Do we have top 5 attack/midfield in the world?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Many of our attackers and midfielders have stood out at this World Cup… and after Kulu’s masterclass vs Motherwell today I’m starting to get carried away.

In attack Conte picks 3 out of: Rich, Son, Kane Kulu
In midfield it’s been 2 out of: Bentancur, Hojbjerg, Bissouma

Apart from Real and City, I’m not sure there are many clubs with a better midfield and attack.
Barcelona and Bayern’s attack are better on paper than on the pitch this season.

Lacks creativity. Kulu is great, Kane offers a bit but a real lack of options and when Kulu gets injured, as we've seen, we're really stodgy and reliant on set pieces. Dare i say someone like Maddison would complete it but even an Eze or Olise would be a huge improvement in depth with Moura/Gil leaving (the latter on loan hopefully)

Last edited:
Lacks creativity. Kulu is great, Kane offers a bit but a real lack of options and when Kulu gets injured, as we've seen, we're really stodgy and reliant on set pieces. Dare i say someone like Maddison would complete it but even an Eze or Olise would be a huge improvement in depth with Moura/Gil leaving (the latter on loan hopefully)
It is true we’re quite reliant on Kulu as no one else can replicate his creativity or perform at RW.

But many top teams would be massively affected by one injury. Benzema injured for Real, Haaland injured for City, Salah for Liverpool… they’re as big blows as us losing Kulu.

It is true we’re quite reliant on Kulu as no one else can replicate his creativity or perform at RW.

But many top teams would be massively affected by one injury. Benzema injured for Real, Haaland injured for City, Salah for Liverpool… they’re as big blows as us losing Kulu.
Those teams have goalscorers without their main men, in the same way i think we could probably now cope to a degree without Kane but we dont have any creativity without Kulu. He's our most important player now for that reason.

Those teams have goalscorers without their main men, in the same way i think we could probably now cope to a degree without Kane but we dont have any creativity without Kulu. He's our most important player now for that reason.

Kane is creative...... The problem with Kulu out is it puts too much emphasis on Kane being so bearing in mind his position. The real problem is that when we play an understudy to Kulu (who is naturally a step down like 99% of understudies in any team*) the MF aren't consistently able to help carry the surplus load.

(*Even City's creativity drops when KDB is out.)

Many of our attackers and midfielders have stood out at this World Cup… and after Kulu’s masterclass vs Motherwell today I’m starting to get carried away.

In attack Conte picks 3 out of: Rich, Son, Kane Kulu
In midfield it’s been 2 out of: Bentancur, Hojbjerg, Bissouma

Apart from Real and City, I’m not sure there are many clubs with a better midfield and attack.
Barcelona and Bayern’s attack are better on paper than on the pitch this season.
On paper? Yes. I reality I think these guys can't glue together as they all would thrive in different systems. Big + for Kulu for being the one that can add to most of tactics, but having Son on opposite wing isn't the most optimal for him.

Back
Top Bottom