Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think people are misrepresenting an inconsistent season with a bad one.

He has no doubt been up and down. But he is super effective. Much like Kane, even if he's having an off day he has the ability to influence and does more often than not.

I think people are misrepresenting an inconsistent season with a bad one.

He has no doubt been up and down. But he is super effective. Much like Kane, even if he's having an off day he has the ability to influence and does more often than not.
8 goals and 10 assists in the league for a 21 year attacking midfield player is apparently a 'bad season'. Good grief, the English media have lost the plot. Football 'journalists' are the lowest of the low. Sometimes he gets lost in the game, but for Christ sake he is 21.

Edit: to put things into context Lingard, England's new saviour, has 8 goals and 4 assists this season.

Last edited:
8 goals and 10 assists in the league for a 21 year attacking midfield player is apparently a 'bad season'. Good grief, the English media have lost the plot. Football 'journalists' are the lowest of the low. Sometimes he gets lost in the game, but for Christ sake he is 21.

Edit: to put things into context Lingard, England's new saviour, has 8 goals and 4 assists this season.

Lingard probably didn’t become a first team regular until after his 21st birthday. Alli already has 100 PL appearances. How many does Lingard have at 25?

BYor2N3.png

credit: David Squires

I'm on the Dele bus, never got off it. I think what is important is that he has never bossed a game, he's not a dominant player and never has been. I think people focus on the goals far too much and see them as some kind of invincibility but when he was scoring loads he again was largely on the periphery of a game (I think that's too strong a word but can't think of an alternative). What Dele has always done is be a constant pain in the arse to the oppo, pressing and if he's not making late runs into the box, or making sprints to move the oppo around, then he's a one touch player, a player popping up allover the pitch setting up the play with flicks tricks all taken on the move and with one and two touch, basically very low percentage chances but when they come off it usually means we have broken the oppo lines and a chance has been created. What he is not and never has been is a Dembelle, Eriksen type player where the tempo of the game is controlled, he's part of the high-tempo that's set but he does't dictate the pace.

Now with Lingard I'd say that he is Utd's best player this season, well outfield player to be precise as de Gea is the best player overall, and this is why the hype machine is in full swing around him, fans and media alike still can't look objectively that a Utd best player isn't a World Class player these days, if Rashford wasn't at Utd then he will be a "good potentially exciting prospect" nothing more. The other thing that is crazy around the lingered hype machine is that so many people think he's Dele's age, he's fucking 25yrs old!!! Now I think he's a very good player and should be on the plane to Russia but he's not as good as Dele, end of.

Dele is also more versatile too, first season he played many of his early games playing very deep, 2nd season he played as almost a 2nd striker, this season he's played behind Kane and Son, hence his goals have dropped and assists have gone up.

Fuck, I've been banging on here but basic difference between the two is Lingard is Utd's best player, Dele isn't our best player but is better than Lingard.

Dele is so much better than Lingard, it’s strange to even contemplate a comparison.

I’m not even convinced Lingard is United’s best player as I’ve been strangely impressed by Ashley Young this season. Yes, I know. Ashley Young. Struggling to understand it myself.

Dele is so much better than Lingard, it’s strange to even contemplate a comparison.

I’m not even convinced Lingard is United’s best player as I’ve been strangely impressed by Ashley Young this season. Yes, I know. Ashley Young. Struggling to understand it myself.
De Gea is by far United's best player. They have quality players but De Gea is one step above

Agree with most Flav Flav 's comments, but not with Smiv whatever his name is, I can list 20 players that have a longer wrap sheet in the Pl over the same period of time as Dele, yet even our own supporters think he really bad! All he's done is rabbit punched Yacob got a red card and was caught on TV giving his team mate the middle finger, his dives you will see in every single game from players on both sides every single week, yet he thinks this means he's some kind of nutter and he actually says he hates him! Fuck me, what a pussy.

Been rewatching his first Chelsea goal. I would have loved to have seen a picture of him in the corner with his arms out in front of the Chelsea supporters. Would have been a hangable picture.

Back
Top Bottom