Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like Dele but he’s far too limited to be a ‘first name on the teamsheet’ or ‘nailed on starter’ player like José seems to be treating him.

Honestly if he’s the reason Lamela or Lo Celso isnt starting, than he shouldn’t be XI.

I like Dele but he’s far too limited to be a ‘first name on the teamsheet’ or ‘nailed on starter’ player like José seems to be treating him.

Honestly if he’s the reason Lamela or Lo Celso isnt starting, than he shouldn’t be XI.
Jose said in the interview after the match that Lamela played as much as he could meaning he cannot play 90 mins and I suspect Lo Celso cannot play much more but certainly not 3 matches in a week which we have.

He wouldn't star in my neighborhood team. And there's people arguing he had a good game? Jesus, he was dispossessed almost every time he gets the ball. No vision, slow as fuck, no creativity, doesn't give a shit about helping the team, what the fuck does this guy have to do for people realize he is a poor player and a cunt?

One of our better players.
The "guys that go" keep singing his praises because he keeps going like they do. Same as the Moose. We were playing the best team in the world today.

Deli is shit, but the man who picks him for every game is a genius? And his continued selection of Eriksen is perplexing.

Edit: I don’t think Dele is shit.

Allejo10 you might want to remove your agree. 👍

Last edited:
Deli is shit, but the man who picks him for every game is a genius? And his continued selection of Eriksen is perplexing.

Edit: I don’t think Dele is shit.

Allejo10 you might want to remove your agree. 👍
I agree, both maybe are not shit but are way bellow the standard required by now. And i already expressed my insatisfaction with this Mourinho decision of playing them every game. Today, for me, was the first sign, in fact, Mourinho is on the right direction, with the change of formation ant Tanganga playing RB, but there's a long way to go.

Dele isn’t playing well, however he obviously has talent. When the whole team is clicking he looks much better.

Like everyone else he just looks lost.
He doesn’t look lost, he looks like an arrogant amature who thinks he doesn’t have to try hard because he just too good for it, and everyone else are just not up to his level and can’t read his back heels and flicks and THATS why EVERY move breaks down when it comes to him.

I've consistently praised Dele on here but I thought his attitude stank yesterday. Plenty of arm waving when it was his fault for giving the ball away (no vision to see passes). He was much better in the last 20 when GLC (who was good!) and Lamela came on.

Last edited:
Dele reminds me of that wanker every team I've played on had, who was good with trickery and fancy shit (and obsessed with PANNA and beating everyone in keep ups/round the worlds) but stunk up the pitch in an actual game because they didn't have fundamentals, teamwork, or vision.

Dele reminds me of that wanker every team I've played on had, who was good with trickery and fancy shit (and obsessed with PANNA and beating everyone in keep ups/round the worlds) but stunk up the pitch in an actual game because they didn't have fundamentals, teamwork, or vision.

Dele reminds me of me in that he's quite sh!t

I've signed up especially to have my say about Dele. I shake my head when the Dele devotees sing his name, after he forces a throw in, or "wins" a free kick. He is a passenger, who needs players around him to make him look good; he is way out of his depth, and doesn't know what to do when he gets the ball. He tries to wrap his foot around every pass, or do a stupid flick instead of taking the simple option, and always looks for a way to fall over and get a foul. Example on Saturday, when he was in a good position to shoot or pass, but looked for the penalty. You're flogging a dead horse against Liverpool, if you think you'll get a pen against them. He trots around, and throws his arms up in the air when one of his wayward passes isn't picked up, or if someone doesn't pass to him. Bench this brat, and make him fight for his place. Granted, he will pull out the odd moment of brilliance(I was fortunate to see him at Palace and Stoke away, a few years back when he was imperious), but is not consistent enough for someone who starts almost every match. I also must apologise to the chap who sits next to me, as I moan about him all the time. Maybe I'm being harsh, but I know what I am seeing.

With Kane out of action; we are expected to line up with a front 3 of SON - ALLI- MOURA

Given that Alli is not a striker; and Son/Moura are not good passers of the ball (i.e. they are looking to score; not pass) - that probably dictates that Alli would be expected to play a role that is similar to that of Firmino. i.e.

1. Hold up the ball and feed Moura/Son - Alli's is not winning any headers against CBs any time soon and he is not strong enough to hold off tackles. Instead he likely wins a free kick; which slows down the attack and allows the other team to get organised.
2. distract the CB's to create space for Moura/Son - Yep, he makes clever movements
3. pick out those key one touch passes - His first touch is not always great. Has a tendency to flick the ball in the air - which gives time for the defender to close him down and limit the options.

If it were me; I would have Alli working full time in training on his first touch. Trap the ball and play it immediately. In that part of the field; there is no space to look up and pick out a pass; he needs to have faith that our other attacking players are making good movements.

Back
Top Bottom