Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's the concrete evidence it's Rose? Is it looking super likely?

It was always gonna be a huge ask to win trophies in an era of financial doping (and possible one season wonder 'ahem' doping).

I can live with that. I grew up with this team through the 90's, and going to school miserable because of another shite performance.

I can't live with players not wanting to play for the club. I said a few years ago give me a team that plays for the club and I'll be happy. If they want to go, if not mortgaging the future on players that the artificially wealthy clubs don't want is a lack of ambition then leave.

My ambition is for a young team that wins and losses together. Not a band of mercenaries.

What's the concrete evidence it's Rose? Is it looking super likely?

It was always gonna be a huge ask to win trophies in an era of financial doping (and possible one season wonder 'ahem' doping).

I can live with that. I grew up with this team through the 90's, and going to school miserable because of another shite performance.

I can't live with players not wanting to play for the club. I said a few years ago give me a team that plays for the club and I'll be happy. If they want to go, if not mortgaging the future on players that the artificially wealthy clubs don't want is a lack of ambition then leave.

My ambition is for a young team that wins and losses together. Not a band of mercenaries.

Absolutely.

You're more likely to win players with average guys who'll bleed for the shirt, than excellent players who don't want to be there

CCcdlD6.png

If I'm searching for an optimistic angle to all of this, perhaps the club will realise they have been taking the piss and will sign some players. However, I'm clutching at straws... I agree with what GG1882 said, the fact he said it to that Murdoch rag hurts the most. If it does turn out it was him who spoke to that scum of a fucking "newspaper", whether he's ignorant or just plain stupid, unfortunately it means he is no longer welcome at our club to me.

The problem i see is that i dont believe Rose has any loyalty towards the club and to actually defend him , he received dogs abuse from some fans when he signed a new deal a few years back , so i can definitely see him feeling no real obligation to stay sadly

I blame Poch. We're ahead on the 'project'. We've assembled and created a great team for modest cost on modest wages, and due to our performances the last 2 years, these players could earn more for what they do. If we were already in our new stadium, we'd be better placed to pay better money.

I'm sure the players understand that. It's just that some of them aren't that bothered and want the 'big club money' that we cannot yet offer.

I'll wait to see what the actual interview reveals but going to a fucking rag like the Sun with this is a kick in the teeth to pretty much everyone he works with, it's a breaking of trust. You handle things amongst yourselves. If I was Poch I'd want to throttle him.

I'll wait to see what the actual interview reveals but going to a fucking rag like the Sun with this is a kick in the teeth to pretty much everyone he works with, it's a breaking of trust. You handle things amongst yourselves. If I was Poch I'd want to throttle him.
The key thing that needs to be found out is WHEN he said this. If this was said at the time when he was in the BBC radio studio of Five Live then I don't have too much of an issue with it. As you say it's The Sun, they could have held on to this and chose to release it now??? If it's from an interview in past 48hrs then he's fucked. So I'm going to hold on to my shit before this is revealed. (Didn't he only come out with quotes a day or so ago stating how happy he was???).

I'm so fucking tired of all these fairy tale fans who believe we'll just keep digging up Dele Alli's from shit leagues and that our academy will consistently provide world class players, when in reality the only notable player to come through in donkey years is Kane. You can all fuck off which this 'noble' approach to transfers and football, Levy needs to show some fucking ambition and reach down into those pockets. Also earlier in the summer when fans were deluding themselves into thinking we had the best transfer window because we hadn't signed anybody. We're never going to win anything if things continue like this, players and managers surely realize this. A footballers career is very short, of course he'll want to win trophies

Back
Top Bottom