Do we have top 5 attack/midfield in the world?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich have a much more set first 11, they have no obvious holes like we do (RWB & CB) and are further down their ‘’project’’ than us.

On paper we have a better attack then them but the balance of the Woolwich team is better and Woolwich have had no injuries during the start of the season. Kane/Kulusevski/Richarlison/Son is superior to Jesus/Oldegaard/Martinelli/Saka but not by a huge amount and our system is hurt by the likes of Emerson needing to play.

Modern football needs no weak links for the defence and attack to function collectively. If we had the Woolwich attack and gave Woolwich our attack, we would be worse and they would even be better marginally. Fix our CB’s and our RWB’s and you will not only improve our defence but also our attack.
Perfectly said- couldn’t agree more

I'm not going on "name" value:

Martinelli > Son (Only on current form)
Kane >>>>>>>>> Jesus
Kulu (higher ceiling IMO so he edges it for me) <> Saka
Richy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NKetiah

Ok. I'm taking Saka over Kulu so comes down to personal opinion, doesn't it?

I've long lobbied for an orthodox attacking centre midfield player to round out the squad. With my preference being Szoboszlai. For me adding a Szoboszlai to the CM and a Maddison to the forwards we make us a truly top attacking threat. Then it's about fixing the league one defence.

If by attack, you mean front 3, it is up there.

But with son playing how he is now, we can’t be in the discussion.

Richy Kane Kulu has yet to see too much time so can’t say that is top 5 yet.

Our depth is not top 5 material. We have a huge drop off after our top 4 forwards… and we don’t have a good backup winger besides maybe Perisic (Richy is a #9 to me).

If by attack, you mean front 3, it is up there.

But with son playing how he is now, we can’t be in the discussion.

Richy Kane Kulu has yet to see too much time so can’t say that is top 5 yet.

Our depth is not top 5 material. We have a huge drop off after our top 4 forwards… and we don’t have a good backup winger besides maybe Perisic (Richy is a #9 to me).

Richy is a perfectly viable back-up LW (see Everton) and Peri is too (he's been playing at a top level for years and isn't ready for the knackers yard just yet!). Gil still to blossom too.

RW is dodgy though.

Last edited:
Ok. I'm taking Saka over Kulu so comes down to personal opinion, doesn't it?
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

thats the most ridiculous thing ive ever read on here

I don't give a shit mate, you're clueless. You were banging on about how shit Saka was and how you don't get the hype in a game where he was the best player on the fucking pitch, FFS.
hes fucking toilet. lost the ball nearly every time he got it earlier. went over soft for their first goal, cant even hit the target from a great ball in from shaw. he offers nothing at the top level. yet you think hes better that kulusevski lol! fucking hilarious. if you think hes better than kulu i want you to think im clueless! thats a compliment from someone with that sort of brain

hes fucking toilet. lost the ball nearly every time he got it earlier. went over soft for their first goal, cant even hit the target from a great ball in from shaw. he offers nothing at the top level. yet you think hes better that kulusevski lol! fucking hilarious. if you think hes better than kulu i want you to think im clueless! thats a compliment from someone with that sort of brain

Offers nothing at the top level apart from 3 goals at the World Cup at 21, being MOTM in a quarter final against the French as well.

Not to mention more g/a than any Woolwich player this season (they're top if you hadn't noticed) and 18 g/a last season.

Some people just can't be helped.

Offers nothing at the top level apart from 3 goals at the World Cup at 21, being MOTM in a quarter final against the French as well.

Not to mention more g/a than any Woolwich player this season (they're top if you hadn't noticed) and 18 g/a last season.

Some people just can't be helped.
couple of deflected goals against the mighty iran? questionable as to whether they was on target. what did he do tonight in a proper game? puts us 1-0 down by being weak in a corner and misses a clear cut chance, yea fantastic. all good bits of play going forward tonight came when it went down fodens side.

motm tonight bollox was he. what did he do to deserve motm? gave away a goal and miss a clear cut? what else did he do?

couple of deflected goals against the mighty iran? questionable as to whether they was on target. what did he do tonight in a proper game? puts us 1-0 down by being weak in a corner and misses a clear cut chance, yea fantastic. all good bits of play going forward tonight came when it went down fodens side.

motm tonight bollox was he. what did he do to deserve motm? gave away a goal and miss a clear cut? what else did he do?

He was our best fucking player, won the penalty, drew numerous fouls and was generally by far our most dangerous player .. to anyone with fucking eyes.

My god .. did you even watch the game?

I didn't even 'vote' Saka (above or tonight), but you are talking utter bollocks.

Every time he got on the ball they shit themselves and fouled him.

He was our best fucking player, won the penalty, drew numerous fouls and was generally by far our most dangerous player .. to anyone with fucking eyes.

My god .. did you even watch the game?
got a penalty yea, best thing he done, 1 bit of good play ( shit defending more than anything), still dont make up for giving away the first goal and missing the target from a world class cross. other than that he was shit, easy for france to deal with. foden was our most dangerous player if you actually understand the game at all. any promising bits of play came from his side because hes a proper player. glad that useless little twat plays for the scum. long may it continue.

got a penalty yea, best thing he done, 1 bit of good play ( shit defending more than anything), still dont make up for giving away the first goal and missing the target from a world class cross. other than that he was shit, easy for france to deal with. foden was our most dangerous player if you actually understand the game at all. any promising bits of play came from his side because hes a proper player. glad that useless little twat plays for the scum. long may it continue.

Christ you're chatting such a tremendous amount of shit. Think Kulu is better all you want, he's a class act, but the amount of crap you're chatting about Saka is just so far from true that its impossible to take your opinions on him seriously.

Everyone with eyes & no bias could see how dangerous he was tonight, by far our biggest threat on the ball.

Christ you're chatting such a tremendous amount of shit. Think Kulu is better all you want, he's a class act, but the amount of crap you're chatting about Saka is just so far from true that its impossible to take your opinions on him seriously.

Everyone with eyes & no bias could see how dangerous he was tonight, by far our biggest threat on the ball.

But surely you must concede that Kulu is a better player than Saka?

But surely you must concede that Kulu is a better player than Saka?

Nope ... and I guarantee you that outside of Spurs fans that wouldn't be the popular opinion either. I'm perfectly happy with people saying Kulu is better (it's a fair opinion) and am totally aware that thinking Saka is better is NOT going to be popular on a Spurs forum, but won't pretend otherwise just out of fear of criticism.

I don't think there's much in it at all.

Back
Top Bottom