Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A solid game today. No obvious mares that I can remember. Which is great considering he played without a more experienced partner so a good learning experience for him

Gotta say Im disappointed, almost gobsmacked listening to the fighting cock podcasts views about Davinson Sanchez.

The lad is 21 and playing against the best teams in Europe (Madrid, Juve, Dortmund) and our club record signing (pressure). Hes had an outstanding season. So what if he misplaces the odd pass. Hes solid, quick, strong. Good in the air. Confident etc... He will be a world class CB no doubt and one of our best players.

I do wonder how many of our fans have played a real game of football.

Gotta say Im disappointed, almost gobsmacked listening to the fighting cock podcasts views about Davinson Sanchez.

The lad is 21 and playing against the best teams in Europe (Madrid, Juve, Dortmund) and our club record signing (pressure). Hes had an outstanding season. So what if he misplaces the odd pass. Hes solid, quick, strong. Good in the air. Confident etc... He will be a world class CB no doubt and one of our best players.

I do wonder how many of our fans have played a real game of football.
Sadly it is the downside to the strides we have made as a club. Players are expected to land on their feet and be able to click in the team from day 1 more and more (the accent of highlight videos probably also play apart). We and most other fanbases don't allow a player to have that time to adapt.

Still Davinson has had a great year so far and will be a top player in his position for years to come. But he is still very much a kid. Give him time

People go on about how remarkable Dele is for his age - which is true - but given he's the same age and the pressures that come with his position, it's a travesty the same isn't said about Sanchez. I suppose it's just not as sexy a role. But what a player.

I told my mates around January / February 2017 (they didn't even know him at the time) that we should sign him, now they start to believe I know a thing or two about football. :pochsmirk:

Very good player who will only get better and better.

Superb again today. There are very few CBs who are that composed at such a young age. Sure, he has got an error or two in him (air shot today) and will no doubt screw up badly at some point...but he is a real rough diamond. Will only get better and better.

I think he is a great player, not a complete player yet granted, but he seems to be cutting out the mistakes he was making a lot more at the start of the season (yes I watched the Woolwich game). This is his first season though, it hasn't been a complete season for him yet and I honestly think him playing with Jan, Toby or both will do his career the world of good. Imagine those in a back three, best 2 center backs in the world with a promising 21 year who is very athletic but learning his trade quickly.
He plays out well from the back, he is a great passer of the ball which is apparently one of the reasons we brought him and I honestly think he could be a long term replacement for Toby or Jan.
Agree. He was near perfect today, if not for a miss kick in own box in sec half. But as you said, it is his first season and has improved from his earlier games. Despite Jan and Toby's experience, they can get skinned by top speedy players when we play flat 4. If we are to continue with flat 4, Davinson's pace is so important.

Back
Top Bottom