Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nah don't really buy this at all. Sure Dembele may have fancied a move but his relationship with the club and Poch was clearly very strong. If we had sat him down and explained to him that we needed him for the rest of the season as we couldn't find a replacement for him in January there's no way he would have objected IMO.

You don't "buy" it at all, but you self-concocted version of events is somehow more credible?

By his own admission? Find me a quote from Dembele where he said he was 'no longer able to play in the Premier League.' Or indeed any proper evidence that really supports this train of thought?
I mean sure, this may have been a small part of the thought process in his head, I can't imagine Pochs training is nice for any player with a history of injuries, but it's a narrative that has been blown way out of proportion by people desperate to justify his sale.

I've said this before, without a shadow of a doubt Dembele was not the player he was, he had slowed down a lot, but he was NOT a crock. He had played for us many times this season before getting injured in November, and played well I might add, and had returned to training the week before we sold him.

Poch continually said he had to be "Managed" through games/the season!
Dembele is hardly going to say I'm fucked but pay me shit loads to play in the Chinese league?

Levy has completely disregarded this football team for 18 months.
After 3 years of being forced to work with one hand tied behind his back, Poch's now being forced to work miracles with both hands tied up, blindfolded, and stripped naked.
Is it any wonder he cut a dejected figure on the sideline last night?
The big mystery is why such a sizeable chunk of fans on here would still rather back the chairman than Poch and the team!

After 3 years of being forced to work with one hand tied behind his back, Poch's now being forced to work miracles with both hands tied up, blindfolded, and stripped naked.
The big mystery is why such a sizeable chunk of fans on here would still rather back the chairman than Poch and the team!

Hysterical ramblings of the ignorant .

2 windows without signings..... Not 18 months (unless you're implying we can buy Feb > June).... Not 3 years.

Disingenuous, moneyball whore.

I will unreservedly applaud Levy when he does well, he's a good chairman in many ways and has done many wonderful things for this club. But I just find the fans who blindly back him in regard to every situation, and refuse to acknowledge when he makes a clear error, such as weakening our squad mid season when we were already threadbare as it is, so baffling and actually quite sad in a way.

Hysterical ramblings of the ignorant .

2 windows without signings..... Not 18 months (unless you're implying we can buy Feb > Jume.... Not 3 years.

Disingenuous, moneyball whore.
So you agree he's neglected the team for 12 months. Progress I suppose.
Although January 18 to July 19 (if we sign someone) is 18 months where I come from, baby

We signed Lucas in Jan 18. Twat
Jan 18 to July 19 = 18 months, son.

giphy.gif

Read this slowly.

The. Last. Player. We. Signed. Was. In. Jan. 18. The. Next. Will. Not. Be. Before. July. 19. Thats. 18. Months.

Because of the stadium levy has got away with it in regards to his and pochs neglect of the team but although I like to think that this summer will be different the reality is we are braced for more of the same bollocks masquerading as excuses.
There are many forum members on here who will not allow any criticism of the bald one nor any criticism of the team when it plays shit like last night and Saturday, in fact this season in general we have got away with it because of the inconsistent form of the other three for CL spots.
How we can sit third in the league having lost a disgraceful figure of 12 games and reached a semi final which we will be out of by next week is staggering and your wasting your time arguing with idiot's like him.

Because of the stadium levy has got away with it in regards to his and pochs neglect of the team but although I like to think that this summer will be different the reality is we are braced for more of the same bollocks masquerading as excuses.
There are many forum members on here who will not allow any criticism of the bald one nor any criticism of the team when it plays shit like last night and Saturday, in fact this season in general we have got away with it because of the inconsistent form of the other three for CL spots.
How we can sit third in the league having lost a disgraceful figure of 12 games and reached a semi final which we will be out of by next week is staggering and your wasting your time arguing with idiot's like him.

TR.y looking at the member of wins.

Also unprecedented number of draws (one)

What PL position and stage of the CL do you think we would have been in now if we'd spent £100m last summer?

What PL position and stage of the CL do you think we would have been in now if we'd spent £100m last summer?
I'd say that if Poch had been backed to the tune of 100million, (reasonable for a club of our wealth) , champions league football would have been secured weeks ago, we may have had a squad capable of winning a domestic trophy, and our squad would have been in a far healthier position to take on Ajax last night.
Its all ifs and buts, of course, but what's not beyond doubt is that completely neglecting the squad for 2 successive windows is both cowardly and disgusting when our most promising manager in decades has worked miracles to get us where we are.

I actually think we potentially could of ran city and Chelsea a lot closer than falling away and losing so many games but we will never know now , the rebuild job in the summer if it happens will probably set us back for a few seasons but what can you do.

Back
Top Bottom