Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair play to him for stepping up and taking a penalty. I don’t think he played well at all last night, but I think that’s mostly because he lacks talent and a footballing brain rather than a lack of commitment. He gives his all, he’s just not good enough.
Hopefully he gets a move sorted out this week to a club where he can get regular minutes. I think he could be useful for a lower half premiership team or a championship team.
Rather see Dier go before him.

And he really didn't play that bad last night. For all of Fulhams huffing and puffing, they didn't create much, the defence was pretty solid. The goal they score was incredibly unluck on VdV,

Yeah, and why was that you dumb-ass?
Because Sanchez had missed a penalty that he shouldn’t have been taking.
It’s not like your favorite dinner. You don’t leave the bestest things until last.
You send up your best penalty takers early.

You might actually be the dumbest poster on this site — and fuck me that’s an achievement.
Dude it doesn’t fucking matter what order. If Maddison makes his and Sanchez misses his anyway, we still lose.

How is Maddison supposed to predict who makes their penalties ahead of him? He made his penalty which was his job.

People have literally lost their minds if they are analyzing the pens so thoroughly that they are blaming guys who made their pens for not going in a specific order that would make no difference.

Last edited:
It may not have mattered in this case but the order of takers absolutely matters. Maybe with Vic in goal, he saves a couple and you don’t have to use your weakest penalty taker.

The advantages to having your best penalty takers go early have been laid out logically and in detail.
But Vic wasn’t in goal and that wasn’t part of my argument.

Forster wasn’t going to magically save a couple just because Sanchez shoots 4th instead of 3rd.

Forster wasn’t going to magically save a couple just because Sanchez shoots 4th instead of 3rd.
No one has suggested that’s the case and no one knows what Forster is going to do when Dav steps up to take his penalty. You have the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.

The question is:
Why was a reserve CB taking the third penalty in a penalty shoot out?

The answer appears to be that you save your better options to go later which we’re contending is bollocks.

No one has suggested that’s the case and no one knows what Forster is going to do when Dav steps up to take his penalty. You have the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.

The question is:
Why was a reserve CB taking the third penalty in a penalty shoot out?

The answer appears to be that you save your better options to go later which we’re contending is bollocks.
Does the order have to be named ahead of time or can you decide as you go?

I can picture Maddison thinking he's being clever insisting to go fourth on the theory that it's the most "important" one.

Sanchez should go and should not have even played last night and letting him take a penalty makes me wonder about Ange's sanity. He has been abysmal on many occasions in past seasons and if he had been treated like some of the others not wanted he might have got the message to go. He was booed by his own supporters last season which is a rarity in itself. VDV was limping walking off and I do hope that does not mean Sanchez at Burnley.

If the club are actively trying to sell Sanchez as they are Dier...why play him ? Has Posto decided to keep him or it looks like a deal can't be made ?
The same applies to Hojbjerg.
Even Lo Celso to an extent.

If the club are actively trying to sell Sanchez as they are Dier...why play him ? Has Posto decided to keep him or it looks like a deal can't be made ?
The same applies to Hojbjerg.
Even Lo Celso to an extent.

There are players that Ange felt he could use even though the club is trying to sell them. Like Lo Celso, Sanchez, PEH.

Then there are players he doesn’t feel he can use and has exiled completely, like Dier, Tanganga, Ndombele, Reguilon etc.

The first lot will be involved in the first team if they stay here, the latter will not make the squad list. All of them are available for transfer.

Not at Tottenham
Yes at Tottenham. From BBC's match report following our home defeat to Bournemouth. To be substituted after 23 minutes after coming on as a sub but he fucked up again.
Davinson Sanchez, who came on for an injured Lenglet, inadvertently turning the ball into Solanke's path for the second.
Spurs fans also appeared to boo Sanchez after Bournemouth went 2-1 up and the Colombia defender, 26, was replaced by Danjuma after being on the field for just 23 minutes.

"I've never seen this in my career," captain Hugo Lloris told beIN Sport. "I feel really bad for Davinson. He's a team-mate, he's a friend and he's been fighting for the club for many, many years now.

"The story is sad for the club, the fans and the player. It's something you don't want to see in football."

Yes at Tottenham. From BBC's match report following our home defeat to Bournemouth. To be substituted after 23 minutes after coming on as a sub but he fucked up again.
Davinson Sanchez, who came on for an injured Lenglet, inadvertently turning the ball into Solanke's path for the second.
Spurs fans also appeared to boo Sanchez after Bournemouth went 2-1 up and the Colombia defender, 26, was replaced by Danjuma after being on the field for just 23 minutes.

"I've never seen this in my career," captain Hugo Lloris told beIN Sport. "I feel really bad for Davinson. He's a team-mate, he's a friend and he's been fighting for the club for many, many years now.

"The story is sad for the club, the fans and the player. It's something you don't want to see in football."
I was implying that it isn’t rare at Tottenham. The LBH Donkey Jacket contingent have been booing players all the way back to the seventies.

Good to see him celebrating so enthusiastically with sonny after his 3rd goal.

Seems like a good team player, even if his career here has been underwhelming. Shame that many fans treat him like shit.

I can’t see how we can afford to let him go until at least January at the earliest, especially seeing from yesterday that him and Phillips are clearly the backup option.

Eric on the other hand………

Sanchez has fucked up on too many occasions in previous seasons and because he has not done so yet this season does not mean he will not in the future. How is he still here? Because no suitable club wants him even though we are prepared to sell at a substantial loss. As we have not bought anyone then we must start bringing on Phillips even if not ready.

Sanchez has fucked up on too many occasions in previous seasons and because he has not done so yet this season does not mean he will not in the future. How is he still here? Because no suitable club wants him even though we are prepared to sell at a substantial loss. As we have not bought anyone then we must start bringing on Phillips even if not ready.
I take issue with the idea that he's not fucked up this season. He's majorly responsible for us going out of the carabao cup.

Error after error, poor playing out the back and finally the missed pen.

Back
Top Bottom