Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've signed up especially to have my say about Dele. I shake my head when the Dele devotees sing his name, after he forces a throw in, or "wins" a free kick. He is a passenger, who needs players around him to make him look good; he is way out of his depth, and doesn't know what to do when he gets the ball. He tries to wrap his foot around every pass, or do a stupid flick instead of taking the simple option, and always looks for a way to fall over and get a foul. Example on Saturday, when he was in a good position to shoot or pass, but looked for the penalty. You're flogging a dead horse against Liverpool, if you think you'll get a pen against them. He trots around, and throws his arms up in the air when one of his wayward passes isn't picked up, or if someone doesn't pass to him. Bench this brat, and make him fight for his place. Granted, he will pull out the odd moment of brilliance(I was fortunate to see him at Palace and Stoke away, a few years back when he was imperious), but is not consistent enough for someone who starts almost every match. I also must apologise to the chap who sits next to me, as I moan about him all the time. Maybe I'm being harsh, but I know what I am seeing.
Spot on
There’s people here who praise him to high heaven, then wonder why we can’t get the ball forward.

Right now or in his career with us I really thought or maybe hoped he would be our midfield lynchpin.

The player who embodied the club and who was either captain or recognised number 2.

We have no one, other than maybe Son and the now obvious Kane who I look at and think yes, he example to follow.

Right now or in his career with us I really thought or maybe hoped he would be our midfield lynchpin.

The player who embodied the club and who was either captain or recognised number 2.

We have no one, other than maybe Son and the now obvious Kane who I look at and think yes, he example to follow.
Was supposed to be our new Gazza.....funny, annoying, brash, sublime.

He was 18 and had the world at his feet.

The “best manager since Bill Nic” coaches the shit out of him, over disciplined him, and played him as a holding mid in the middle of the pitch and this is what we’re left with.

Mentality that's been missing from this team.

The more I see Dele duck under that cross the more I don't understand it. He appears to have a real problem with attempting to score at the moment. Needs to shake that off sharpish. Recently good scoring opportunities have been few and far between and he needs to be stepping up and making the most of the ones he is getting.

The more I see Dele duck under that cross the more I don't understand it. He appears to have a real problem with attempting to score at the moment. Needs to shake that off sharpish. Recently good scoring opportunities have been few and far between and he needs to be stepping up and making the most of the ones he is getting.
It does seem strange rewatching it, I wonder if he thinks he is already past the flight of the ball, so rather than have it bounce off the side of his head he decides to duck under it, hoping Sonny can tap in at the back post?

Definitely needs resting either way in my opinion, he is constantly slowing attacks down and losing possession so cheaply.

The “best manager since Bill Nic” coaches the shit out of him, over disciplined him, and played him as a holding mid in the middle of the pitch and this is what we’re left with.
Do people really think that Poch has been the best manager since Bill Nic? Surely not?

You couldn't be any happier could you?

The patch of really good form he had really annoyed you didn't it?

He needs a rest having played nearly every game. Its clear as day he is tired.

You couldn't be any happier could you?

The patch of really good form he had really annoyed you didn't it?

He needs a rest having played nearly every game. Its clear as day he is tired.
Im annoyed he’s been shit for three years, you seem to be enjoying what he brings to the team though.
Did you buy some of his Russian jeans too?

The whole post. He had three good games when Mourinho turned up and that's it.
So it cant be the whole post can it? Surely i've listed 3 of those games lol. What 3 games were good according to you?

Is this what this place has come to? Nobody really attempting to debate...just disagrees and saying others are wrong. Sad state of affairs.

So it cant be the whole post can it? Surely i've listed 3 of those games lol. What 3 games were good according to you?

Is this what this place has come to? Nobody really attempting to debate...just disagrees and saying others are wrong. Sad state of affairs.
Read the thread, you'll find your answers within it.

*Played really good against West Ham in Mourinho's first game.

*played good against Olympiakos

*played good against Bouremouth

*played good against Man United

*played good against Burnley

*played good against Brighton

And was decent against Wolves as well

He's basically dog shit every game but gets credit for having a good game if he scores or assists.

Unfortunately he's gonna be we one of the first names on the team sheet under Mourinho because of his ability to latch on to long balls.

Back
Top Bottom