Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shocking to hear about Dele, never want that to happen you yourself. My sister was burgled 18 months ago (while nobody was in thankfully) but even the thought of not being safe on your own home is horrible.

With all this talk of what should/can/you would do in this situation, I am reminded of Duncan Ferguson. He's got a record of 2 attempted burglaries at his houses whilst he was in, those are 2 failed attempts.
1st attempt, 1 suspect run away and the other was hospitalised for 3 days.
2nd attempt, the suspect tried to attack Ferguson when he was discovered. Ferguson then retaliated. The suspect was hospitalised.

Moral from this story is do it try to burgle Duncan Ferguson.

If I was on my own and someone broke into my drum I'd have a good go at them.
If I was with two other bods they would regret it.
Remember Duncan Ferguson smashing two tea leaves that broke into his.
Fight or flight ain't it

I don't know why some on here can't grasp that not everyone runs away at the first sign of trouble.

I am too old and well past my sell by date to make a stand these days but even ten years ago there is no way I would have melted.

It is well documented that some people's instinct is to run while others will stand. No criticism or judgement, just a fact.

Shocking to hear about Dele, never want that to happen you yourself. My sister was burgled 18 months ago (while nobody was in thankfully) but even the thought of not being safe on your own home is horrible.

With all this talk of what should/can/you would do in this situation, I am reminded of Duncan Ferguson. He's got a record of 2 attempted burglaries at his houses whilst he was in, those are 2 failed attempts.
1st attempt, 1 suspect run away and the other was hospitalised for 3 days.
2nd attempt, the suspect tried to attack Ferguson when he was discovered. Ferguson then retaliated. The suspect was hospitalised.

Moral from this story is do it try to burgle Duncan Ferguson.
For sure it is horrible to be a crime victim.
But if you lie down with dogs expect to get fleas.
Dele is a young boy. Maybe now he will be a bit more careful.
Maybe hire DF as a security guard?

I do not think you know whether you will fight or flight until you are in the position. I think it is an impulsive decision. Never been in the position but would hate anyone to knick anything of mine and hope I would resist but hope even more that I never find out.
I assume there is no question that some of the occupants should not have been there re lockdown.

I don't know why some on here can't grasp that not everyone runs away at the first sign of trouble.

I am too old and well past my sell by date to make a stand these days but even ten years ago there is no way I would have melted.

It is well documented that some people's instinct is to run while others will stand. No criticism or judgement, just a fact.
Agree with all of this mate. Slightly different though when it’s totally unexpected and some fucker is masked up and wielding a knife while you’re wandering round in your boxer shorts and sliders.
Id just leave the cunts to my dog and finish off what she started.
Would need to be very brave and very determined to get past the dog, the missus and her mother to get my meagre belongings.

You don't know how you're going to react until you're in any given situation, until you're actually in it.
I think it's the aftermath that is harder to live with. My home is my haven, and never more so than the current lockdown. If it was violated, I think I might have to move, as I would be jumping at every little noise. Couldn't care less about stuff (not that I have anything of any real value apart from sentimental), as it's all insured, but it's just the thought of someone invading my space. That's where the real damage is done.

Agree it doesn't help when you live your life on social media, and some people might think he's showing off. Still, that doesn't make it OK for someone to rob him at knifepoint.

Agree. Also, social media is a way for these footballers to build their brand, which should generate endorsements and other income generating opportunities.

I haven't read the rags yet, but from my mate at the telegraph. Dele and his brother/mate put up a fight, but these burglars are known to police and are very handy and it didn't end too well for the Alli's.

Its expected to be the Romanian gang that have been working the area. Very organised and very physical. Travel in groups of 4. 2 harass occupants, 2 get the stuff. They have been breaking into occupied homes during lock down, beating the occupants and leaving within 2 minutes. Police are often not called until they are gone. They typical ring the doorbell and then force their way in when the door is opened. Headline says knife point; but as I understand they don't carry knifes (longer sentence if caught) and from the sounds of it they don't need them.

For sure it is horrible to be a crime victim.
But if you lie down with dogs expect to get fleas.
Dele is a young boy. Maybe now he will be a bit more careful.

Maybe hire DF as a security guard?

So he was in some way asking for it?

....Seriously, what the fuck's the matter with you???

Seriously ignorant and devoid of compassion.

Last edited:
I haven't read the rags yet, but from my mate at the telegraph. Dele and his brother/mate put up a fight, but these burglars are known to police and are very handy and it didn't end too well for the Alli's.

Its expected to be the Romanian gang that have been working the area. Very organised and very physical. Travel in groups of 4. 2 harass occupants, 2 get the stuff. They have been breaking into occupied homes during lock down, beating the occupants and leaving within 2 minutes. Police are often not called until they are gone. They typical ring the doorbell and then force their way in when the door is opened. Headline says knife point; but as I understand they don't carry knifes (longer sentence if caught) and from the sounds of it they don't need them.

Dele sustained cuts from long Romanian finger nails then?

Back
Top Bottom