Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Top goal from dele again. People seamed to care more about posting in this thread when they were convinced he was shot.

He was dogshit today except for a 1 touch finish for which he had nothing to do with the buildup. Fair play on that but someone that gives something in the other 89 minutes would be significantly more useful. He's not shot, he never was what he was built up to be. And today he did what he occasionally does but it doesn't wipe the mind of the other 89 minutes of horrid shit. And if he wouldn't have scored you wouldn't have shown your face in here like the last few games.

Dele has world class talent. The kind of talent where he can be shit for 89 minutes and then makes a stunning goal. He is the type of player you leave in the game because he can change the game with a single play.

He was dogshit today except for a 1 touch finish for which he had nothing to do with the buildup. Fair play on that but someone that gives something in the other 89 minutes would be significantly more useful. He's not shot, he never was what he was built up to be. And today he did what he occasionally does but it doesn't wipe the mind of the other 89 minutes of horrid shit. And if he wouldn't have scored you wouldn't have shown your face in here like the last few games.
In the first half, he was the ONLY forward with any movement (Sess was also making runs TBF), everyone else was static. Lucas a headless chicken losing the ball every time he was on it.

He continued his contribution off the ball in the 2nd half, him and Kane (who was a no show in the first half) pressed (our pressing was shit as it was individual) and covered runs of Brighton.

Just need him further up.

Without Son taking up space you'd think he'd be as close to Kane as possible but he was too deep at times today.

Looked like he picked up a knock at the end of today's game, started limping and looked fuming at the full time whistle. With Ndombele and Lo Celso needing minutes and Lamela back, would be nice to be able to rest him at the weekend.

Dropping deep and having him be our main playmaker, he can be decent but not great; playing him in a position where he’s in and around the box, he’s brillant.

This match is another example of that.

Last edited:

I cant help popping in if he has the damm impertinence of scoring important goals. But as a football expert you'd know better.

In the first half, he was the ONLY forward with any movement (Sess was also making runs TBF), everyone else was static. Lucas a headless chicken losing the ball every time he was on it.

He continued his contribution off the ball in the 2nd half, him and Kane (who was a no show in the first half) pressed (our pressing was shit as it was individual) and covered runs of Brighton.
And the game changed when actual footballers came on.

And the game changed when actual footballers came on.
Take the confirmation bias specs off mate. I appreciate this is hard, I'm having to do the same with our managers' football.

Whilst it will be a hard watch I implore you to rewatch the game and only follow Dele. Just look what he does for the team. Always a challenge in a game like this when all those around you do their best impressions of traffic cones.

I cant help popping in if he has the damm impertinence of scoring important goals. But as a football expert you'd know better.
You should pop in when the more frequent 90 minutes of futility is on. But then you wouldn't have your mindless shiny object to point to.

Take the confirmation bias specs off mate. I appreciate this is hard, I'm having to do the same with our managers' football.

Whilst it will be a hard watch I implore you to rewatch the game and only follow Dele. Just look what he does for the team. Always a challenge in a game like this when all those around you do their best impressions of traffic cones.
If only this was track and field and not played with a ball. Tell me about his general efforts with the ball today. What'd think of those?

Back
Top Bottom