DEADLINE DAY PROTESTS - 31/01/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

True but doing nothing is apathetic .
The last 6 or so games we have seen the 15000
to 20000 not turning up. Granted many are season tickets and just can't be bothered to come but that is quite horrific early signs.
Enic will hope that tourists will fill when everything gets back to normal but a team has to be attractive and long term competitive .
Season tickets will be a massive flog if we don't get Champs league football next year.
We have Newcastle over the horizon and in 3 years they will be beyond us.

Summer ST sales will highlight issues.

If people want to protest that is 100% their right to do as they see fit.

Let’s see if it makes any difference I guess.

Summer ST sales will highlight issues.

If people want to protest that is 100% their right to do as they see fit.

Let’s see if it makes any difference I guess.

People said that last year yet in the middle of a pandemic yet THFC still sold over 50,000. No idea how many are now on the waiting list, for sure it will be more than enough to again sell out.

Anyone here abandoning their season ticket this summer?

People said that last year yet in the middle of a pandemic yet THFC still sold over 50,000. No idea how many are now on the waiting list, for sure it will be more than enough to again sell out.

Anyone here abandoning their season ticket this summer?

100k ish on the waiting list.

Was it on here someone’s wife bought a membership and got a season ticket the next day?

I think the waiting list is pretty much done these days. Just people who pay the extra £10 for ticket access a day early.

Does that 50k ST holders include corporate as well?

The club have let journos and media in the training ground so the protestors can't be given any coverage lol

Watching Sky Sports, I’m not sure any of the journo’s are outside other clubs training grounds either. They all seem to be inside stadiums or training grounds or in a completely different location. Didn’t they want to avoid having fans in the background of those reports anyway?

Watching Sky Sports, I’m not sure any of the journo’s are outside other clubs training grounds either. They all seem to be inside stadiums or training grounds or in a completely different location. Didn’t they want to avoid having fans in the background of those reports anyway?

They're normally outside the training grounds on deadline day, I think this is the first time they've been let in.

There's been problems before with fans in the background and misbehaving on camera with other fanbases so it could be Sky asking to be placed inside, or could be the club not wanting the protestors to be heard, probably a bit of both.

They're normally outside the training grounds on deadline day, I think this is the first time they've been let in.

There's been problems before with fans in the background and misbehaving on camera with other fanbases so it could be Sky asking to be placed inside, or could be the club not wanting the protestors to be heard, probably a bit of both.

If the club had concerns over a potential protest, then no doubt they would have asked Sky to report from inside the training ground instead.

I do think Sky have their own concerns though, they have a journo inside the Emirates, a journo inside the Brentford ground, someone from somewhere random in Manchester

Any twitter feeds up yet, from those at the Protest. Though I suspect that with the 1000's there, they could well have issues finding a mobile signal to upload live from the scene....

Anybody else think this is maybe a day premature?

Is anyone there? Pics anyone?

If there are enough people there for the media to take an interest in, I doubt they'd be able to screen 'levy is a cunt,' or similar swearing out which is why they'd probably give it a swerve.

They could shoot from a distance to show the turn out, however big or small it is.

Absolute fucking scenes today outside the Tottenham Hotspur Training Ground. Look at all of KnightBillyNick’s mates from The Brewers protesting against ENIC.

2-driveway-newtrainingcentre.jpg

If anyone doesn’t fancy using their season ticket, as a protest or whatever. Let me know and I will get the Eurostar home and use your ticket for the weekend, any weekend.

It’s football, there’s ups and downs. We’re not owned by a murderous dictator or oil country. I quite like that. I’m happy that we try and are hopefully on our way back up again.

That said, we’re not owed anything by the club. We don’t own the club. Most of us know fuck all about high level finance at the C-Suite level. If we were collectively in charge we would undoubtedly fuck it up. There’s complexity most of us wouldn’t understand in how the stadium is financed, how transfers work and then there’s the politics and interpersonal relationships between clubs and people.

Why not give the new management structure until the end of next season before you complain. Getting behind the team and helping them succeed is more likely to get returns than making the lives of the club and it’s employees more difficult. Negative press won’t help us win.

You are forelock tugging serf.

And very dimwitted too.

Hahahaha what an embarrassment. Levy is on the phone to Joe as we speaking planning to sell up because a handful of middle aged men have taken the day off work to stand outside the training ground with some budget signs.

Back
Top Bottom