Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ive said it before about Alli, he needs to play on instinct. The talent is there he just needs to let it happen. His first goal he reacted to the moment, he wouldn't be able to tell you why it happened. The second was pure determination. Hes over all game is football clever. When he is showboating, trying to be clever to entertain, he loses the plot for me. its not about keeping it simple, its doing whats right. Still young and learning, it would be a travesty if he is not in the England 11.

It’s no coincidence that since Kane got injured he has played which much more freedom up top and the runs into the box have returned.
Looks so much more like he did last season in the Bournemouth and Chelsea games.

For me that’s his strength....we’ve had suggestions to play him deeper which for me is utter nonsense. He is an AM and the comforting thing is that Poch being the best manager in the PL, I trust him to allow Dele to return to his role, and take off the restraints even when Kane is back starting.

It’s no coincidence that since Kane got injured he has played which much more freedom up top and the runs into the box have returned.
Looks so much more like he did last season in the Bournemouth and Chelsea games.

For me that’s his strength....we’ve had suggestions to play him deeper which for me is utter nonsense. He is an AM and the comforting thing is that Poch being the best manager in the PL, I trust him to allow Dele to return to his role, and take off the restraints even when Kane is back starting.
So now you’re trying to spin that the only reason Dele had a good game is because Kane didn’t play?

So now you’re trying to spin that the only reason Dele had a good game is because Kane didn’t play?

Am I?

Weird because in the other post you just quoted me, I clearly said he's been fine since Christmas and played to yesterdays level about times all season. So clearly not since the Bournemouth game.

Agree..
We mustn't overlook the fact that playing in different positions has developed his game further. Against Chelsea he showed what is possible when given some freedom and playing without Kane. I do feel he expresses himself better when presented with this freedom rather than a deeper role that becomes a little laborious and non expressive for him. Saying that, he gives 100% every time for me and when it comes off, we saw it yesterday-pure quality and getting better.

I do think that he was much better when he and Son stayed the hell away from one another. When Son was on the right and Dele on the left, he wasn’t running into little cul de sacs and had the opportunity to see more of the play and more space. Guys on MOTD pointed this out also.
When Kane is playing, he tends to drop close to those spaces, bunching us up a bit. He should have the freedom to do that obviously as he is such a threat around the box, but i have seen it stifle Dele and Eriksen especially now and again.

Agree..
We mustn't overlook the fact that playing in different positions has developed his game further. Against Chelsea he showed what is possible when given some freedom and playing without Kane. I do feel he expresses himself better when presented with this freedom rather than a deeper role that becomes a little laborious and non expressive for him. Saying that, he gives 100% every time for me and when it comes off, we saw it yesterday-pure quality and getting better.

Dele playing with a smile is a much better beast, and he clearly doesnt handle being stifled in his role.
And why should he......imagine trying to tell Gazza not to go into the box.....pointless really.

Kanes injury has had some pretty big benefits looking back, not least of all the one man team bullshit being burned alive at the stake

I do think that he was much better when he and Son stayed the hell away from one another. When Son was on the right and Dele on the left, he wasn’t running into little cul de sacs and had the opportunity to see more of the play and more space. Guys on MOTD pointed this out also.
When Kane is playing, he tends to drop close to those spaces, bunching us up a bit. He should have the freedom to do that obviously as he is such a threat around the box, but i have seen it stifle Dele and Eriksen especially now and again.

I think anyone with a brain can see it, but hey, if you can disagree to start an internet fight, why not go for it!

loved it when Dele gave his shirt to that kid,
wish more of the players would do that at the end of the game
loved Eric the Viking, cos he throw his gloves into the crowd after every game
Gomes always used to give a pair of gloves, or two, to kids after the warm up.

Got nothing but admiration for this brave yid!

VKKjhs2.jpg
To be fair, there are a few smiling faces in that crowd. I think it's natural to appreciate and admire someone who obviously does not give a flying fuck what you think and is willing to tell you so, it's only human....mind you, these are Chelsea fans who are sub human scum, hence the very small number of smiles.

The trouble is the media pundits are not Spurs orientated.
Man U, Liverpool, Woolwich .
If he played for Liverpool or Man U it would be different.
They have a habit of building players up to bring them down.
They have smeared his name so much, calling him a diver, that he gets booed at Bournemouth and Swansea when he’s done fuck all.
Yet Calvert Lewin is worse. So are many others. Welbeck, where’s the hate from the Media there? What’s this cunt ever done? He’s shit. He dives. Yet nobody questions his England’s credentials.
It was the same with Bale. Is Bale called a diver now?
Personally I don’t give a fuck if he doesn’t play for England. Dele does of course.
Let the gooner media convince everyone that Wilshere is the answer to England’s problems. A bloke who’s record for goals, big chances created and assists in the PL is dwarfed by Eriksen over same number of games and bettered by Dele, in less games.
Deles form is better than any of the England midfielders, except Sterling.

I’d rather have Dele, Dier, Kane, Rose and Trippier at home whilst they crucify Wilshere and Co for playing shit in Russia.
That’s what going to happen

But surely you now see that there is a difference in the role he has been playing. Take out the subjectivity on whether you think he's better or not this season, he's clearly been asked to play a different role this year.

Am I?

Weird because in the other post you just quoted me, I clearly said he's been fine since Christmas and played to yesterdays level about times all season. So clearly not since the Bournemouth game.
Actually he said in his interview that he needs to learn how to play accross the front line.
He said Pochettino has been working on it.
He always plays on the left and naturally, for reasons he didn’t want to elaborate on, gravitates to that side.
Yesterday he started on the right, Eriksen more to the left.
Maybe a reason we didn’t do much first half , getting too narrow crowded and the right flank was sometimes wide open. Dele getting drawn to the left. Yet it got us a goal.
Second half back to the left for Dele and Eriksen dropped deep.
He then scored that goal running in from the left.

Last edited:
Actually this was a tactic they used yesterday on our players. Not one booking or foul given.
The media has done such a good job he got booed for going down here. Mariner just looks on uninterested.

But surely you now see that there is a difference in the role he has been playing. Take out the subjectivity on whether you think he's better or not this season, he's clearly been asked to play a different role this year.

Yeah you've been correct about that long before I was, but I still tried to differentiate between a change of role and change of application.

Dele has had some great performances in his newer role, but they have been way too few, despite great stats.
And thats all Ive been saying the whole time.

Ive said since December that he's improved, even though he was scoring more in the autumn.
I prefer him further forward doing what he does best, and thats not just scoring.

No one mentioned his role in Eriksens goal after Diers cross went wayward. Just watch the positioning, effort, desire and bollocks to keep that ball in play. We didnt see that in September, regardless of his role.

He has improved and deserves massive credit.....but people who dont accept he was ever below par have no right praising his improvement. You cant get back to form if you were always in form.

Watch These two amongst the other crosses armed as the second goes in.
Noticenthe. Like behind beany hat man.

When the third goes in the same two are offering out the spurs fans. Baldy goes apeshit and is so small he dissapears , whilst notice the Chelsea fan behind beany hat man is massaging his mates shoulders ( there there old chum) in front.
Wankers.

PYMUaT.gif

Last edited:
Well I think that has ruined Dele's chances of ever being accepted by Chelsea fans if they come calling. In fact would any of the top English clubs dare upset their fans by putting in an offer. Only a handful of foreign teams can afford him and that makes it more likely he will stay a bit longer.

Am I?

Watching you squirm and back-track on your bullshit today has been pitiful to be honest. For someone whose entire forum existence is about point-scoring and bringing up random shit from years back just to prove you’re right I find it laughable you’ve now gone and changed your own tune about Dele 180 degrees.

You’ve gone from Dele has been shit all season to Dele has actually been great since Christmas

You’ve gone from wanting to bench him yesterday for Moura to suggesting his new role has actually
transformed him since Kane has been suffocating him all along

You’ve gone from Lingard is better to Lingard is having a better season to Lingard’s goals don’t actually matter that much to Dele is actually a much better creator in the final third

Even yesterday you were posting links to some bullshit articles by Hoddle about Dele’s form trying to prove yet again he’s been poor.

Remarkably, after the final whistle you’ve now made a complete U turn claiming Dele has been great all along and it was all Poch’s fault for playing him in the wrong position even though this very same position gave him a much better season last year (according to you).

Nothing you claim about Dele oh here carries any credibility anymore. You’re a pitiful, bitter little man who’s had a hateful, baseless agenda against him all season to bench him and even claimed he won’t be a massive loss if sold. So fuck right off with your fake praise and plaudits until the next time you’ll slate him for not scoring a hat-trick every game. Dele actually mentioned fans exactl like you in that interview yesterday. As I sad pitiful

Watching you squirm and back-track on your bullshit today has been pitiful to be honest. For someone whose entire forum existence is about point-scoring and bringing up random shit from years back just to prove you’re right I find it laughable you’ve now gone and changed your own tune about Dele 180 degrees.

You’ve gone from Dele has been shit all season to Dele has actually been great since Christmas

You’ve gone from wanting to bench him yesterday for Moura to suggesting his new role has actually
transformed him since Kane has been suffocating him all along

You’ve gone from Lingard is better to Lingard is having a better season to Lingard’s goals don’t actually matter that much to Dele is actually a much better creator in the final third

Even yesterday you were posting links to some bullshit articles by Hoddle about Dele’s form trying to prove yet again he’s been poor.

Remarkably, after the final whistle you’ve now made a complete U turn claiming Dele has been great all along and it was all Poch’s fault for playing him in the wrong position even though this very same position gave him a much better season last year (according to you).

Nothing you claim about Dele oh here carries any credibility anymore. You’re a pitiful, bitter little man who’s had a hateful, baseless agenda against him all season to bench him and even claimed he won’t be a massive loss if sold. So fuck right off with your fake praise and plaudits until the next time you’ll slate him for not scoring a hat-trick every game. Dele actually mentioned fans exactl like you in that interview yesterday. As I sad pitiful

ok

Back
Top Bottom