Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love the kid but let's "use him by not using him" in true Spurs tradition (look it up kids)

Give the guy a rest.
It's not a punishment, but the season is catching up on him and I'd actually rather see Dier at CB v Woolwich

Not his best performance (like Dier). Maybe some rest and recouperation is in order. I'll give him a bit of a pass tho since it was his first game at Anfield and that is always something

I don’t think he did too much wrong today.
Poch was right to sub him when he did though.
He could certainly do with a mini break.
He’s been superb alongside Jan, in Toby’s absence. If Toby is ready to go, then it’s an ideal time to let him have a breather. He’s played a lot of football for someone his age in a new country.
The lad is going to be a world beater.

There are some games though where his passing is fine.

Today I put it down to just having one of those games. Liverpool pressed him. Man Utd done the same in the Europa League final last season.

He was fine, couple naive errors but nothing costly. Wouldn’t be shocked to see him in a back 3 with Toby and Verts against Woolwich. He seems better in a back 3.

I think mentally he needs to toughen up as if he makes an error he appears to be a bit wobbly for ten or fifteen mins. Today and Vs Southampton when he messed up a clearance seemed to affect him...my imagination maybe?

I think mentally he needs to toughen up as if he makes an error he appears to be a bit wobbly for ten or fifteen mins. Today and Vs Southampton when he messed up a clearance seemed to affect him...my imagination maybe?
He's a kid still. That's the type of stuff that comes with age and experience. The more we play him the more he will sharpen up

He has been excellent. The odd lapse but stewarded brilliantly by the peerless Vertonghen but first season, new country and so young.......come on. Of course he has much to learn and so he should have but we are not 5th because we have a shit defence.

If the likes of Janssen, Soldado and Llorente were 80% as good as he has been so far we would have been infinitely happier with their contributions.

The bloke is not perfect but easy to see how he has quality.

he has been very good, but yesterday and against Newport he was nervous or off it
don't know if its just the pressured atmosphere at both those away games

He's coping it big time and with some justification. However, I think given his age, the environment at Anfield, the weight of expectations, he will be OK.

Crushing him now does no good. He has the skill and build to be a very good player. One off day, does not determine his destiny.

He's coping it big time and with some justification. However, I think given his age, the environment at Anfield, the weight of expectations, he will be OK.

Crushing him now does no good. He has the skill and build to be a very good player. One off day, does not determine his destiny.

Yeah, the way Salah got past him for their second goal and his failure to not mind read Dier's back pass was criminal.

You are right but I am not even sure we need say anything about the bloke.

Context.

Back
Top Bottom