Dressing Room Handbags

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everything that I could be said about POTL has been said. Guy is a cunt. However, thinking about the minimal chance this actually true here is an amazing passage from Martin Cloake's book Boys of White Hart Lane about team rows. Maxie says:

Wedded to the talent on the pitch was a powerful team spirit, and this owed much to the social scene Miller was in charge of. “Socially, win or loose, we’d booze” he chuckles. “We’d socialize massively, and no one enjoyed it better than us, no one enjoyed it better than me… That mean we were very close, that nothing was ever bottled up. Of course there were arguments. We were a very democratic squad—we had meetings every morning—an hour, two hours. We had terrible rows. We’d all care passionately, and there were a lot of strong individuals. When we signed Clem, who was the final piece in the jigsaw, he’d come from Liverpool where he’d been extremely successful and he certainly had an opinion. Myself and Stevie, we were massive, loud characters, very strong in the team. Then you had Glenn and Ossie with their philosophical thoughts, Crooksie and Archibald always, always had something to say. So you can imagine in a team meeting on a Monday morning, a debrief—it went on for ages. And you were shouting people down. Keith as well was very passionate and Peter Shreeve had to be a big peacemaker in those days. Once or twice blows were nearly exchanged. But that was good, because we cared, and then we’d get out on the training pitch and it was all forgotten about. I think men were men then."

Basically, who gives a fuck. Every team needs a row every so often.

Back
Top Bottom