DEADLINE DAY PROTESTS - 31/01/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair play they turned up in numbers. (About 17 from what I can count there).

Just like I thought, the ENICout extremists all fur coat and knickers, meltdown over the internet, throwing abuse at anyone who dares to disagree with them but when it comes to the crunch their words are just hollow.

Bunch of internet gangstas.

No One Page GIF

Nobody from here will actually go, many will say 'I might go to this'. Load of bollocks.

As I said elsewhere, would be amazed if there's more than 100 'fans' there.
Looks like I was right.

Easy to be all bravado online and shout Levy Out, Enic Out, ect but when it comes down to it, it's only words on a forum or social media - AKA a load of piss and wind.

So went down. There was about 100 of us. Disappointed but with turn out to be honest. But all movements start of small. COYs

Respect to you for making the effort.

The reason I can't be bothered (despite thinking ENIC either need to change their MO or sell up) is because I know a massive majority of social media types are all mouth and no action.

When we held an anti-Stratford protest it was a good success with a couple of 100 old school Yids (the the types that are generally hated on TFC) making a nuisance of ourselves and blocking the high road. It got lots of coverage.

A couple of weeks later there was a FB organised protest which supposedly had '300 attending'. In the end there was about 10 people there of which me and my mates were three.

Since then I have largely ignored Internet warriors.

If anyone doesn’t fancy using their season ticket, as a protest or whatever. Let me know and I will get the Eurostar home and use your ticket for the weekend, any weekend.

It’s football, there’s ups and downs. We’re not owned by a murderous dictator or oil country. I quite like that. I’m happy that we try and are hopefully on our way back up again.

That said, we’re not owed anything by the club. We don’t own the club. Most of us know fuck all about high level finance at the C-Suite level. If we were collectively in charge we would undoubtedly fuck it up. There’s complexity most of us wouldn’t understand in how the stadium is financed, how transfers work and then there’s the politics and interpersonal relationships between clubs and people.

Why not give the new management structure until the end of next season before you complain. Getting behind the team and helping them succeed is more likely to get returns than making the lives of the club and it’s employees more difficult. Negative press won’t help us win.

For the record, United supporters protested in droves. Sold hundreds, if not thousands, of green and gold scarves/shirts. Smoke bombs. Marching in the streets. Founded a splinter club.

15+ years later the Glazers are still firmly entrenched with the club being run by corporate stooges, siphoning off profits.

Absolute fucking scenes today outside the Tottenham Hotspur Training Ground. Look at all of KnightBillyNick’s mates from The Brewers protesting against ENIC.

2-driveway-newtrainingcentre.jpg

Back
Top Bottom