Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It does seem strange rewatching it, I wonder if he thinks he is already past the flight of the ball, so rather than have it bounce off the side of his head he decides to duck under it, hoping Sonny can tap in at the back post?

Whether he knew Sonny was there or he was hoping somebody was there I don't know but if so he knew that they would have a better chance of scoring with an open goal.

That being said he should of gone for it, maybe he bottled it as he knew the keeper would of clattered him

That prick Phil Neville has just said on MOTD that Dele is playing at the top of his game and in the last 5 or 6 matches, he's been the one driving us forward.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS GUY ON ABOUT??????

That prick Phil Neville has just said on MOTD that Dele is playing at the top of his game and in the last 5 or 6 matches, he's been the one driving us forward.

He’s been fucking awful recently, and was terrible today.

Took his goal well. A strange player really. He’s way too confident in his abilities, but once in a while that overconfidence results in something amazing or effective. The rest of the time he’s just kind of there and in the way.

FOOTBALL ....

Dele was pushed further forward more into the "Kane" role especially in the second half, played the entire game a good ten yards further up the pitch than normal, scored a very Kane type tap in from a cross and was involved in nearly all our best attacking moves. If you can't see that Dele is slowly stepping up his game you're just not paying attention.

He's still not at his best but certainly getting there. Fully expect him to be playing as our CF against Southampton

FOOTBALL ....

Dele was pushed further forward more into the "Kane" role especially in the second half, played the entire game a good ten yards further up the pitch than normal, scored a very Kane type tap in from a cross and was involved in nearly all our best attacking moves. If you can't see that Dele is slowly stepping up his game you're just not paying attention.

He's still not at his best but certainly getting there. Fully expect him to be playing as our CF against Southampton

Think he's our best player to be a focal point in the absence of Kane atm, and frees up the likes of son to play their normal game.

Hopefully we get in a striker who can hold the ball up though, otherwise its going to be a long old 2nd half of the season

He’s been fucking awful recently, and was terrible today.

Took his goal well. A strange player really. He’s way too confident in his abilities, but once in a while that overconfidence results in something amazing or effective. The rest of the time he’s just kind of there and in the way.
Spot on

FOOTBALL ....

Sigh...

Why don't you try reading my message again and you might just notice this time that you haven't addressed a single point that I raised.

Sigh...

Why don't you try reading my message again and you might just notice this time that you haven't addressed a single point that I raised.
Just combating the never ending stream of negativity that people love to spout ... if you can't see what Neville, and most other qualified observers can see, that despite not being at his best Dele is putting in a monumental amount of work to try and drive the team forward ... then you're just not paying attention.

But haters love to hate I guess ... just odd to hate your own players, scored one and created one (cough) what a cunt, is that about right?

Since the 22nd November in two months Dele has played over 1,200 minutes scored 6 and assisted 2 and that's playing nowhere near his best .... in all that time even when things have been going badly wrong he's never stopped trying, give me eleven players with that mindset any-day.

Last edited:
FOOTBALL ....

he actually worked really hard today, tried to make hinself available, its just that, as with the rest of the team, not a lot came off for him. Its a confidence thing i think. Ive not liked his play this season but he did ok today.

I once read about Bill Nick defending Jimmy Greaves to a reporter. The reporter said “Greaves was virtually invisible today” to which Nick said - “Oh I’d agree with you - apart from those two goals he scored”.

Spurs won 2-1. Forest I think.

Just combating the never ending stream of negativity that people love to spout ... if you can't see what Neville, and most other qualified observers can see, that despite not being at his best Dele is putting in a monumental amount of work to try and drive the team forward ... then you're just not paying attention.

But haters love to hate I guess ... just odd to hate your own players, scored one and created one (cough) what a cunt, is that about right?

Since the 22nd November in two months Dele has played over 1,200 minutes scored 6 and assisted 2 and that's playing nowhere near his best .... in all that time even when things have been going badly wrong he's never stopped trying, give me eleven players with that mindset any-day.

BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT PHIL NEVILLE SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I once read about Bill Nick defending Jimmy Greaves to a reporter. The reporter said “Greaves was virtually invisible today” to which Nick said - “Oh I’d agree with you - apart from those two goals he scored”.

Spurs won 2-1. Forest I think.
But in Alli case you should say: "yeah, apart from those two goals he scored against Chelsea in 2018."

Back
Top Bottom