DEADLINE DAY PROTESTS - 31/01/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is an opposing protest at the golf course if anyone is interested
I'll be there. Drinking the salty tears of the enic are cunts collective.

im salty rooster teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

He doesn't, that's mostly the problem being protested.

Fans have finally come savvy to the ENIC formula.

Televised protests spread awareness, and harm the brand image. ENIC talk in monetary terms so anything to harm the brand, especially in negotiations for stadium naming rights is bad news.

Also, it may spread awareness to other fans who were 'on the fence' and spark more curiosity.

Protests do work if they're consistent enough. Even Woodward has stepped down at united now after mass protest.
Lol, Woodward resigned and was replaced by yet another corporate stooge. Nothing has happened. Nothing will happen.

For the record, United supporters protested in droves. Sold hundreds, if not thousands, of green and gold scarves/shirts. Smoke bombs. Marching in the streets. Founded a splinter club.

15+ years later the Glazers are still firmly entrenched with the club being run by corporate stooges, siphoning off profits.

He doesn't, that's mostly the problem being protested.

Fans have finally come savvy to the ENIC formula.

Televised protests spread awareness, and harm the brand image. ENIC talk in monetary terms so anything to harm the brand, especially in negotiations for stadium naming rights is bad news.

Also, it may spread awareness to other fans who were 'on the fence' and spark more curiosity.

Protests do work if they're consistent enough. Even Woodward has stepped down at united now after mass protest.

You assumption that "Fans have finally come savvy to the ENIC formula" is just fantasy. This year will no doubt see record income (from the fans) and any protest will be little more than two men and a bedsheet.

No question the internet trolls are out in force slagging on ENIC/Levy/Spurs/Players led by the clickbait brigade at the Daily Mail .... but most of us older fans have been there, seen it, read the book. Scholar, Sugar, ENIC they all will come and go, we will still be here.

To leap to the conclusion that a few thousand words on a website means "fans have finally come savvy to the ENIC formula" you need much more to go on than that.

Fans are pissed of with the lack of success, that goes for pretty much every club not named City or Liverpool, but holding mass protests to remove the devil? that's simply not happening.

What is the protest actually for?

I'm not pro ENIC because they could have done things alot better but they haven't ruined our club

The transfer window has been crazy but we knew this would happen with Paratici having many deals on at once

I don't go to games too often but the prices are a complete disgrace to watch the team I love including drinks and travel is what some people get paid a week

Can’t help feeling that any protest is going to be wholly counter productive to our season. It’s hardly going to encourage potential targets to sign, risks demotivating players, destabilising the squad’s fragile mentality further, and increases the chances of Conte deciding to walk.

What is the protest actually for?

I'm not pro ENIC because they could have done things alot better but they haven't ruined our club

The transfer window has been crazy but we knew this would happen with Paratici having many deals on at once

I don't go to games too often but the prices are a complete disgrace to watch the team I love including drinks and travel is what some people get paid a week
Probably a culmination of things.

Chronic under investment in the squad coinciding with the expansion of the ENIC Property Empire of the back of the clubs name.

Longest trophy drought since the 1920's

Elite ticket prices for 2nd tier ambition

ESL-gate

I could go on but I guess frustration has been building since the year and a half self imposed transfer embargo and having our bottoms spanked 4 times in as many months by Chelsea Probably hasn't helped either.

Seems we're breaking records for all the wrong reasons lately.

Back
Top Bottom