most clubs sell once they have either bought or got a deal 100% lined up so the end of the window will always be busier. That’s just a fact.

The players we need should have been identified by now and purchased quickly. This is not the Levy was though, he prefers a bottom of the barrel or not fit for purpose style of purchase.

Indeed, as the purchases of Rodrigo Bentancur, Dejan Kulusevski and Pedro Porro all do in fact appear to back-up you claim that; 'he [Levy] prefers a bottom of the barrel or not fit for purpose style of purchase' so, if anyone in the future tries to pull the ye olde 'their [You] forum output is just total and utter baseless bullshite', just point them to this post

Indeed, as the purchases of Rodrigo Bentancur, Dejan Kulusevski and Pedro Porro all do in fact appear to back-up you claim that; 'he [Levy] prefers a bottom of the barrel or not fit for purpose style of purchase' so, if anyone in the future tries to pull the ye olde 'their [You] forum output is just total and utter baseless bullshite', just point them to this post
There are a plethora of signings that have been a cheap option as well as an expensive option that have fallen flat on our faces, the 3 you have mentioned are decent signings but we could go down the Ndombele, Sessignon. Soldado, Wimmer ect route, but Im sure you get my drift

This blaming levy for everything should now stop. Yes in the past he has been a problem but he has now put a large team in place to handle recruitment. Levy will be involved in setting the budget but not who they buy and when.
Everyone knows that we want someone in early and the selling clubs will use that to blackmail us to pay more. Whilst Ange does put new players in earlier they still take time to get up to speed on our system.
We seem to be linked with a number of players and should we take the player that is best or the one that will be signed next week?
Difficult decisions for the recruitment team but whilst we all want someone in early blaming Levy if it does not happen is not likely to be accurate.

There are a plethora of signings that have been a cheap option as well as an expensive option that have fallen flat on our faces, the 3 you have mentioned are decent signings but we could go down the Ndombele, Sessignon. Soldado, Wimmer ect route, but Im sure you get my drift
You name any team in the Prem and I’ll show you a team that has bought a cheap option and an expensive option that’s fallen flat.

This blaming levy for everything should now stop.

Liam Neeson Good Luck GIF

Back
Top Bottom