Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, Mourinho has made all the difference, square pegs in square holes and all that...although I thought he was coming back into form before the change...
Hmm, the only thing I thought he was coming back into was match fitness. Otherwise still looked woeful imo.

Mou has him back on track by helping to restore his swagger and playing him in his only actually good, natural position. Sometimes genius is recognizing the simple things and not overcomplicating it. What has he now- four goals and an assist in three games? Our Dele is back! And to think, some here were calling for him to be sold less than a month ago. It's so clear now that Poch had lost the dressing room with his asinine insistence on playing players out of position. I'm greatly looking forward to seeing what Dele can do the rest of the season.

It looks like Dele is enjoying working with Jose. And it’s no surprise he looks that way as Jose probably came in and told Dele he was world class, to be a cunt again, to try stuff that might not come off and to play him further up the field. Can imagine the phrase “you can be my Lampard” was involved heavily.

And unsurprisingly Dele has looked great since this happened.

But it has only been three games. He needs to play like this until the end of the season, keep banging the goals in and get back into the national squad before he is truly “back”.

Three swallows don’t make a blowjob.

I think Dele Alli is very misunderstood, by own fans a lot by other fans.

Play him up near the main striker and he causes defenders nightmares. He plays entirely on instinct. He doesn't know what he's gonna do until after he did it, so a defender has no chance of predicting it.
He's not a Messi or Ronaldo, performing dazzling dribbles and showboat football. He's the type of player to flick the ball on in his first touch setting some one else through or the type of player to break a defensive line with his first touch and score with his 2nd.
He's also the type of player who may be quiet for a while during a match but as long as he's on the pitch, he remains a very serious goal threat. He may also try 5 of the aforementioned flicks and fluff each one before getting one right that wins you the game.

Playing him deep is a waste of his instinctive football and it's a danger to our own defence with those potential flicks going awry.

I think Mourinho has very quickly established Dele needs to be close to Kane. He and Kane are better for it. He also seems to have decided it might be Dele OR Eriksen, not Dele AND Eriksen. Dele. Eriksen can do one.

I could be proven wrong, but I thought Son looked a bit out of sorts against Olympiakos and Bournemouth. Not sure if the resurgence of Dele around the box has perhaps stiffled Sonny a little bit?

Dele has taken the central role away from Eriksen Hence his return to form

dele always had the centre of the front 3 with Eriksen on the left or the right

then Eriksen started getting the centre slot and dele never looked the same player

that’s now changed

Back
Top Bottom