Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No player is finished at 24
hmmmmmmm...
iu

Has Dele ever been on a speed/lower body strength program? His legs are so skinny and it looks like everything he does is in slow motion. If his overall game was 25% faster he'd be one of the best players in the world

Has Dele ever been on a speed/lower body strength program? His legs are so skinny and it looks like everything he does is in slow motion. If his overall game was 25% faster he'd be one of the best players in the world

He is lanky, so he looks slow. The last few times I have seen him sprinting alongside a fast player (Moura, Sonny), he doesn’t look slow.

Dele will not even make the England squad anymore. There are far better options .
Everybody has a sell date and occasionally you have to be ruthless , no more fuckups such as Eriksson/Rose. His value is dropping and realistically he won't make more than £30 million.
Good luck to him and he's clothing line.
Dudes the sun don't always shine .

Dele will not even make the England squad anymore. There are far better options .
Everybody has a sell date and occasionally you have to be ruthless , no more fuckups such as Eriksson/Rose. His value is dropping and realistically he won't make more than £30 million.
Good luck to him and he's clothing line.
Dudes the sun don't always shine .
Agreed Grealish looks the far superior player at the moment.
Southgate would be a moron to pick Dele over him.

I think Dele's been enjoying himself too much....
One thing the modern footballer CAN'T get away with, is enjoying the fruits of his Labour!

Greaves, Best and Gazza must be PISSING themselves!

This is probably a fair enough assessment of what is probably a fair enough condition because when we were having success his kudos were in disproportion to his actual contribution. So let's call it evens?

And while you're there ask yourself why they stick lightening rods above and/or away from structures. When you get there then you'll realize Dele's not a victim. What he is is a very imperfect footballer playing below his supporter-perceived level. He's not playing below the level I expect of him. :allitongue:

We have no strikers! Our top 2 goal scorers are injured. So it makes no sense whatsoever to not play the person who is our 3rd highest goalscorer this season. I am sick of reading continual posts running him down. There is no option at present. He missed many opportunities against Villa but at least he got into a position to have a shot. Time to lay off him until we have options which we do not at present. At times I think I have strayed onto a rival Forum.

Tottenham Hotspur Top Scorers
  1. Harry Kane

131 per goal
    2230 played
    17Goals scored
    2 Assists
    Shots on target
    Total

53%
  2. Son Heung-Min

151 per goal
    2413 played
    16Goals scored
    8 Assists
    Shots on target
    Total

58%
  3. Dele Alli

250 per goal
    2002 played
    8Goals scored
    4 Assists
    Shots on target
    Total

59%
  4. Lucas Moura

300 per goal
    2100 played
    7Goals scored
    3 Assists
    Shots on target
    Total

44%
  5. Erik Lamela

282 per goal
    1128 played
    4Goals scored
    4 Assists
    Shots on target
    Total

58%
  6. Christian Eriksen

462 per goal
    1385 played
    3Goals scored
    3 Assists
    Shots on target
    Total

64%
  7. Giovani Lo Celso

233 per goal
    466 played
    2Goals scored
    0 Assists
    Shots on target
    Total

44%
  8. Tanguy Ndombele

411 per goal
    821 played
    2Goals scored
    2 Assists
    Shots on target
    Total

67%
  9. Moussa Sissoko

845 per goal
    1690 played
    2Goals scored
    1 Assists
    Shots on target
    Total

30%
  10. Toby Alderweireld

2250 per goal
    2250 played
    1Goals scored
    2 Assists
    Shots on target
    Total

29%
  11. Serge Aurier

360 per goal
    360 played
    1Goals scored
    2 Assists
    Shots on target
    Total

100%
  12. Steven Bergwijn

159 per goal
    159 played
    1Goals scored
    0 Assists
    Shots on target
    Total

100%
  13. Ryan Sessegnon

105 per goal
    105 played
    1Goals scored
    1 Assists
    Shots on target
    Total

100%
  14. Jan Vertonghen

1365 per goal
    1365 played
    1Goals scored
    1 Assists
    Shots on target
    Total

67%
Can’t agree enough with this.

We don’t have any other choice! He’s not as sharp as he was in front of goal as he was a few years ago but at least he’s getting into the right positions.

Why is so strange people expect more from the players labeled as world class, or the best in the PL at this and best young player at that etc etc etc.......

People can slate Dier and Aurier and Davies but they aren’t supposed to be game changers.
You don’t look to them for inspiration when dead on your feet.

So of course Dele will get stick, because he’s not delivering.
It’s not rocket science. If your best players play shit, then guess what......we will be shit.

Why is so strange people expect more from the players labeled as world class, or the best in the PL at this and best young player at that etc etc etc.......

People can slate Dier and Aurier and Davies but they aren’t supposed to be game changers.

It’s not rocket science. If your best players play shit, then guess what......we will be shit.
Why don't you stop being so mean to Dele, Sammy? He's searching for confidence. And he just wants to be loved is that so wrong? You and Mourinho are going to be the death of this kid's career with us. Is that what you want you mean prick?

Dele Alli still looking for his role within José Mourinho's Tottenham | Jonathan Liew

edit: btw I predict a stormer from him tomorrow just to shut you up. take it to he bank

Why don't you stop being so mean to Dele, Sammy? He's searching for confidence. And he just wants to be loved is that so wrong? You and Mourinho are going to be the death of this kid's career with us. Is that what you want you mean prick?

Dele Alli still looking for his role within José Mourinho's Tottenham | Jonathan Liew

edit: btw I predict a stormer from him tomorrow just to shut you up. take it to he bank

I agree. Jose is a shrewd guy. Pissing Dele off is one way to get the best out of him. As long as he doesn't get carded too early, he'll cause a lot of trouble for them.

This is probably a fair enough assessment of what is probably a fair enough condition because when we were having success his kudos were in disproportion to his actual contribution. So let's call it evens?

And while you're there ask yourself why they stick lightening rods above and/or away from structures. When you get there then you'll realize Dele's not a victim. What he is is a very imperfect footballer playing below his supporter-perceived level. He's not playing below the level I expect of him. :allitongue:
When you play as a striker in a team that is set-up in a mid to a deep block and have 30 something percent possession and are being pressed heavily by the opposition and your only tatic to by-pass that press is hoofing the ball aimlessly upfront for two men to chase the ball like a dog does chasing a stick. And then not have those runs supported by the midfield, so in the rare event when Dele or Lucas could actually catch up to the stick they were left with little to no options available for them.

To then publicly criticise the player that did more stick chasing that the other dog, then Jose has to be sure that his public criticism is the right thing to do. I do not know the mind of Dele. Based on what has been written and said about him from previous managers is that he's a very bright lad, a person that can get bored easily and needs to be stimulated mentally. Previous managers have also been however unrelenting in their public priase, affection and support, which may suggest that he's also the type that needs that.

So, this might be the right approach, time will give us the answer. I've seen Dele suck in the negativity shown by rival fans towards him and use that to fuel his game in the past, the more they booed the more he performed. Maybe this is what Jose is trying to do here.

But I do find any level of criticism targeted towards him after the Leipzig game utterly bizarre, maybe this is how the manager deflects the criticism away from himself, following the pathetic and cowardly way he set up his team to play in the first place. It's never his fault, we all know this by now.

Dele isn't a young ibrahimovic who would carry the team on his shoulders.. Dele is someone who thrives in a team that is strong with its basics like how we were 2 years ago.

strong defence..reliable midfield = Dele creating and finishing chances. If he moves to Liverpool then he will score and assist 20+ goals a season..its stupid to sell Dele as a part of any rebuild, defeats the purpose.

Plus if he can win headers and not duck for a high ball
Too many ifs

Dele will not even make the England squad anymore
What do you mean ‘not even’? The English national team is hardly Stoke. You need to move below the Arctic circle and thaw your silly head out. You’ve been shooting Caribou for too long mister - they don’t shoot back - or talk absolute bollocks.

They moo a bit, but then so do you. Anyway, I’m fairly certain you live in Stoke Newington. All this ‘my daddy’ stuff is really weary - you’re a poseur.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom