Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not playing crap
You've responded like this because you know where i am going with this. It's a shame certain posters like yourself are not interested in debating instead choosing to derail threads with 'point scoring' arguments and insults. You seriously wonder why you continuously get binned on here, amazing.

You've responded like this because you know where i am going with this. It's a shame certain posters like yourself are not interested in debating instead choosing to derail threads with 'point scoring' arguments and insults. You seriously wonder why you continuously get binned on here, amazing.
It’s a serious answer that was on the level of the question.
I have no other answer.
Playing well is playing well. You want a definition?
Then you don’t understand football.
You want me to wank one off over a stat bomb you got the wrong fella

The issue is the modern desire to make 'opinions' important. The fact is Stephen Hawkins opinion was no more or less valid than Fred Flintstone's everyone has the right to an opinion, if you choose to favour one person's opinion over another that's your bias, would Hawkins opinion on how to operate foot-powered cars really be better than Fred's?

Where the 'fail' kicks in, and you see it everywhere within the 'woke' society, is where mob opinion starts to override facts and logic .... not everything is down to race, sexism and homophobia in fact these things hardly impact most people at all, when were you actually impacted by them in real life, not on social media?

The same applies to football, in this case Dele, everyone rightly has an opinion ... but if you can put that side and look at the evidence Dele this season is still one of the best contributors in the EPL (rated 42 from 283 by OPTA) simply facts over opinions.

Is Dele as effective as last year, probably not but he's still a class act, at least that's what all the numbers tell us.

The issue is the modern desire to make 'opinions' important. The fact is Stephen Hawkins opinion was no more or less valid than Fred Flintstone's everyone has the right to an opinion, if you choose to favour one person's opinion over another that's your bias, would Hawkins opinion on how to operate foot-powered cars really be better than Fred's?

Where the 'fail' kicks in, and you see it everywhere within the 'woke' society, is where mob opinion starts to override facts and logic .... not everything is down to race, sexism and homophobia in fact these things hardly impact most people at all, when were you actually impacted by them in real life, not on social media?

The same applies to football, in this case Dele, everyone rightly has an opinion ... but if you can put that side and look at the evidence Dele this season is still one of the best contributors in the EPL (rated 42 from 283 by OPTA) simply facts over opinions.

Is Dele as effective as last year, probably not but he's still a class act, at least that's what all the numbers tell us.
But that’s like saying if we went hoof ball to Andy Carrol and the numbers were good we should play like that.
I wouldn’t want that for Spurs, and the same applies to Dele.
That’s why I’ve said you have to use perspective with the stats.

I simply do not enjoy watching Dele play for 9/10 games. I don’t thinks his all round game is good enough anymore.
Ryan Fraser has similar numbers to Eriksen last season.

But that’s like saying if we went hoof ball to Andy Carrol and the numbers were good we should play like that.
I wouldn’t want that for Spurs, and the same applies to Dele.
That’s why I’ve said you have to use perspective with the stats.

I simply do not enjoy watching Dele play for 9/10 games. I don’t thinks his all round game is good enough anymore.
Ryan Fraser has similar numbers to Eriksen last season.

And that's your perfectly valid opinion, doesn't make him a good or a bad player though. Andy Caroll was a good player, played over 300 games and scored a goal every four games nearly all in the Premier League ... in my opinion he was also an ungainly dislikable twat on and off the pitch, but that's only my opinion, the facts still say he was a good player.

If Ryan Fraser plays 225 EPL games and puts up goals and assists to match Eriksen's then playing at a lesser club it would be fair too say he was as good if not better .... long way to go before he achieves that.

And that's your perfectly valid opinion, doesn't make him a good or a bad player though. Andy Caroll was a good player, played over 300 games and scored a goal every four games nearly all in the Premier League ... in my opinion he was also an ungainly dislikable twat on and off the pitch, but that's only my opinion, the facts still say he was a good player.

If Ryan Fraser plays 225 EPL games and puts up goals and assists to match Eriksen's then playing at a lesser club it would be fair too say he was as good if not better .... long way to go before he achieves that.

And here we have perspective again.
Andy Carroll has good numbers but there’s a reason he’s a West Ham/ Newcastle level player.
Fraser has good numbers last season but the perspective is that they don’t match Eriksen over 5 years.....

And Dele has good personal numbers, but the perspective is there are no stats to balance out how many moves he destroys with poor passing, decision making, silly flicks, or being closed down for being too slow.

The other day the discussion was on striker conversion rate.....some said 50 goals in a season with 4000 shots was poor.

What about 7 goals and 3 assists but ruining 4000 counter attacks?

And here we have perspective again.
Andy Carroll has good numbers but there’s a reason he’s a West Ham/ Newcastle level player.
Fraser has good numbers last season but the perspective is that they don’t match Eriksen over 5 years.....

And Dele has good personal numbers, but the perspective is there are no stats to balance out how many moves he destroys with poor passing, decision making, silly flicks, or being closed down for being too slow.

The other day the discussion was on striker conversion rate.....some said 50 goals in a season with 4000 shots was poor.

What about 7 goals and 3 assists but ruining 4000 counter attacks?

But that's just you showing bias Sammy - Carroll played in the EPL against all the same teams as every other player, the fact he played for lesser teams makes his achievement if anything better ...

Look at this season, is scoring goals for West Ham (27 goals) easier than scoring goals for Man City (65 goals) the facts say it's more than twice as easy to score for Man City ...

and your argument "how many moves he destroys with poor passing, decision making, silly flicks, or being closed down for being too slow" is again just your opinion ... he may in reality do this less than any other player, but without the numbers it's just your opinion nothing more.

If you look at the numbers available for misplaced passes, tackles and poor touch, Dele has actually got very good numbers ... 77.3% passing success, better than Lucas (75.2%) and Kane (67.2%) but a long way behind Son (86%) ... possession lost well he makes 1.5 winning tackles per game, the most of any attacking midfield player, and he lose only 1.4 ... he averages just 1.9 unsuccessful touches per game ...

so with those admittedly limited facts they wouldn't support your opinion at all, in fact just the opposite.

No question Dele can appear frustrating but is that because he fucks up more than anybody else? or is it just that you notice it more?

Dele Alli could become a problem in the team. He has not shown his best and live of old accomplishments.
He is a great player when he is on, but unfortunately he has not been living up to the promise. He sees himself as senior player in the squad but instead of leading the way, he is more into pointing fingers at others. It is frustration, and it is not good for a team.

Its this John guy tbh. Bumped a thread with the most pointless tweet from a nobody. Sammy himself even stated Alli had a good game on saturday so even he doesn't agree with him.
I haven’t got to agree with anyone.
I don’t agree with John H that Dele has always been shit and have never said so.

Ive said he was world class when he broke through.
Poch ruined him, and the player is too immature to work hard on his game. He thinks he’s still that 100M rated starlet.

Remember those days, when we were shitting it that he could walk into Barca for massive money?
And wallys going around thinking he’s better now?! “Oh he’s so much more all rounded“.....

Yeah it was so shit when he was scoring world class goals and destroying Real Madrid.....Tap in’s against Norwich is where it’s at.

Back
Top Bottom