Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think this spells out why you and I are in disagreement. I am against racism when it's loud and clear. But, you believe Rudiger was indeed racially abused, which is why you believe I'm doing a 180 when I called him out for his theatrics. You believe that I'm ignoring the "racial abuse" of Rudiger. Which is why in your mind, I am doing a 180.

So you’re against racism when it’s “loud and clear”, so then presumably you’re not against it when it’s more subtle? Seems and interesting position to take, which I’ll come to in my final point.

As I said, I never once said Rudiger was racially abused by anyone in the stadium, but you seem to want to put that on me as it fits your narrative. (I do appreciate though that you may not have gone back to read the thread.)

And this is because I actually accused you of:

“What you are showing is 'Conformation Bias' because you looking for any opinion (or in this case lack of option) that proves no racism occurred yesterday, because that's your pre-existing view of the events. You're not being open minded enough to accept it could happen.”

To be fair we all have some bias to one degree or another, not just on race, it’s inbuilt and it’s up to us to understand it or not.

In reality though, that language you used in that thread was pretty poor, I personally don’t think anyone who frequently uses the term ‘race card’, in a derogatory sense, or calls someone who claimed to be racially abused “a lying sack of shit” should be lecturing others on what is and what isn’t racism.

So to the final point, in a sense it’s good that you’re only against racism when it’s loud and clear, otherwise you might not like looking in the mirror.

P.S Sorry I hijacked this thread, I’m done though.

But that’s exactly the point, it’s just a descriptor and always has been. Somebody should explain to the Mandarin Oriental group that they sit of a throne of racism. Or maybe try Westaplaining to one of the countless “Oriental XYZ” restaurants across the globe that they are being self hating. It’s a nonsense.

If anything it’s out of date but nothing more. Anyone who thinks it’s a racist word has zero understanding of its etymology.
This is the boring bit where I point out the Mandarin Oriental is I believe, Singapore registered and own by European business (worse still the chair is somehow hooked up with the Woolwich so doubles evil) and is actually an example of the "exoticised" Orientalism that makes the word problematic for some. Language has history as we reinterpreted history, feelings change. It happens whether we like it go along or not. Plus Woolwich so fuck em.

Last edited:
So you’re against racism when it’s “loud and clear”, so then presumably you’re not against it when it’s more subtle? Seems and interesting position to take, which I’ll come to in my final point.

I'm against racism when it's loud and clear, when I see someone racially abusing someone on video, when I see hundreds of Bulgarian supporters racially abuse our England players. Fundamentally, we're different because, again, you try to make it black and white by making racism either loud and clear OR "subtle" for the sake of your argument. Instead of subtle, it's non-existent. Something you can't come to accept regarding the Rudiger incident. Since there's 0 evidence, you try to pass it off as though Tottenham supporters racially abused Rudiger "subtly".

As I said, I never once said Rudiger was racially abused by anyone in the stadium, but you seem to want to put that on me as it fits your narrative. (I do appreciate though that you may not have gone back to read the thread.)
Of course you haven't. You'd look like a fool to claim he was when there's 0 evidence even to this day. But there's enough in your language to indicate you truly believe it happened, and you've probably been praying for evidence to come out that would support his allegations and then you can feel vindicated.

And this is because I actually accused you of:

“What you are showing is 'Conformation Bias' because you looking for any opinion (or in this case lack of option) that proves no racism occurred yesterday, because that's your pre-existing view of the events. You're not being open minded enough to accept it could happen.”
I've never heard of Conformation Bias before. I think the term you are looking for is Confirmation Bias. "Racism occurred yesterday". Are you referring again to Rudiger? The club has cooperated with the police and experts in lip reading and have released plenty of information to indicate there was no form of racism. You should take our club's word for it and just let it go at this point.

To be fair we all have some bias to one degree or another, not just on race, it’s inbuilt and it’s up to us to understand it or not.
Good to know.

In reality though, that language you used in that thread was pretty poor, I personally don’t think anyone who frequently uses the term ‘race card’, in a derogatory sense, or calls someone who claimed to be racially abused “a lying sack of shit” should be lecturing others on what is and what isn’t racism.
Odd, since you told me you agreed with a lot of what I said regarding racism. I guess that all now goes down the toilet though, because I said some bad words? What fallacy is that?

Last edited:
I'm against racism when it's loud and clear, when I see someone racially abusing someone on video, when I see hundreds of Bulgarian supporters racially abuse our England players. Fundamentally, we're different because, again, you try to make it black and white by making racism either loud and clear OR "subtle" for the sake of your argument. Instead of subtle, it's non-existent. Something you can't come to accept regarding the Rudiger incident. Since there's 0 evidence, you try to pass it off as though Tottenham supporters racially abused Rudiger "subtly".

Of course you haven't. You'd look like a fool to claim he was when there's 0 evidence even to this day. But there's enough in your language to indicate you truly believe it happened, and you've probably been praying for evidence to come out that would support his allegations and then you can feel vindicated.

I've never heard of Conformation Bias before. I think the term you are looking for is Confirmation Bias. "Racism occurred yesterday". Are you referring again to Rudiger? The club has cooperated with the police and experts in lip reading and have released plenty of information to indicate there was no form of racism. You should take our club's word for it and just let it go at this point.

Good to know.

Odd, since you told me you agreed with a lot of what I said regarding racism. I guess that all now goes down the toilet though, because I said some bad words? What fallacy is that?

Honesty dude, if you're just gonna make stuff up to satisfy yourself and live in a fantasy, have at it...

Tottenham Hotspur manager Jose Mourinho has confirmed he has spoken privately with Dele Alli about his Snapchat post earlier in the week saying he was very sorry about his mistake.

"It was an easy conversation because he was sorry about the mistake but it was never his intention to hurt, offend. He immediately regretted it, recognised it was a young guy mistake, a young generation mistake. I can say that he regrets and that for me is the best feeling he can show and to apologise is remarkable because sometimes these people don't realise they make mistakes."

Incredible movement today.

However, awful awful finishing.

Perhaps on another day he gets a goal or two, certainly wasn't his day.

Dele lost four big chances today. Played well in the first half, though, with good combinations with the other attacking players and excellent work rate in his movements - not only attacking, but pressing and tracking back. But played badly in the second half,and after his fourth big mistake in front of the goal deserved to be substituted.

Back
Top Bottom