Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I felt he had a ok game, yes he missed a few chances but didn't play that bad
I feel when he plays bad he starts doing those flicks and heel flicks that don't come off

He’s low on confidence that’s all - quality is still there and he’ll come
back to prove all haters wrong
The problem is that I’ve been hearing this since the autumn of 2017.
I guess there as been some progress because at least now even his biggest backers aren’t denying he’s been shite anymore.
Apart from Kingdawson at least.

I could probably pick 5 outstanding performances since then and we are now talking 2.5 years. Plus a shambolic World Cup.

It’s not even like his average performance has been good, we are talking poor, poor play here.
His numbers have kept him afloat, but without them, would you hand in heart say that he’s been playing well?

You can play well and not score, or play crap and pop up with a goal or assist.
The latter is Dele for over two seasons.

Not good enough anymore and it’s beyond obvious

Totally disagree.

He is absolutely going to play a part in Mourinho's squads and probably team for the time he is here.

I agreed with you when you said he had lost something. He had and he is still not quite the biting mercurial player of before.

But he does things and takes up positions no other player can do

He missed 5 chances at least but if he were not getting the chances or if he looked completely unfit I would worry more.

He is crucial to any chance of success for Mourinho and us.

The problem is that I’ve been hearing this since the autumn of 2017.
I guess there as been some progress because at least now even his biggest backers aren’t denying he’s been shite anymore.
Apart from Kingdawson at least.

I could probably pick 5 outstanding performances since then and we are now talking 2.5 years. Plus a shambolic World Cup.

It’s not even like his average performance has been good, we are talking poor, poor play here.
His numbers have kept him afloat, but without them, would you hand in heart say that he’s been playing well?

You can play well and not score, or play crap and pop up with a goal or assist.
The latter is Dele for over two seasons.
I still believe there's a quality player in there and he will come right- will back him as long as he wears the shirt

I think people forget he carried an injury from the World Cup.
He is still an important part of the squad but needs to be played in his strongest position to get the best out of him.
Still needs to grow up a bit though with regards to his off-the-field shenanigans.
I'm not giving up on him yet.

If he had scored a few of his chances yesterday, he'd have been praised endlessly.

He missed and gets blasted for it - football, a game of fine margins.

His movement yesterday was brilliant and reminiscent of Dele of old. Here's hoping he keeps that up as we KNOW he can score goals. He scored 32 in his first two seasons for us.

Seems to always want to take an extra touch. There were a couple of chances yesterday where had he got his shot he probably would of scored. Probably a confidence problem because he knows everyone is desperate to stick the knife in at any point he makes a slight mistake.

Back
Top Bottom