Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So many pluses with him in the team.

For once we've got searing pace in the back 3. Allows Jan to run forward through the MF, which he is very good at. And Toby to go forward too, where his accurate long passes can be even more dangerous to the oppo.

Wasn't he linked with Barcelona before he signed for us? If so, that would be a concern. Has he come to the PL to get in the shop window for the mega move?

In the meantime we've got another Ledley. I expect him to come on in leaps and bounds in the next few months, when he'll get some mojo going forward too. Surely good enough in the air to get some goals from freekicks and corners.

Love the fact that the team with the best defensive record in the PL let everyone else win the Summer Transfer window, and then calmly picked up Sanchez Aurier Foyth.

So many pluses with him in the team.

For once we've got searing pace in the back 3. Allows Jan to run forward through the MF, which he is very good at. And Toby to go forward too, where his accurate long passes can be even more dangerous to the oppo.

Wasn't he linked with Barcelona before he signed for us? If so, that would be a concern. Has he come to the PL to get in the shop window for the mega move?

In the meantime we've got another Ledley. I expect him to come on in leaps and bounds in the next few months, when he'll get some mojo going forward too. Surely good enough in the air to get some goals from freekicks and corners.

Love the fact that the team with the best defensive record in the PL let everyone else win the Summer Transfer window, and then calmly picked up Sanchez Aurier Foyth.
Barca were apparently on him before his move to Ajax. But he said in interviews that he has to focus on himself and get time on the pitch. He wasn't confident he would get that at Barca

He looks like he's born to carry a team from the back. I've never before, as far as I can recall, been so impressed by and confident in a young defender.

A fantastic player, and a very important one for how we like to play our football.

I can't remember a single moment where he's looked even slightly panicked or rushed. He's unbelievably composed for a defender, let alone a TWENTY-ONE year old one.

His transfer fee already looks like an absolute bargain.

40 0dd million. In the meantime the dippers were in a right old faff over van dijk, like he was the only centre half on earth.

I like to imagine the conversation was " Well, jurgen, that's van dijk buggered. Next time, don't take the guy we are tapping up to Ben & Jerry's for ice cream. Now what about that guy at Ajax, Sanchez? We don't rate him? Ok..klavan, Mario and Loren it is. I'm sure itll be fine....

40 0dd million. In the meantime the dippers were in a right old faff over van dijk, like he was the only centre half on earth.

I like to imagine the conversation was " Well, jurgen, that's van dijk buggered. Next time, don't take the guy we are tapping up to Ben & Jerry's for ice cream. Now what about that guy at Ajax, Sanchez? We don't rate him? Ok..klavan, Mario and Loren it is. I'm sure itll be fine....
More likely to be Sanchez thinking to himself “Do I choose to play alongside Toby & Jan under the guidance of Poch, or take my chance alongside Klavan & Lovren under the guidance of that gurning trampclown Klopp? Tricky one, that.”

That tackle on Alexis Sanchez in the NLD was so, so good.

So good that it makes me angry.

Still i can console myself that Woolwich and Liverlol seem bewilderingly incapable of buying a decent centre half between them, when we have 3 or even 4 absolute top draw CB's that are proven in the prem now.

Honestly it boggles my mind. Its got to be nearly 10 years since either of them bought a capable CB?

Liverpool has Sakho but didnt rate him!? Mustafi is alright at a push.

Seriously you need to go back to Caragher playing for the last decent liverpool CB and probably to the Scum signing Mertesacker, Koscielny and before that Vermaelen.

Its short sightedness on an epic level.

That tackle on Alexis Sanchez in the NLD was so, so good.

So good that it makes me angry.

Still i can console myself that Woolwich and Liverlol seem bewilderingly incapable of buying a decent centre half between them, when we have 3 or even 4 absolute top draw CB's that are proven in the prem now.

Honestly it boggles my mind. Its got to be nearly 10 years since either of them bought a capable CB?

Liverpool has Sakho but didnt rate him!? Mustafi is alright at a push.

Seriously you need to go back to Caragher playing for the last decent liverpool CB and probably to the Scum signing Mertesacker, Koscielny and before that Vermaelen.

Its short sightedness on an epic level.
It still pisses me off that he got pulled for that tackle. For all their “dominance”, the ref gets that one right & it’s still 0-0. They didn’t look like scoring until they got a helping hand or two from the officials.
Anyway, am so glad we got him in. Absolute powerhouse of a player & has superb tekkers

And we'll probably head back to Ajax for De Ligt too
No idea who that is, but judging from the 4 we currently have from Ajax, sign him up. In fact, fuck it, sign the whole squad and just see which ones work out
Levyavblloris.gif

Back
Top Bottom