Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nearly cost us at the end. Toby slots back in for him midweek and it stays that way I reckon.

Saying that:

Last edited:
Such an immense player for us, and he's only going to get better.

There's no doubt that he's made poor mistakes and will still occasionally make them, but for his age and experience it's amazing what a solid player he has become. We've been without one of the single best CB's and haven't seen any massive drop off in quality.

Wasn’t flawless last night, but he was up against two top quality strikers. Not many centre backs have flawless matches against the likes of Higuain.

Every one of our back four made mistakes last night. It was a big match against scary attackers. I don’t think we can expect more.

Wasn’t flawless last night, but he was up against two top quality strikers. Not many centre backs have flawless matches against the likes of Higuain.

Every one of our back four made mistakes last night. It was a big match against scary attackers. I don’t think we can expect more.

He struggles when put under pressure in the big matches it seems but he's 21 and is a real class act. Needs to learn how to win free kicks when under the cosh but that artfulness will come with age. All the talent in the world though

I was hard on him last night and his touch has been off, with simple passes.

BUT, he still makes crucial tackles, his positioning is good and he has all the makings of a top player.

Needs some rotation with Foyth though I feel.

Also better than Phil Jonnes
I think I might be better than old Jonesy
giphy.gif

I think he is a great player, not a complete player yet granted, but he seems to be cutting out the mistakes he was making a lot more at the start of the season (yes I watched the Woolwich game). This is his first season though, it hasn't been a complete season for him yet and I honestly think him playing with Jan, Toby or both will do his career the world of good. Imagine those in a back three, best 2 center backs in the world with a promising 21 year who is very athletic but learning his trade quickly.
He plays out well from the back, he is a great passer of the ball which is apparently one of the reasons we brought him and I honestly think he could be a long term replacement for Toby or Jan.

Back
Top Bottom