Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We signed Lucas in Jan 18. I'm calling out your lies. Twat.

We also clearly came close to signing De Jong and Grealish. Two players who clearly have quality to add to the team. Levy hasn't sat on his arse doing nothing, far from it. Under Levy we have gone from no European football through to getting to the semi finals of the Europa League, all the way through to being in the semi finals of the Champions League. We have done so whilst working within our financial means.

Levy has been a catalyst for change & people that can't see the development to date refuse to see it as it doesn't suit their agendas. If we beat Ajax and win the final, will people say they were wrong to slag Levy off? It's a real possibility and it's occured under Levy's reign when 15 years ago breaking into the top 4 was seen as an impossible task by the likes of Jol etc.

It's all about the long-term, it's the only way to organically grown the stature of the club just and fairly

I will unreservedly applaud Levy when he does well.
Me too. And I have, on numerous occassions.
But when he's responsible for failing to see a single dime invested in the football team, leaving Poch to bring on Davies and Foyth to get back into our biggest game in 50 years, while simultaneously posting world record breaking profits, the geezer deserves all the shit he gets

Levy has completely disregarded this football team for 18 months.
After 3 years of being forced to work with one hand tied behind his back, Poch's now being forced to work miracles with both hands tied up, blindfolded, and stripped naked.
Is it any wonder he cut a dejected figure on the sideline last night?
The big mystery is why such a sizeable chunk of fans on here would still rather back the chairman than Poch and the team!
i back the club. end of.

But when he's responsible for failing to see a single dime invested in the football team, leaving Poch to bring on Davies and Foyth to get back into our biggest game in 50 years, while simultaneously posting world record breaking profits, the geezer deserves all the shit he gets
is he, alone, responsible?

What PL position and stage of the CL do you think we would have been in now if we'd spent £100m last summer?

If we drew half of the defeats, we'd still be third.

The fact we're running out of steam right now is due to injuries and playing more games than we expected.

We are still in the tie for the Champions League and we'll have Son available for that game.

If you take a step back at the arc of where the club is going we are just ahead of the curve, you think this is stupid to say, it's not. We are not meant to be a Champions League team, it is miraculous to be at this point with the resources we have.

Telling fans to be patient doesn't sit well, I know that but your alternative is what,?? You can't deny the fact we don't have the money to compete with City, Chelsea, United, heck even Everton are paying more for their wages than we are.

There is a principal to how the club is being run, it is hard when other clubs are going about it in a way that's frankly insane. If we accept the club is being run correctly, then you have to back Levy & Pochettino, even if that means waiting a bit longer for some glory.

Pretty pessemistic outlook

Back in 2000 I never thought I would see Spurs in CL or that our squad might look like the 3rd best in PL. So we have a very long way since then.
The league position might say third best but be honest all those losses are masking the problems we have, it's not just an honest appraisal of our situation that we lack.
Surely you don't think poch will get given big funds to actually improve the squad do you it's not the levy way instead buy cheap then sell on for big buck's that's Levy's MO.

Oh no, we could ONLY bring on two Internationally capped defenders!...

Last edited:
If we drew half of the defeats, we'd still be third.

The fact we're running out of steam right now is due to injuries and playing more games than we expected.

We are still in the tie for the Champions League and we'll have Son available for that game.

If you take a step back at the arc of where the club is going we are just ahead of the curve, you think this is stupid to say, it's not. We are not meant to be a Champions League team, it is miraculous to be at this point with the resources we have.

Telling fans to be patient doesn't sit well, I know that but your alternative is what,?? You can't deny the fact we don't have the money to compete with City, Chelsea, United, heck even Everton are paying more for their wages than we are.

There is a principal to how the club is being run, it is hard when other clubs are going about it in a way that's frankly insane. If we accept the club is being run correctly, then you have to back Levy & Pochettino, even if that means waiting a bit longer for some glory.

Good shout. In fact we could have drawn them ALL, be stood unbeaten in the league and STILL be 3rd.

The league position might say third best but be honest all those losses are masking the problems we have, it's not just an honest appraisal of our situation that we lack.
Surely you don't think poch will get given big funds to actually improve the squad do you it's not the levy way instead buy cheap then sell on for big buck's that's Levy's MO.

I said the SQUAD looked 3rd best after Liverpool and Mancity, which happens to be our place in the PL

Our squad isbetter than Manu Woolwich and Chelsea imo - you disagree ?

I expect some reinforce!ments in this summer - the size of net spend might be 50m to 100m max depending on whether we see value. But certainly not the £200m that many might think having played too many computer games.

We also clearly came close to signing De Jong and Grealish. Two players who clearly have quality to add to the team. Levy hasn't sat on his arse doing nothing, far from it. Under Levy we have gone from no European football through to getting to the semi finals of the Europa League, all the way through to being in the semi finals of the Champions League. We have done so whilst working within our financial means.

Levy has been a catalyst for change & people that can't see the development to date refuse to see it as it doesn't suit their agendas. If we beat Ajax and win the final, will people say they were wrong to slag Levy off? It's a real possibility and it's occured under Levy's reign when 15 years ago breaking into the top 4 was seen as an impossible task by the likes of Jol etc.

It's all about the long-term, it's the only way to organically grown the stature of the club just and fairly
Of the two players you mentioned no way was we getting de Jong and as for grealish not be able to get that over the line was down to levy fucking about and the reason I know this is because I know someone quite close to him and his family.
As for agenda's that is total bollocks mate everyone has his or her opinion on how they see the club run or lack of investment etc, the same as how you see everything isn't a problem which is your perogative but certainly no agenda.

Lul... U wot?

i back the club. end of.
I back the team That's who I grew up supporting.
The owners mean nothing to me. If they back my football team by strengthening it and showing a desire to back our manager i'll support them too.
You take a different view. You have blind faith in the owners and back them regardless. Good for you.

I'd say that if Poch had been backed to the tune of 100million, (reasonable for a club of our wealth) , champions league football would have been secured weeks ago, we may have had a squad capable of winning a domestic trophy, and our squad would have been in a far healthier position to take on Ajax last night.
Its all ifs and buts, of course, but what's not beyond doubt is that completely neglecting the squad for 2 successive windows is both cowardly and disgusting when our most promising manager in decades has worked miracles to get us where we are.
So, assuming this. Let's say Pochettino was backed with 100 million last summer. And let's say that the players Pochettino wanted said "No, we're not changing clubs this summer," and "I'd like to, but the owners won't sanction a deal." And then let's say Pochettino says I want those 3 guys or nobody.

In this scenario, who is at fault? Because Frenkie de Jong said no to us last summer because he wanted to stay at Ajax, according to him. Grealish and Ndombele couldn't get their owners to ok moves. And Pochettino didn't want anyone else.

In that scenario, how is it Levy who is at fault?

I back the team That's who I grew up supporting.
The owners mean nothing to me. If they back my football team by strengthening it and showing a desire to back our manager i'll support them too.
You take a different view. You have blind faith in the owners and back them regardless. Good for you.
except i dont have blind faith in the owners. I know a couple of things that I can't repeat (because of who told me)that are unforgiveable. (and I quite honestly dont give a shit if you believe that)

its taken what is currently and arguably the best stadium in world football to even come close to forgiveness for trying to get us to stratford. if that had been a success, it would have been truly unforgiveable

edit: genuine question..how old are you?
you grew up supporting us, but dont remember the sugar years, as I recall

The Wikipedia article is out of date, he's made 6 appearances so far and is their highest rated player by far.
Guangzhou R&F F.C.

I wished we'd kept him but understand why he was sold. Not replacing him was the fuck up.

I honestly don't think you can replace Dembele, there's not many midfielders who are direct replacements, players that just seem to glide on the ball are rare as hen's teeth.

That's not a total defence, there may have been other players, I think we planned on relying on Winks and playing in a slightly different way and he's been shafted with injury.

The Wikipedia article is out of date, he's made 6 appearances so far and is their highest rated player by far.
Guangzhou R&F F.C.

I wished we'd kept him but understand why he was sold. Not replacing him was the fuck up.
not much different, is it.

I trust that if the management thought he could have still done a job, we would have kept him. but the management have access to all the medical facts n figures.
anyone really thinks he was let go just to trouser 11 million is fooling themselves, IMO

Back
Top Bottom