Defoe ahead of Soldado for Prem Matches?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Soldado has done very little in a Spurs shirt, and while I appreciate his movement, he needs to start scoring, assisting or at the very least, having the odd shot or my patience will start to wear off.

26M
2 penalties
6 shots on target in 6 PL games

Need more.

Id start Defoe against West Ham as he loves playing and scoring against them. The "big team" argument doesnt count for this game.
Soldado provided the assist against Chelsea.

In terms of results, sure, I'd like more from Soldado. The only way to get that is by being patient and letting him find his feet (pun not intended).

The two penalties and the assist got us 7 points. I don't trust Defoe to have gotten any of those things right - sorry. Maybe he scores one penalty but he definitely doesn't create the goal.

None of them who would have ambitions of finishing anywhere near being above us........hence he's still here

You are so hung up on scoring against the top 4....did Soldado bang any in against Chelsea or Woolwich? Or did I miss that?

Did he even run riot against the newly promoted teams we played this season? Or Norwich?

He's done very little, and it shows even more that your only answer is to belittle Defoe's scoring spree

Soldado starts 100% against WH as Defoe got the 90. I think with the attacking threat of Siggy, Eriksen we need a striker to create space, hold up play etc, a lot of thankless tasks Soldado has been doing. I do hole JD gets some game time, but if was the answer he wouldn't have been a fringe player for the last few seasons.

Soldado was so used to balls in the air on the 6 yard box at Valencia, once he truly gels with Eriksen, Lamela, Siggy he will fly...he's too good not to

Going by Sammy with his six shots on taget, lets say three go in and nothing else about his play changes. Then we all think he is the real deal. He has all the qualities off and on the ball and has the finishing. I'm not worried about him not scoring yet, because he has scored many goals against top level opposition.

Why what? Why am i not impressed with Defoe's goals against sunday league teams? Why do i not expect immediate miracles of our new signings? Why do i still believe in Soldado?
Erm, it was a pretty obvious question... however. "Why do you think Soldado has done enough since he joined Spurs to earn a place over Defoe?"
(P.S. I like Soldado, it's not a question of disbelieving in one player and putting him on the scrap heap.)

Personally I couldn't give a shit so long as we're are winning. We have dominated every game we have played. With exception to the ArseAnal game we have created chances from every area. I feel this debate only has merit if we were in Man U's shoes.

Back
Top Bottom