Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He wants to see out his contract and then get his multi-million signing bonus from Inter Milan or something. I don't know what's going through his head.
He's gonna be another Danny Rose. He's more likely to find himself as Joachim Andersen's backup at Palace.

Davinson's a good lad. Never complained or put in a lack of effort despite falling out of favour and having the fans get on his back to (at times) a frankly unpleasant/unnecessary degree. He's also clearly keen to go and get game time, unlike a certain Eric Dier.

Good luck to him.

The backup defenders were Sanchez, Ben & Dier.

Sanchez is/was the best one, Ben tries hard and Dier is p!ss poor.

The best one sold, hope not club wrong decision.

Let's hope suspension & injury free Q-tee and VDV.

I don't think the 2 youngsters are ready.

Name your wager. He'll play for Spurs this season.

It will take an absolute extreme situation, like the Man Utd defensive injury crisis, that saw Maguire finish on the pitch alongside Jonny Evans to see Dier turn out for us this season.

Ange has not included him in his leadership group, not picked him in a single squad. Picked an 18 year old ahead of him in the squad, played a declining LB ahead of him in preseason.

Yes he was a model professional but unfortunately he was also fucking useless and hung around far too long.
Yep, good attitude but he made errors every game. Sometimes we just got away with it because the opposition failed to take advantage but it really was every single game. Glad he’s gone and actually we’ve got a great fee. What we paid for him was a scandal but that’s on levy.

Sanchez has fucked up on too many occasions in previous seasons and because he has not done so yet this season does not mean he will not in the future. How is he still here? Because no suitable club wants him even though we are prepared to sell at a substantial loss. As we have not bought anyone then we must start bringing on Phillips even if not ready.
We are not making a loss on him. He signed for a fee of "up to" £42m on a 6yr contract in Aug '17, (with a new contract the following year extending it to '24) I doubt he met the criterion for this full fee button be generous so assuming he did, if the reported sale price is accurate we've just banked a profit on him.

We are not making a loss on him. He signed for a fee of "up to" £42m on a 6yr contract in Aug '17, (with a new contract the following year extending it to '24) I doubt he met the criterion for this full fee button be generous so assuming he did, if the reported sale price is accurate we've just banked a profit on him.
Would he have gotten a signing on fee when he signed his extension?

Would he have gotten a signing on fee when he signed his extension?
It's a good question. I don't know.

When I was writing that I was also uncertain what happens to the amortisation on a contract that gets extended, is it recalculated with the added year or is it set on the original deal? Either way in Big Dave's case we clear a profit if the reported sale price is accurate.

Seems like a nice lad and always tried hard. Unfortunately he is just not (and never will be) a natural defender.

I also never agreed with any ideas that he was a ‘physical specimen’. He really wasn’t that strong, fast or good in the air. He does look ripped and in shape, but I never felt that showed on the pitch.

I didn’t think he was a good purchase way back then but hoped he would develop over time. I think it was a poor job by our scouting team back then.

All the same - good luck Dav.

It's a good question. I don't know.

When I was writing that I was also uncertain what happens to the amortisation on a contract that gets extended, is it recalculated with the added year or is it set on the original deal? Either way in Big Dave's case we clear a profit if the reported sale price is accurate.
My guess is that it would be along the lines of:

Original fee - £42m
1st yr depreciation/amortisation £8.4m leaving £33.6m
Contract extension e.g. £5m
Total Value on books £38.6m
Annual amortisation £7.72m x 4 = £30.88m
Leving £7.72m on the books
Sold for £13m = £5`28m profit on disposal. (This obviously becomes £10.28m if no extension signing on fee)

So yeah unless he was given over £10m for adding a year to his contract then we definitely booked a profit on his sale.

Nice.

The decision here was get £13m and have risky depth for 16 games or get no money at all for him, considering his contract expires at the end of the season.

It was the right decision, the fact he survived 6 years here annoys me greatly. The wrong one was to be so unprepared and not being in a second centre back despite having three months to do it. Classic levy being a twat.

Back
Top Bottom