Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He can get the minutes that Veliz currently gets, which is almost none.

Both need a loan but we can't loan Scarlett so it probably has to be Veliz that goes out. Could see Ange using Johnson as a 9 in January before using either of Veliz or Scarlett tbh.
But why should a player who can’t get a start or decent game time for a championship club be even thought of for us. He actually won’t get on the pitch because you are right in what you say that Johnson or even Deki would go up top before him.

I know he can't play for another club in England due to playing for both us and Ipswich.

Does that rule extend across Europe? Wonder if we could find a European loan for him at all if he can?
Yeah it's a FIFA rule, so can't send him to Europe

We could send him to play in one of the non-FIFA countries like Kiribati or Vatican City :harrysmile:

But why should a player who can’t get a start or decent game time for a championship club be even thought of for us. He actually won’t get on the pitch because you are right in what you say that Johnson or even Deki would go up top before him.

I don’t really have an answer for this because I do think it’s unlikely he plays much.

Veliz won’t play much either though. Send him on loan to Germany IMO

Only thing I can say is that Ange clearly liked what he saw of Scarlett in pre season and clearly hasn’t seen enough from Veliz to give him big minutes.

Don't think much blame can be placed on Ipswich/McKenna, they gave him plenty of opportunities off the bench, more than I was expecting tbh. Saw quite a bit of criticism of his work rate in games he came on in which is a bit concerning. Shouldn't really have gone up to the Championship this season after struggling to establish himself as anything more than a squad player in league 1 last season with Pompey. Saw plenty of people in the summer saying Ipswich would be pushing for playoffs/promotion this season and they had decent depth up top so we knew it would be a tough loan minutes-wise. Also wasn't the smartest decision to play him in the EFL cup given there was a high chance he would be loaned out and it would mean we couldn't re-loan him...

Kinda makes sense all of a sudden if Ange thinks he can contribute now (even if just as back-up to Richy); what with Sonny in Asia and an injury question mark now hanging over Veliz..

Kinda makes sense all of a sudden if Ange thinks he can contribute now (even if just as back-up to Richy); what with Sonny in Asia and an injury question mark now hanging over Veliz..

Scarlett's recall from Ipswich happened before Veliz injury.

Probably good for Spurs we do have Scarlett back assuming Veliz is out for a couple of months - based upon Veliz play time at Spurs it will be restricted to minutes off the bench, although might lead to longer appearances if Ange likes what he sees

Scarlett's recall from Ipswich happened before Veliz injury.

I am aware of this..... But if it wasn't for the things I just mentioned; I'd have rather seen him go back out on loan.

Probably good for Spurs we do have Scarlett back assuming Veliz is out for a couple of months - based upon Veliz play time at Spurs it will be restricted to minutes off the bench, although might lead to longer appearances if Ange likes what he sees

I hope it's not a token gesture and that Ange genuinely feels he'll use him. It's not like his time at Ipswich will have showcased much (if anything) to Ange in order to make him think "Yes.... Get him back.... I need to play him asap".

We're all making a lot of assumptions on Ange's approach to integrating/blooding young players so far...... The levels involved may very well mean that his previously typical approach may not translate to the EPL; whereas he might have taken more of a punt on Phillips, Donley, Dorrington (eg) before now if still in Scotland.

I am aware of this..... But if it wasn't for the things I just mentioned; I'd have rather seen him go back out on loan.

I hope it's not a token gesture and that Ange genuinely feels he'll use him. It's not like his time at Ipswich will have showcased much (if anything) to Ange in order to make him think "Yes.... Get him back.... I need to play him asap".

We're all making a lot of assumptions on Ange's approach to integrating/blooding young players so far...... The levels involved may very well mean that his previously typical approach may not translate to the EPL; whereas he might have taken more of a punt on Phillips, Donley, Dorrington (eg) before now if still in Scotland.

Going out on another loan is not an option (cannot play for 3 clubs in a season), so if Ipswich loan was not working out the only option was to bring him back to Spurs to train with first team (its not a gesture from Ange).

And if he looks good in training he might look promising enough to play minutes (Ange seemed to like him in pre-season so that's not unlikely) : just so happens with Veliz injury his chances of some playing time has probably increased.

Going out on another loan is not an option (cannot play for 3 clubs in a season), so if Ipswich loan was not working out the only option was to bring him back to Spurs to train with first team (its not a gesture from Ange).

And if he looks good in training he might look promising enough to play minutes (Ange seemed to like him in pre-season so that's not unlikely) : just so happens with Veliz injury his chances of some playing time has probably increased.

Of course..... He played a bit v Fulham.

Silly rule.

Needless to say; let's hope he has a fullfilling 2nd half of the season.

Ah, that is really interesting...

Son is off to Asia, Veliz injured himself. Perisic is out for the season. Solomon and Madders are not back.

So for upcoming Burnley game we have front-line of Johnson-Richie-Kulu to pick. And ability to put Lo Celso behind them. From bench we'd have Gil, Donley and Dane then.

I'd be happy to see how he will do. Hopefully well :) !

Back
Top Bottom