Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah just wondering why in that case you feel Dele should snub Southgate then
1. Being first choice and now suddenly benched.
2. Lallana ahead of him, I can't remember if Lallana has played for liverpool this season?!
3. Dele would think he is on par with Lingard and Rushford if not better and now been told he is behind so many players in the picking order.
4. We all know Dele is not having his best season at Spurs but we also know he does come with crucial goals and assists. Poch never doubted him this season.
5. Dele, IMO is ambitious and wants to be in the starting XI in Russia and not a squad player.

1. Being first choice and now suddenly benched.
2. Lallana ahead of him, I can't remember if Lallana has played for liverpool this season?!
3. Dele would think he is on par with Lingard and Rushford if not better and now been told he is behind so many players in the picking order.
4. We all know Dele is not having his best season at Spurs but we also know he does come with crucial goals and assists. Poch never doubted him this season.
5. Dele, IMO is ambitious and wants to be in the starting XI in Russia and not a squad player.
Yeah and how will boycotting England help

Has Southgate actually said Dele has fallen down the pecking order? Or are we just basing it on the fact that he didn't start the last 2 friendlies? If that is the case are we also assuming that Trippier, Tarkowski, Gomez, Young, Oxlade and Vardy are all shoe-ins to start at the world cup? As they did start games in this international break.

Maybe Butland and Pickford will both start in goal.

Has Southgate actually said Dele has fallen down the pecking order? Or are we just basing it on the fact that he didn't start the last 2 friendlies? If that is the case are we also assuming that Trippier, Tarkowski, Gomez, Young, Oxlade and Vardy are all shoe-ins to start at the world cup? As they did start games in this international break.

Maybe Southgate, as mentioned earlier, is trying to gee him up a bit, as he knows how good he is.
This could be a BIG plus for us as Dele will be going all guns blazing in our run in.
Even if it does piss Dele off, he will want to prove Southgate wrong.

Yes he has said. Do more research.

Batland and Pickford both in goal is too defensive minded against fifa article 1 section b take the piss sub paragraph ii.

Maybe Southgate, as mentioned earlier, is trying to gee him up a bit, as he knows how good he is.
This could be a BIG plus for us as Dele will be going all guns blazing in our run in.
Even if it does piss Dele off, he will want to prove Southgate wrong.

Very possible. And maybe as Southgate said, Dele had a slight knock and was not able to train fully that week hence he did not see any point in risking further injury.

Yes he has said. Do more research.

Batland and Pickford both in goal is too defensive minded against fifa article 1 section b take the piss sub paragraph ii.

“I have a problem because I have Marcus Rashford, Jesse Lingard, Raheem Sterling, Harry Kane, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Jamie Vardy so there is a huge choice,” Southgate said. “I don’t foresee a scenario where any of those players don’t come to Russia but I have to make those decisions. There is no reason he [Alli] will not come and he can make a huge impact there. He has the ability and I am looking forward to seeing him over the next few weeks.”

What part of this quote says one player is ahead of another?

“I have a problem because I have Marcus Rashford, Jesse Lingard, Raheem Sterling, Harry Kane, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Jamie Vardy so there is a huge choice,” Southgate said. “I don’t foresee a scenario where any of those players don’t come to Russia but I have to make those decisions. There is no reason he [Alli] will not come and he can make a huge impact there. He has the ability and I am looking forward to seeing him over the next few weeks.”

He mentioned other players though.....so Dele should retire from international duty

I concluded from his statements, he has been indirect. He wants to see him over the next few weeks implied he has doubts of his ability or if he is better than the names he mentioned.
Dele played last 10 mins against Holland means he was fit, he wasn’t used against Italy. England player will not be on the bench for a friendly if unfit or injured and would be sent straight back to his club.

Last edited:
DZcCTOUXcAEoxuz

Fuck England off Dele, you’re a Tottenham Hotspur player.

Tg
DZcCTOUXcAEoxuz

The guy is a very good player, imo miles better than lingard and rashford or ox, lallana hardly kicked a ball the whole season.
Mr Gareth Southgate suddenly does this to him, what do you expect from a 21 yo ambitious footballer?! He is been insulted.

DZcCTOUXcAEoxuz

This is pure clickbait from The Times, it's not even credited with an author and Southgate said no such things about Dele.
*Also, despite Dele saying he only wants to be offered to as Dele, it's on the back of his shirt, why does the media ignore this request and refer to him as Ali?

I concluded from his statements, he has been indirect. He wants to see him over the next few weeks implied he has doubts of his ability or if he is better than the names he mentioned.
Dele played last 10 mins against Holland means he was fit, he wasn’t used against Italy. England player will not be on the bench for a friendly if unfit or injured and would be sent straight back to his club.

Assumptions, assumptions and more assumptions.

Or Living in denial

I'm not going to get in an argument over it.

My opinion - fans, media and Southgate would be foolish to write of Dele. He's our best number 10 and has proved it over 3 seasons, not just a purple patch. My prediction is he will end the season well and start in the summer.

Or Living in denial
Beats living in cloud cuckoo land inventing scenarios seeing ghosts where none exist. Kane wasn't picked, has he been humiliated or dumped down the pecking order behind lingard and Hardy?
How about Southgate has such faith in him that he doesn't need to see him play?
Him and Harry are such a well matched pair - so maybe without him available it was more important to see how the second stringers could meld?

Back
Top Bottom